“Quiet resort with beautiful garden at the sea.” 4 of 5 stars

Paradise Bay Beach & Watersport Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Tulubhan, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #64 of 132 Hotels in Boracay
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Quiet resort with beautiful garden at the sea.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

As a gay couple we decided to stay at this resort not only because of the gay-friendliness, but also because of the location. It is close enough to the busy D-mall area by tricycle (5-10 minutes) and white beach on foot. We wanted to relax for 6 full days in a nice hotel, with big rooms, good food and pleasant staff, after busy days diving and going out and party all night. And that we did find here! The communication via e-mail with Tony before even making our reservation and after we did book, was always very frank and prompt. That made us confident we made the right choice.

The staff, with management assistant Karen, made us feel at home every day especially at breakfast and dinner. Our room was very well cleaned and comfortable. The price-quality ratio is very good. Don't expect extreme luxury, for that you go to Shangri-la and pay 5 times more. Although I think shampoo and/or bath gel should always be included in the price of a room.
But I also saw that the pool was cleaned every morning, although I never saw any of the guests take a swim during the day. And handy-men were repairing things on the compound, the gardener was keeping the garden in good shape, preventing the coconuts from falling on our heads. So actually the resort is well maintained.

Since the resort is at the quiet side of the island, there is no noise from the white beach parties going on all night. It is also the more windy part of the island, so keeping open the balcony doors made the bedroom nice and cool at night. Walking from the resort to White beach is 15 minutes and you do pass the local neighborhoods. We never felt unsafe, during day or night.
Angie helped us with contacting a good diving school. We were happy to meet Mike from White Beach Divers the evening we arrived at the hotel.

The pick-up from Kalibo airport was very well arranged!! Yes, we could have found out about the tickets and how to get to the island all by ourselves, but for extra money, we were guided from the airport into buses and the boat and a car taking us to the hotel by 6 guys operating very efficiently while communicating via walkie-talkies.
The dinner the cook prepared for us on demand was very good. I usually don't eat seafood AT ALL, but was sure I should try it on an island where you cannot go wrong with ordering something very fresh. So I ordered the sizzling King Prawns. We could order anything, even things not on the menu. they would make whatever we wanted and they did. Ask for Monggo!
It's a delicious vegetarian side dish.
So yes, I would recommend staying at Paradise Bay resort and would love to come back for another relaxing holiday at Boracay.

Room Tip: All rooms have garden and sea view. The rooms on ground floor, have a veranda at the swimming pool...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Angelika F, Inhaber at Paradise Bay Beach & Watersport Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Jeroen,
Thank you for your very nice review.
We are very glad that you spend your vacation in our little Paradise and we hope to welcome you again as a friend of our Paradise Bay family.
Have a good time and take care.
Angie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was asked to write a candid review as I stayed at this hotel for 14 nights.
Any negative points can be rectified in time.

1. Welcome drinks provided ( and a big welcome when you arrive )
2. Wonderful staff, very helpful ( though need to use their cell phones away from public area's and or rooms.
3 Food = good, and the restro area very nice with a nice view.
4 Mention your a couple and you will get a wonderful surprise.
5 The hotel has 2 dogs, 1 cat and a tropical bird... these animals added to my holiday vacation, as i just loved them.
6. Grounds of complex well kept.

Now the negatives.

1. Security personal needs to be replaced, as the current ones do not do their job
2. Building needs a facelift = new paint job
3 Gate area needs to be cemented for flooding, so your not walking through puddles
4. Room needs to be aired, sprayed, before arrival of guest

Big Negative.

The hotel is trying to chage over to be a gay hotel only.. so I booked on their other site being Boragay.

1. Gay people do NOT want, nor wish to hear, or see, Screaming children at any time of the day.
so while in the transition of going from a family hotel to a gay hotel, rules of quietness must be enforced around the pool area.

Additional information:

There is big plans for this hotel, which will not happen unless the filopino directors, let management do their job, and make long term money, which in the short term will cost money, so filipino directors open up your pockets, be quiet, and let management do the job they are paid to do.. Make a wonderful hotel experience, without constant interfearence.

advise:

Stay at this hotel.. in general you will love it... if there is something your not happy with, let Thomas, Tony or any Staff members know and they will change it for you. really you can not ask for more than that.

Last advise for comfort of ALL guests.

Filipinos = Learn to be quiet and respect other guests
Europeans = Learn to be less arrogant, and don't take out your bad mood on staff

Take a Chill Pill and just relax

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean view room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family and I stayed in the hotel for 3 days and I must say that it was one of the most wonderful hotel experience that we have had in years. I would like to commend the management and staff for such warm welcome and excellent service. The stay was worth the travel! We will back again soon, for sure! two thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Macau, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed for 8 days at Paradise Bay and the experience was awesome. The staff were friendly and warming, the food in their restaurant were affordable and delicious, they never complain about me and my boyfriend changing rooms. We had the VIP room with balcony, flat screen tv, newly renovated bathroom. It was very convenient since I did my OWD Course and the boat waiting for me by the beach. It's the best hotel if you want less stress from the noise and crowd from white beach. The only thing annoys me are the tricycle drivers asking price for the fare from Paradise Bay to White beach, so what we did we walk almost 1km to Angol Point for a quick access to white beach. Overall, I love their service, treatment to guest, location of the hotel and I would love to go back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Hello,

I've been staying at Paradise Bay Resort for 3 weeks. I arrived in the hotel lobby and was very warmly welcomed by the hotel manager Matias. After a few very useful information, the hotel staff brought me to my room and it was spatial, clean in the standard was very enjoyable. There is a flat screen tv with lots of channels and the CR was newly renovated. Rober, the austrian cook is very good. Every day they conjure fabulous food. If i had any questions, before i could even open my mouth, Matthias knew already what i am needing. He is really an enrichment for the place. Everybody has been very friendly to me and i am very thankful for that preferential treatment.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

After a long and enduring journey from Manila I finally enter the gates of the Paradise Bay Resort Hotel. A friendly gent greets me with a complimentary tropical drink and I sit down in the restaurant for a warm welcoming check in. The ambience was magical, both serene and relaxing. I begin to smile and enjoy a great meal before proceeding to my room.
The room was very both beautifully and tastefully decorated with all the modcons. The Balcony vew was breathtaking: overlooking the pool, lit up at night, and the beach in the morning. The stillness was enchanting.
The hotel is a tad away from the main stretch (white beach). Transportation is never a problem and neither is walking as you'll absorb the friendly local scene.
This place has all the elements: enchantment, friendliness and character.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our trip to Boracay this time was to enjoy the New Years celebration there.. again we were pleasantly surprised.. Maxi and his wife went out of their way to ensure a great time was had by all of their guests. They had a special feast in which we were all given a small gift ( I still have mine.. :-) ), then we watched "a dinner for one" (a very funny comedy routine which is traditional at New Years) and afterwards were taken to a boat which went just in front of white beach so we could see all of the various fireworks celebrations from this unique vantage point. Thanks Maxi for this great experience!!
Our trip was with friends so we booked the large suite which could accommodate up to 7 people, a great place for the whole family.
The staff were again very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make our experience memorable. We had a great time exploring went to Puca Beach, ziplining and also to a butterfly garden in which there were tame flying foxes(the girls did not want to pet them).
Thanks Maxi and Angie for another wonderful holiday at Paradise Bay.. we will be back!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Bay Beach & Watersport Resort? Share your experiences!