As a gay couple we decided to stay at this resort not only because of the gay-friendliness, but also because of the location. It is close enough to the busy D-mall area by tricycle (5-10 minutes) and white beach on foot. We wanted to relax for 6 full days in a nice hotel, with big rooms, good food and pleasant staff, after busy days diving and going out and party all night. And that we did find here! The communication via e-mail with Tony before even making our reservation and after we did book, was always very frank and prompt. That made us confident we made the right choice.
The staff, with management assistant Karen, made us feel at home every day especially at breakfast and dinner. Our room was very well cleaned and comfortable. The price-quality ratio is very good. Don't expect extreme luxury, for that you go to Shangri-la and pay 5 times more. Although I think shampoo and/or bath gel should always be included in the price of a room.
But I also saw that the pool was cleaned every morning, although I never saw any of the guests take a swim during the day. And handy-men were repairing things on the compound, the gardener was keeping the garden in good shape, preventing the coconuts from falling on our heads. So actually the resort is well maintained.
Since the resort is at the quiet side of the island, there is no noise from the white beach parties going on all night. It is also the more windy part of the island, so keeping open the balcony doors made the bedroom nice and cool at night. Walking from the resort to White beach is 15 minutes and you do pass the local neighborhoods. We never felt unsafe, during day or night.
Angie helped us with contacting a good diving school. We were happy to meet Mike from White Beach Divers the evening we arrived at the hotel.
The pick-up from Kalibo airport was very well arranged!! Yes, we could have found out about the tickets and how to get to the island all by ourselves, but for extra money, we were guided from the airport into buses and the boat and a car taking us to the hotel by 6 guys operating very efficiently while communicating via walkie-talkies.
The dinner the cook prepared for us on demand was very good. I usually don't eat seafood AT ALL, but was sure I should try it on an island where you cannot go wrong with ordering something very fresh. So I ordered the sizzling King Prawns. We could order anything, even things not on the menu. they would make whatever we wanted and they did. Ask for Monggo!
It's a delicious vegetarian side dish.
So yes, I would recommend staying at Paradise Bay resort and would love to come back for another relaxing holiday at Boracay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Bay Resort Boracay in Boracay Island, Philippines – your gateway to a true beach oasis with every touch of perfection.Savor a relaxing retreat in cozy rooms fitted with refreshing interiors. Plunge into an array of excitement with a world of diversions within your reach. And bask in unparalleled bliss in our peaceful location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Paradise Bay Beach & Watersport Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Beach & Watersport Hotel Boracay
- Paradise Bay Beach And Watersport Resort
- Paradise Bay Beach Watersport Resort