“dont go to this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #120 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Perth, Australia
“dont go to this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

no route out of the hotel. they dont have the right of way so you can go out and explore the island. basically youre stuck in the resort with your private beach.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

64 people have reviewed this hotel

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

Booked through Agoda where I was automatically charged for the roundtrip transfers so I did not have a choice. I emailed the marketing office of Panoly in advance to arrange for my pick up and I did not get any reply on the first week so I have to call from Ireland before getting a reply. From the $20 for the transfer, I was asked an additional $10 per head since we are landing from Kalibo. Upon arriving in Kalibo, we were greeted by a porter and transferred us to a PUBLIC VAN! Not a tourist type or their own vehicle, but a van which actually pick up passengers from the road. The passengers are charged P100, while we were charged 5x! Then terminal fee and environmental fee is also not included. I was also charged for triple occupancy but no extra bed for the extra person. Likewise, you will be charged P150 if you want to get to Station 2 and P350 if special trip. When I requested for a special trip, I am suddenly asked for P500 if am later than 1130pm which the hotel did not bother to inform you before hand. It is only when you are making the call to book the special trip. The driver was also rude to say that he had been waiting for 10 minutes for us. It was a special trip so I did not understand the driver's tantrum. On our way home, they promised a better service. Lo and behold, they asked me to pay for the boat ride even though its included in the $30 and the guide is late. Can it be anymore worse? But yes, it was. The pool of the hotel is so blue that you know its only treated with chlorine but water is never replaced. We booked at the most peak season of the year! If they can not replace it during this period, then it could have been worse for the rest of the year. Food servings is also small. Am so frustrated, stressed and tired after this incident. And yes, no elevator, no safe in box. If I did not have it on prepay, I would have check out the following day just like some guests did!!!! Horrible nightmare!!! Its unfortunate that we spent our Christmas vacation there!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

This was my worst hotel experience ever!!!. The hotel's website is very misleading. The hotel needs an overall update into this century. No wi-fi, no safe in rooms, elevator not working. Main road to hotel was closed due to debris and you had to walk down this steep gravel and dirt laden road and at night by flashlight. This was not safe at all and several of us slipped but avoided a major fall and tumble. The pool was very dingy and bugs floating freely in the water. The grounds need major lawn care. The said bungalows are in need of much work. My first walk onto the grounds were very un-impressive and it went down from there. Transportation to the main island is not catered to the guest. I only spent one night there. "NOT GREAT"

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
maple, ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

I will never go back to this resort. The service sucks! Staff are very unorganized and needs a really good training on customer service. We ran out of water at one point while one my friends was taking a shower. As for the beach, he water is cold as compared to the water at the Beach area 1. The beach itself is filled with stones that can easily harm the soles of your feet. I regretted booking that place for my friends and I to enjoy our holiday after 5 years of not being together, I thought I could bring them to a nice place. But club panoly and and its staff ruined everything! The triple AAA and 4 star hotel they have been bragging about in their website are completely fake and a big hoax! Please spare yourself from all the hassle and headache!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Klhei Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

The workers, like all the people in the Phillippines, are very nice people. The place is a complete dump. Entered in evening through a back dirt road. Had to climb through barb wire barely avoiding serious injury. no maid service, swimming pool half full, no shuttle service(website says every 10 minutes). If you want to go enjoy the town be back by 6:00pm on their boat or prepare to enter through a barb wire fence. Terrible location away from town - looks like it was very nice in the 70's! Want 5000 peso cash deposit, internet access is very diffucult(lobby only) and our room had bugs. 3 night and no clean towels. This is hard to write because I like the staff, Owner is a crook!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I have been to many islands in thailand so this time we picked Boracay, plus someone recommended this place.The best part of this hotel is their beachfront. You really get a whole beach to yourself and the water is very clear, good for snorkling or diving. For me i prefer just sunbathing. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The hotel provides free shuttle service to the shopping bazaar on the other side of the town, you can buy local food & some local made crafts. The resort is like a big garden, a lot of space to walk around and relax, friendly staff.It s a very romantic destination for couples.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
floridablanca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

We stayed in The Panoly last month and we enjoyed our quality vacation. We stayed for 4
days and 2 nights. They have their own beach resort of which you relax since not
much of people from other resort since only the guest of Panoly who are their in
the beach. Anyway, if you want to go to the main beach to party, they have their
shuttle to bring you there. I think they lowered their room price to compete with
other hotel which is very nice to all. It’s very affordable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Panoly Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!