“A resort that is very accessible to all stations and have a very friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Diamond Water Edge Resort

You added Diamond Water Edge Resort to your Saves list
Diamond Water Edge Resort
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Station 1, Balabag, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #44 of 188 Boracay B&B and Inns
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in this resort. The setting is not that extravagant but you will have a warm family feeling. It's just felt like you are in your second home. It's right just at the end of Station 1 and few meters away from Station 2. You can have the serenity of station 1 and at the same time if you feel like partying it's just a few meters away! Kudos and sure will be back at this resort.

• Stayed January 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We only stayed here for 3 nights, but we so wish it could have been longer. Its a small and friendly hotel, right on the beach. It was just heavenly waking up every morning with the most amazing view of the white sand and blue sea. Breakfast is basic and can be taken either in your room, on the balcony or in the restaurant next door. There are free sunbeds right outside the door with large umbrellas to protect you from the sunshine if you wish. A fridge with soft drinks and beer, plenty of toiletries, in fact everything you need. We had the large premium room which had two double beds and wide screen tv, large veranda with outdoor furniture. It was lovely just walking out of the hotel every night and strolling down the beach to the bars and restaurants. We enjoyed sitting on our veranda every night with a cold drink watching the sunset. The staff are so helpful, they cant do enough for you. There is free wifi too, which they will happily re set if you have any issues. I cannot recommend this hotel enough and hope that one day we will return.

Room Tip: the rooms all face the beach, but we had the premium room on the top floor which was very large
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have stayed on Boracay before – actually a bit more than a Year ago.
At that time I stayed in Jony’s and Mango Ray Resort.
First I booked the True Home Hotel but they overbooked, so happily AGODA after some back and forth managed to get me a room at DIAMOND WATER EDGE RESORT.

Actually – that was the best that could happen to me!!!
OK, this Hotel is not as fancy as all those expensive hotels at Station 2 or 3, it does not have numerous bar’s itself, a swimmingpool, barbershops, souvenirshops or whatever they all have, BUT it is – in my opinion more than worth the somehow high price.

People nagged about the bathroom being small – well, it does not have a bath tub, Jacuzzi or seaview BUT: The room was spatious with 2 large beds (Kingsize I suppose) and a stunning seaview. – You really could not get closer to the sea than that – at high tide the water from the sea was touching the steps of the downstairs veranda reserved for the guests! So the Sea was at high tide a mere 5-10 meters away!!! It could (for me) really not get better than this!!!
I was staying from 16.12.2013 till 03.01.2014

I chose the hotel for two reasons:
- it is ABSOLUTE BEACHFRONT!
- ALL 6 rooms have seaview
- It is just a 1-2 minutes walk to the entertainment venues of station 1 like Cocomangas, Gully’s Island and Club Paraw (which has excellent “chicken nuggets” – in fact breaded chicken filet chopped in stripes
- In room safe
- Large 47” Flatscreen in the room
- Not so broad but spatious balcony overlooking the white beach in front

What is there more to say?

- The room: It was very tidy and the attentive staff did make it up at any time of the day when I was getting up late. NOTE: Don’t leave any food or crumbs laying around as the very tiny ants will find them and once they are in they return over and over.
- Rona the massage therapist does a great job
- The hotel did not insist on stocking the minibar themselves as I explicitly wanted to get my own choice of various non-alcoholic drinks (aside the vast amounts of water I drink in such warm weather)
- Every day you get two complimentary bottles of water and the staff is really kind and makes this hotel a true home away from home.
- You get 10% discount on watersports as this hotel is only a small side business. Diamond Watersports is the main business and the largest watersports and fun-sports provider on boracay.
- The Manager is a nephew of the owner and came from LA to manage the business on Boracay. He is very kind and an interesting person to talk to. I am sure that if I ever had any issues it would have no problem to discuss it with him.
- I have chosen the room upstairs as it makes me feel safer (even though the whole hotel including the rooftop terrace is monitored by CCTV and there are always several armed guards on duty (even if you don’t notice the arms)
- The STAFF treated me like a friend which made me very comfortable as a single traveller and “long staying” guest (they are lovely and cheeky if you get familiar with them ;-) ) Actually I miss having a beer or other drinks every now and then…

Would I return? Deffinitely YES!!! If I have the means and the time to return then I definitely will, as this was one of my best holidays ever. It is not a 5* resort, but as good as it can get for me at a price which is still payable and I would not trade it for any other hotel I walked by in station 1. Station 2 and 3 are totally beyond discussion for me as none of the hotels there is absolute beachfront.

If you choose to stay here also visit Obama’s Grill next door – never had better spare ribs than there – the meat is falling of the bone just when you touch it with the fork – it can’t get any more tender…

Thanks people for making my vacation such a great experience!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
san jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

What a difference from Niggi Niggi Too that we previously stayed at. We were woke up our first full morning, as someone was setting up a party directly above us on the roof. Our room was directly above the office. I notifed the supervisor and she said there was a event planned that night. She said it would be over by 11, I figured I could live with this. Eleven came and went, the music was loud directly on top of our room. There was also a man speaking on a pa at times that you could hear. At around 12 I went to the office and they said they would tell them. The music stopped, but they continued to clean up, which was also loud. I went down again and finally they stopped at around 12:40. Then loud bass music could be heard from the front, not sure where this came from, but it went on for awhile. I finally got to sleep and again was awoken at 9 as I slept in as I lost sleep the night before. Thery were cleaning the event up again. I complained again, asked to move hotels and get a discount. They said if we moved, we would lose money and they couldn't provide a discount. The breakfast was basic, nothing like Niggi Niggi Too. We are paying a extra 90 pesos each for fresh mango juice, this was free at Niggi Niggi Too. I expected much more from this hotel based on there reviews on Trip Advisor. The location was nice and the air conditioning was strong, but didnt make up for the loss of sleep or frustration on poor management. The vews are outstanding, but the hotel needs some work in making there customers happy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just spent 8 days at the diamond resort,boracay was probably the best beach resort I have come across.The hotel itself I found excellent,large clean rooms,idyllic location,staff very friendly and helpfull plus for the early night a 47 inch TV on the wall.Jemma the manager couldn't have been more helpfull and I for one will definitely return.

Room Tip: Avoid room 204 if you want an early night,entertainment underneath it till 1030.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Quite friendly hotel, rooms are spacious, clean and RIGHT ON THE BEACH. It's right next door to all the nightlife on station 1, so if you like to party it's the perfect spot. If you don't like to party, you'd better be ready to "participate" anyway. ^_^ pros: stylish and large rooms, great spot on the beach with superb views from the room, midst of the party area. Cons: noisy, and they tried to charge us upon checkout with old henna stains on the sheets (we sorted out the situation thanks god).

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1,423 helpful votes 1,423 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

No wind breaks anymore as indicated by the previous reviewer. Perhaps they were asked to remove these due to a clampdown on such unsightly structures.

We moved from the highly rated Nigi Nigi Too due to construction noise and we couldn't be happier with our choice. With their 45 per cent off December promo it worked out cheaper than Nigi Nigi Too and had views from our balcony much better and so close to the beach that at high tide you could virtually jump into the water. The beach views were also unobstructed.

Staff were a joy and we had many a joke with them. The cleaning team did a fantastic job even folding our clothes etc which wasn't expected of them.

As a new hotel rooms were new modern with quiet and efficient air-conditioning and had 24 hr power after Typhoon Yolanda which some other hotels did not appear to have.

The included breakfast is consumed in the cafe next door was basic but adequate. You can also have breakfast as room service.

Each night there was also entertainment provided on the beach and I was even coaxed to sing one song ;-)

The place is located next door to Obamas at Station 1 and can't be missed as it has a fantastic light display. It also has a fantastic beach in front of the hotel. It's far enough away from the nightclubs but close enough to be a short walk.

If the price was right this hotel would be my first choice in any future stays. My son stayed at Station 3 and very jealous of our great hotel choice.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views but I would choose the 2nd floor!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Diamond Water Edge Resort? Share your experiences!