“Family room is worth it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boracay Coco Huts

and 1 more site!
You added Boracay Coco Huts to your Saves list
Boracay Coco Huts
Station 1 Brgy. Balabag, Boat Station 1 | Caticlan, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #16 of 113 Specialty Lodging in Boracay
Davao City, Philippines
“Family room is worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Booked online thru an agency and got a 10% discount in the room. We got the family room for 5 days, and it was worth it! It looked exactly as it did in the pictures. It was really clean, linens smelled good, and the staff was really accommodating. Ms. Shiela, the front desk, took it to really smoothen out our transfers despite our different arrival times.

PROS:
-3 floors, high ceilings so it was really spacious. It was modern yet still had that cabin vibe going. We love the design and feel of the room. Plus the beds were really big and comfy.
-New towels every day when room was made up.
-Cable tv
-Very near to D'Mall (2 min walk) and beach front resort. As you step down the stairs, it's literally sand already.
-Guests have 10% discount when buying in Army Navy (just below Coco Huts)
-Convenience stores, massage stations and a 24-hr food stall just right outside the hotel
-Open veranda with foldable breakfast chairs and tables
-Mini ref
-24 hr security guard at the front desk

CONS:
-1 bathroom for the whole room (Not a big problem for us, just take turns)
-Poor wifi signal in the upper floors, but still can do.
-No breakfast (Not a problem, since we usually eat out)
-Cooking inside the room is not allowed
-No available kitchenware (utensils and silverware)
-Front desk is from 7am-9pm only

TIP: Strongest wifi signal is on the second floor, right by the water dispenser.

This place is ideal for those who don't particularly need hotel amenities like a spa, swimming pool or restaurant. It's also perfect for those who want to be near the centre, but still want their privacy and silence. Cost-wise, it came back really cheap in our group of 7. Despite it being in Station 1.

All-around, highly recommended! Will stay here the next time I'll be in Boracay :)

Room Tip: Family room has a good seaview from the veranda. Wifi is stronger on the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

First of all, they have amazing service. We got there very early in the morning and check in was not until 2pm. We were exhausted and our baby was getting cranky and needed to rest. They then provided our family a room to stay in for the mean time while they are preparing the family room we booked. That was really nice of them because we had no idea where to go while waiting for 2pm.

We stayed in their family room which was amazing. I had high expectations for this place because of the picture. After our stay, I must say it exceeded my expectations. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room itself is just the best I've ever stayed in. The satisfaction we felt after the stay paid off. I kind of felt like the value of our stay was more than what we paid for. It was the best experience with hotel stay, we almost didn't want to go out because the room itself was nice and very cozy.

The multi-level loft design is brilliant! It provides a little privacy to each family members staying in different levels of the "room." It's really spacious and beautifully designed (modern+native). We traveled with my whole family including my sister's family (husband and baby). They stayed on the 1st floor which was great because it had a sliding door that closes the entrance to the stairs going to the other floors preventing the baby to go up the stairs and also keep his early morning cries to the 1st floor, when everyone is still asleep. It also helps my sister fulfill her motherly duties in private like changing diapers, breastfeeding and putting him to sleep with that door closed while still having the option to mingle with us after that. There's also a veranda which overlooks the beach and is the best to hang out in at night just listening to the waves.

I don't usually write reviews but I thought this place really deserved it. If you are looking to stay here, you will fall in love with the place like we did. Location was good, service was great and the value is unbelievable. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: If you are a group, this place's family room is your best bet. Top floor and that random bed bet...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

stayed in this hotel for 3 days and we're very satisfied.. We booked 2 family rooms, which were perfect for our group of 19 (you read it right, we we're 19 -- 14 adults and 5 kids) plus 2 infants.. Since the room is spacious, we even got 1 bed each except for the infants and our own towels as well.. Although my nephew often complained that her bed got sands coming from the top area (my sister is like sweeping the top floor every time she came back to the room!).. I just wish that the family room got 2 bathrooms instead of 1.. The room has TV (although it got bad reception), mini ref, safe (broken ata), a veranda which instantly became our "sampayan" of our wet clothes.. Overall, it's great! Nice location, affordable price.. The staffs are friendly, and accommodating.. We'll definitely stay here the next time we go to boracay..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel twice and I always left feeling satisfied! Loved the interior of their family room! It is a loft with mini staircases in between each floor. It has a veranda overlooking the beach where you can dry wet clothes and even have a table set-up for lunch/dinner :) my family decided to dine-in one night so we bought food outside and ate at the veranda, smelling the ocean breeze.

Good thing they placed a door now at their restroom because during my first stay, they only used a curtain to separate the restroom from the main bedroom. (Awkward!)

I could have given 5 stars if only the sand from the top floors did not fall on the bed of the main bedroom. My parents complained of having sand on their beds everytime. But then, it was manageable and we still loved it anyway. :)

**People are friendly and they offer a 10% discount with Army Navy too! (It's just below the hotel)
**Their standard room is comfortable too. It also has a mini veranda where you can dry clothes
**mid-range price. Got a promo since it's off-peak. Promo price we got was 4k. Peak price during our first stay was 7k. :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We booked a family room which was perfect for our group of 6. The place was aesthetically pleasant, we loved the multi-level design of the room as well as the wood-on-white combo. The space is also big enough for 6 (or even more) and we didn't feel cramped at all during our whole stay, what with all our luggage and all. It has a queen bed downstairs, and 4 single beds upstairs. It has a mini ref, LCD tv, two perfectly working A/Cs, safe, towels, soaps and tissues. The towels and tissues are replaced everyday if you call housekeeping. There's a hot and cold water dispenser situated in the hallway.

The staff are very pleasant, and there is always somebody around even if we go back to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning.

The best part of this hotel is the LOCATION. It is beachfront, and our room has a balcony which has a perfect view of the blue-green waters of the white beach. The balcony also has tables and chairs, however it had been raining when we were there so we never got to use it. It also has these wooden ladders, which is perfect for drying out our wet swimsuits/clothes. The hotel is in Station 1 near Station 2, walking distance to DMall, DTalipapa, souvenir shops, restos, bars etc. Its location is what makes it very "sulit"-beachfront accomodation for a fraction of the price.

Without prejudice and with all due respect to the previous reviewer, also for the information of people looking to stay here, although I agree that the penalties for stained towels and sheets are exorbitant, I think they are only referring to stains made by henna tattoos, or those that are very, very hard to remove. The hotel I stayed at last year also has the same policy. I accidentally stained my towel with lipstick, and a friend spilled (a few drops of) sauce on the bedsheet but we were not charged. I'm not saying people should go ahead and spill whatever on their sheets (we really didn't mean to stain it haha) but I think they just imposed that policy specifically for those who stain their towels with henna tattoos. (but still, just be careful to be sure!)

A few points for improvement/very minor inconveniences: Since the flooring of the second level is wood, sometimes sand (which was brought up by my friends' slippers) would fall down our bed on the first level, which is why the bed is perpetually sandy. Maybe the management could put up some sort of a canopy or something so it won't fall on the bed. Next - the CR. For a huge family room that could accommodate six or more, it would have been better if there are two bathrooms. But then again, that is just a minor inconvenience and it didn't bother us much.

My friends all loved the place and we will definitely stay here again the next time we go back to Boracay. :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed in this sort of hotel last April. I chose this hotel for our second trip to Boracay because of the location. It is just right in front of the beach and there is an Army Navy restaurant right at the entrance of the hotel so it is very convenient to get something to eat in case you get hungry plus you get a 10% discount if you are a guest of the hotel. All you have to do is present your room key.

The room is average, just enough for two persons. There is a small veranda with a small wooden table and chairs where you can have your food or coffee al fresco. The room also has a small safe though it was labelled out of order when we are there, a small LCD TV and small refrigerator.

As I have said the best thing about this hotel is the location as you are very near to almost everything you need such as the beach, restaurants, convenience stores, money changer and souvenir shops. However all of the above positives that I mentioned were outweighed by their ridiculous policy on staining their towels, pillows and bed sheets. Let me clear it, we were never charged of the ridiculous penalty because we have been very careful not to stain any of their things inside the room.

When you enter the room the first thing you will notice are the laminated cards on top of each bed printed with the HUGE amount of the OUT OF THIS WORLD penalties you have to pay for staining their old towels and linens which in total is even higher than the room charge. This really made us very uncomfortable that we decided to buy additional towels aside from the ones that we brought with us so that we don’t get to use their towels anymore. You really have to be very careful because you might end up paying for something you never did same as what nearly happened to one of the reviewers here. The first thing I did upon reading their notice card was to inspect each and every bed sheet and towel. Voila, I found 3 neatly rolled unused towels (including the face towels) and 2 bed sheets with stains. I took photos of the stains and showed it to the receptionist who went to change the stained bed sheets and towels. She also explained that the stains could have been missed by their laundry service. I asked myself; what if I did not checked the towels and the bed sheets for stains? I could have ended paying a lot of money for those stains.

Aside from the stain issue the bed is also not very comfortable. As a couple of course we want to sleep in one bed. So we have to join 2 beds. However the beds are too light that they keep on separating so we ended up using only one single bed so we can cuddle, not very good especially for honeymooners.

In our second night we were awakened by loud noise by drunk men at the hallway and the awful thing is there is no hotel staff to complain to or to talk to those rowdy intoxicated guests.

Aside from the location there is really nothing in this hotel that other hotels could not offer much better. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone at all. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manama, Bahrain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is by the beach with a balcony. If you have a big family this is the right place. The service was ok. There were no lights in the balcony coz they were out of bulbs. Instead they gave us candles to use. The ac unit was leaking but they fixed it. Other than that everything was ok.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Boracay Coco Huts? Share your experiences!