“Bride was electrocuted” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Waling Waling Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Waling Waling Beach Hotel
Save Saved
You added Waling Waling Beach Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Balabag, White Beach, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #72 of 132 hotels in Boracay
philippines
“Bride was electrocuted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed there for a wedding last week and the bride got electrocuted with an open wire they had in the beach area, it was a horrible experience, due to my disgust, i moved out and moved to another hotel. they weren't even sorry about what happened. that is their place and they should have done so much more to make up for it. i don't think i would ever forget this experience. i would never ever come back to this resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Booked 5 nights at this hotel in October 2012. I'm a seasoned traveller and this is the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel. The management has no respect for the guests.

First lesson - this hotel is not 5 stars, not even close, more like 3 star at best.

Second lesson - the 'no view' room has no windows so be wary if booking it. We were lucky enough to be upgraded for a small fee.

Third lesson - the hotel is regularly booked for weddings and given the small boutique nature of the place this is a major issue for the peace and comfort of guests. When we stayed, there were 2 consecutive weddings on the Friday and Saturday. Guests get moved aside on the beach for the wedding set up and attendees. The hotel allows the wedding party to continue late into the night with loud music and boisterous drunk behavior. Our room adjoined the open pool area of which the hotel allowed a band to play. We couldn't believe it, it was midnight and immediately outside our room was a band playing and loud oblivious wedding guests. The band might as well have been playing in our room! Maybe I'd expect this staying at a pub in Amsterdam, but not a $250 plus per night hotel!! It was truly disgraceful and the worst hotel experience I've ever encountered.

DO NOT STAY HERE this place needs to go out of business quickly!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I love the architectural designs of the resort and the arrangement of furniture. It has an overlooking view of the beach from the game room. The staff are kind and friendly which made our stay feels comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

It was the first time my family went to Boracay
The resort was perfect except for the price it was quiet expensive but other from that everything was gr8- the staff was lovely- the food was gorgeous especially the breackfast buffet and the mango pancake was to diefore in my opinion. The room I had had a beautiful view of the beach but I would recommend more towels.

I would recommend people to go here because it's lovely

• Stayed June 2012
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Estacio Uno staff greeted us at Caticlan Airport and from a private port we took their banca to the Resort which was both modern, classic.. and clean! I noticed the reception staff wore beautiful white tailored dresses and the rest of the staff were equally well dressed. We were given key cards to our Executive Suite Room. It was spacious with a view of the beach by day and fire dance performers by night. I recommend staying in the 3rd floor rooms. The bathroom was nice, except the "semi see-thru partition" used for the toilet did not provide privacy... It was easy to order room service from their Restaurant, the complimentary breakfast buffet was better on the 2nd day than the 1st.. I recommend booking an outdoor cabana and enjoying happy hour with a view of the sand, sea and sunset.. This Resort has a great location, welcoming staff and tasteful design. It is worth a visit!

Room Tip: 3rd floor Room 305 has great view of the beach by day and live performances by night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Estacio Uno (formally Waling Waling) for 4 nights as part of a large group who were on Boracay to attend a wedding.

When my boyfriend and I arrived at the hotel, the front desk agent, Angel, was very cold and unwelcoming. She greeted us with a grimace, and gave us the key (yes, only one key is available) to our room. After traveling for 7 hours, all we wanted to do was shower and relax. When we reached our room, the air conditioning didn't work. We also quickly realized that the room we were given was not the Deluxe room we reserved and paid in full. When we came back to the front desk to call out that Angel gave us the wrong room, Angel mentioned that they had mistakenly given our room to another guest. We asked for a refund, to which Angel mentioned was "impossible". After several calls to her manager, Angel offered us 2 complimentary massages, a standard room for the night, and a transfer to the correct room the next day.

My bf decided he did not want his complimentary massage, so I decided to convert his credit to a mani-pedi (they're the same price). I set-up my massage appointment, asked the front desk if I could have the mani-pedi instead of the second massage, to which the front desk staff agreed. Angel was also present, as she noted that I was offered the complimentary services. When my mani-pedi was done, the technician asked for payment. When I mentioned that it was complimentary, and Angel and the front desk staff provided this. Angel then approached me to tell me that I had to pay! After 10 min of arguing with her, and reminding her that I was offered the complimentary services because I could not receive a refund for their screw-up over the first night, she backed down. What TERRIBLE service!!!

The standard room is ok. A bit cramped for 2 people. The bwthroom does not have a door. The Superior room is well worth the extra money for the larger space, updated bathroom, and balcony. The toilet/shower area are behind glass that is not opaque, and felt awkward to use when there are other people in the room.

There are some good things to say about the hotel:
The location is great! It's walking distance to all the craziness along White Sands Beach, but far enough that you can't hear the noise.
The lobby, dining area, pool, and cabana are gorgeous!
The breakfast buffet included with our stay was delicious.
The dining staff was very nice and helpful.
WI-FI was available in our room, though very weak.

I will likely not stay at Estacio Uno on my next stay on Boracay, based on the negative interaction I had with Angel. She needs to be fired or re-trained on proper guest service!

Stayed March 2012
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

now known as Estacio Uno..

very accommodating staff! clean rooms and good food. just a bit pricey but it's worth the stay!
won't have second thoughts of going back in this hotel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Waling Waling Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!