“I feel like I'm in my home.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Waling Waling Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Waling Waling Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Balabag, White Beach, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #76 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
“I feel like I'm in my home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I love the architectural designs of the resort and the arrangement of furniture. It has an overlooking view of the beach from the game room. The staff are kind and friendly which made our stay feels comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

It was the first time my family went to Boracay
The resort was perfect except for the price it was quiet expensive but other from that everything was gr8- the staff was lovely- the food was gorgeous especially the breackfast buffet and the mango pancake was to diefore in my opinion. The room I had had a beautiful view of the beach but I would recommend more towels.

I would recommend people to go here because it's lovely

• Stayed June 2012
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Estacio Uno staff greeted us at Caticlan Airport and from a private port we took their banca to the Resort which was both modern, classic.. and clean! I noticed the reception staff wore beautiful white tailored dresses and the rest of the staff were equally well dressed. We were given key cards to our Executive Suite Room. It was spacious with a view of the beach by day and fire dance performers by night. I recommend staying in the 3rd floor rooms. The bathroom was nice, except the "semi see-thru partition" used for the toilet did not provide privacy... It was easy to order room service from their Restaurant, the complimentary breakfast buffet was better on the 2nd day than the 1st.. I recommend booking an outdoor cabana and enjoying happy hour with a view of the sand, sea and sunset.. This Resort has a great location, welcoming staff and tasteful design. It is worth a visit!

Room Tip: 3rd floor Room 305 has great view of the beach by day and live performances by night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Estacio Uno (formally Waling Waling) for 4 nights as part of a large group who were on Boracay to attend a wedding.

When my boyfriend and I arrived at the hotel, the front desk agent, Angel, was very cold and unwelcoming. She greeted us with a grimace, and gave us the key (yes, only one key is available) to our room. After traveling for 7 hours, all we wanted to do was shower and relax. When we reached our room, the air conditioning didn't work. We also quickly realized that the room we were given was not the Deluxe room we reserved and paid in full. When we came back to the front desk to call out that Angel gave us the wrong room, Angel mentioned that they had mistakenly given our room to another guest. We asked for a refund, to which Angel mentioned was "impossible". After several calls to her manager, Angel offered us 2 complimentary massages, a standard room for the night, and a transfer to the correct room the next day.

My bf decided he did not want his complimentary massage, so I decided to convert his credit to a mani-pedi (they're the same price). I set-up my massage appointment, asked the front desk if I could have the mani-pedi instead of the second massage, to which the front desk staff agreed. Angel was also present, as she noted that I was offered the complimentary services. When my mani-pedi was done, the technician asked for payment. When I mentioned that it was complimentary, and Angel and the front desk staff provided this. Angel then approached me to tell me that I had to pay! After 10 min of arguing with her, and reminding her that I was offered the complimentary services because I could not receive a refund for their screw-up over the first night, she backed down. What TERRIBLE service!!!

The standard room is ok. A bit cramped for 2 people. The bwthroom does not have a door. The Superior room is well worth the extra money for the larger space, updated bathroom, and balcony. The toilet/shower area are behind glass that is not opaque, and felt awkward to use when there are other people in the room.

There are some good things to say about the hotel:
The location is great! It's walking distance to all the craziness along White Sands Beach, but far enough that you can't hear the noise.
The lobby, dining area, pool, and cabana are gorgeous!
The breakfast buffet included with our stay was delicious.
The dining staff was very nice and helpful.
WI-FI was available in our room, though very weak.

I will likely not stay at Estacio Uno on my next stay on Boracay, based on the negative interaction I had with Angel. She needs to be fired or re-trained on proper guest service!

Stayed March 2012
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

now known as Estacio Uno..

very accommodating staff! clean rooms and good food. just a bit pricey but it's worth the stay!
won't have second thoughts of going back in this hotel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed at Estacia Uno for 4 nights in November, during which time we had to move to a different room each night as the hotel was busy, which was a bit of a pain. The rooms are very clean and of a good standard. The staff are friendly and attentive, and they have a good system of booking their cabanas so that everyone staying at the hotel gets to enjoy them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Estacio uno, as it is called now is a really nice hotel. We were here for my friend's wedding and got a good deal as they had 30%off due to the renovation going on. The room's were spacious and can accommodate 4. The deck view is divine! We preferred being in the2nd floor because the poolside rooms were very near the bar which can be noisy. Being in station 1, we enjoyed the quiet beach.

Will definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Waling Waling Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!