“Vacationer BEWARE!” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Balabag, White Beach, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #77 of 132 Hotels in Boracay
“Vacationer BEWARE!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Estacio Uno (formally Waling Waling) for 4 nights as part of a large group who were on Boracay to attend a wedding.

When my boyfriend and I arrived at the hotel, the front desk agent, Angel, was very cold and unwelcoming. She greeted us with a grimace, and gave us the key (yes, only one key is available) to our room. After traveling for 7 hours, all we wanted to do was shower and relax. When we reached our room, the air conditioning didn't work. We also quickly realized that the room we were given was not the Deluxe room we reserved and paid in full. When we came back to the front desk to call out that Angel gave us the wrong room, Angel mentioned that they had mistakenly given our room to another guest. We asked for a refund, to which Angel mentioned was "impossible". After several calls to her manager, Angel offered us 2 complimentary massages, a standard room for the night, and a transfer to the correct room the next day.

My bf decided he did not want his complimentary massage, so I decided to convert his credit to a mani-pedi (they're the same price). I set-up my massage appointment, asked the front desk if I could have the mani-pedi instead of the second massage, to which the front desk staff agreed. Angel was also present, as she noted that I was offered the complimentary services. When my mani-pedi was done, the technician asked for payment. When I mentioned that it was complimentary, and Angel and the front desk staff provided this. Angel then approached me to tell me that I had to pay! After 10 min of arguing with her, and reminding her that I was offered the complimentary services because I could not receive a refund for their screw-up over the first night, she backed down. What TERRIBLE service!!!

The standard room is ok. A bit cramped for 2 people. The bwthroom does not have a door. The Superior room is well worth the extra money for the larger space, updated bathroom, and balcony. The toilet/shower area are behind glass that is not opaque, and felt awkward to use when there are other people in the room.

There are some good things to say about the hotel:
The location is great! It's walking distance to all the craziness along White Sands Beach, but far enough that you can't hear the noise.
The lobby, dining area, pool, and cabana are gorgeous!
The breakfast buffet included with our stay was delicious.
The dining staff was very nice and helpful.
WI-FI was available in our room, though very weak.

I will likely not stay at Estacio Uno on my next stay on Boracay, based on the negative interaction I had with Angel. She needs to be fired or re-trained on proper guest service!

Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

now known as Estacio Uno..

very accommodating staff! clean rooms and good food. just a bit pricey but it's worth the stay!
won't have second thoughts of going back in this hotel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed at Estacia Uno for 4 nights in November, during which time we had to move to a different room each night as the hotel was busy, which was a bit of a pain. The rooms are very clean and of a good standard. The staff are friendly and attentive, and they have a good system of booking their cabanas so that everyone staying at the hotel gets to enjoy them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Estacio uno, as it is called now is a really nice hotel. We were here for my friend's wedding and got a good deal as they had 30%off due to the renovation going on. The room's were spacious and can accommodate 4. The deck view is divine! We preferred being in the2nd floor because the poolside rooms were very near the bar which can be noisy. Being in station 1, we enjoyed the quiet beach.

Will definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011 via mobile

It was the first time my family went to Boracay
The resort was perfect except for the price it was quiet expensive but other from that everything was gr8- the staff was lovely- the food was gorgeous especially the breackfast buffet and the mango pancake was to diefore in my opinion. The room I had had a beautiful view of the beach but I would recommend more towels.

I would recommend people to go here because it's lovely

• Stayed June 2011
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

6 of us stayed at the 2 presidential suites and 1 poolside deluxe room.
this place is excellent. quiet beach front and with cabanas is where we spent our nights there drinking SML.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I was so upset at first as they over booked the hotel and my booking of the deluxe executive room was given to someone else. So instead they upgraded us to a deluxe pool access room. I had a feeling that this was going to happen to me due to previous reviews I've read and I was so fired up that it happen to me as I was looking forward to the balcony over looking the beach but most of all that my kids wont have a double bed to sleep on and they instead had to share a single bed. Management neglected to take the ownership and instead tried to put the blame on me for not specifically asking upon booking for 2 double bed which I said I did. Hotel voucher clearly states twin occupancy as well. So after 30 minutes of trying to argue my point I ended giving up as they were fully booked so I know it was a waste of breath.

In the long run, my hubby and 2 kids loved our room. It was easier access to the pool and no need of going up and down the stairs as it was ground floor.

Few things to impove/need:
* Clock
* Towel/wet clothes rack.
* Shower area - so that the water doesnt splash everywhere
* Need new towels
* Blinds are nice and trendy but its too thin so I get woken up so early in the morning by the sun.

Location is perfect with only 10 minutes walk to the Dmall. Hubby and I stayed at this hotel 8 years ago when it was still waling waling and we loved it then due to location and ambience, hence us booking again. But when I seen it being newly renovated and sooo modernised I was more attracted.

Buffet breakfast was fantastic! Loved the filipino and western dishes. Loves the egg statio.

Staff are so good! Cannot ask for more.

King beds are supersized King Bed! It's very firm...

Cleaning - done daily and really good job. Cleaner even tidy up all your belongings.. I feel really safe and can trust that nothing goes missing.

Cabanas can be rented 3hrs daily (free).. so good because can just watch the kids from there and relax.

Complimentary massage is the best! So worth it! Manicure and Pedicure is P450.

I love the Wifi- it's so good. It even works full strength bar in our room!

Well we leave tomorrow and its sad but hoping to be back in 2 years again to renew our vows! I will definately be recommending Estacio Uno!!

Room Tip: Give your tip at the last day or your trip so that you are giving it to who really deserve it.