“*Awesome Play*” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waling Waling Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Waling Waling Beach Hotel
Save Saved
You added Waling Waling Beach Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Balabag, White Beach, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #72 of 132 Hotels in Boracay
“*Awesome Play*”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011 via mobile

It was the first time my family went to Boracay
The resort was perfect except for the price it was quiet expensive but other from that everything was gr8- the staff was lovely- the food was gorgeous especially the breackfast buffet and the mango pancake was to diefore in my opinion. The room I had had a beautiful view of the beach but I would recommend more towels.

I would recommend people to go here because it's lovely

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

6 of us stayed at the 2 presidential suites and 1 poolside deluxe room.
this place is excellent. quiet beach front and with cabanas is where we spent our nights there drinking SML.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I was so upset at first as they over booked the hotel and my booking of the deluxe executive room was given to someone else. So instead they upgraded us to a deluxe pool access room. I had a feeling that this was going to happen to me due to previous reviews I've read and I was so fired up that it happen to me as I was looking forward to the balcony over looking the beach but most of all that my kids wont have a double bed to sleep on and they instead had to share a single bed. Management neglected to take the ownership and instead tried to put the blame on me for not specifically asking upon booking for 2 double bed which I said I did. Hotel voucher clearly states twin occupancy as well. So after 30 minutes of trying to argue my point I ended giving up as they were fully booked so I know it was a waste of breath.

In the long run, my hubby and 2 kids loved our room. It was easier access to the pool and no need of going up and down the stairs as it was ground floor.

Few things to impove/need:
* Clock
* Towel/wet clothes rack.
* Shower area - so that the water doesnt splash everywhere
* Need new towels
* Blinds are nice and trendy but its too thin so I get woken up so early in the morning by the sun.

Location is perfect with only 10 minutes walk to the Dmall. Hubby and I stayed at this hotel 8 years ago when it was still waling waling and we loved it then due to location and ambience, hence us booking again. But when I seen it being newly renovated and sooo modernised I was more attracted.

Buffet breakfast was fantastic! Loved the filipino and western dishes. Loves the egg statio.

Staff are so good! Cannot ask for more.

King beds are supersized King Bed! It's very firm...

Cleaning - done daily and really good job. Cleaner even tidy up all your belongings.. I feel really safe and can trust that nothing goes missing.

Cabanas can be rented 3hrs daily (free).. so good because can just watch the kids from there and relax.

Complimentary massage is the best! So worth it! Manicure and Pedicure is P450.

I love the Wifi- it's so good. It even works full strength bar in our room!

Well we leave tomorrow and its sad but hoping to be back in 2 years again to renew our vows! I will definately be recommending Estacio Uno!!

Room Tip: Give your tip at the last day or your trip so that you are giving it to who really deserve it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Me and my family stayed in this hotel last year in Premiere Suite and deluxe room. The room was excellent and because we are staying for three nights they gave us discount which is worth it. The service of the staff was amazing they even watched the kids everytime we're in the Cabanas. The food is totally delicious especially the chicken adobo with coconut milk a bit pricey but it's fair enough because of their location. My kids loved the pool i can also watch them while sitting in Cabanas.. The location right in front of the beach and the water is very clear not like in station 2 there's a lot of rock.I will definitely go back to this place again. Even my sister doesnt want to try different hotel as this place totally exceed our expectation.

Room Tip: If you want an excellent,quite place and also a great service this Hotel is great. The premiere room...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

My family stayed at the Waling Waling 3 times before their renovations. Since then we found a place on the other end of White beach at station 3. I'm not sure if I love the renovations. I'm sure it was done to keep up with the other resorts. I just LOVED the old Waling...it had a homey feel with the awesome cabanas out front (they still have them but are different).

But since I've been to Boracay 5 times in all, I definitely prefer station 1 to any other spot mainly cuz the beach is perfect for young kids. There's a wide area that's flat where kids can play! If we were to go back to Boracay (hopefully someday in the future!), I would find a place on station 1.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

this resort has already changed name, its now estacio uno, lacated at station 1 in boracay. if you want peace and quite place, this is the place to go, far from the crowded station 2 and 3, specially the beach.property is beachfront, our room was with pool access, so from the beach we can go derictly to the poll and to our room. room is spacious.clean sheets and towels daily. staff are nice and very accommodating. breakfast buffet is a bit disappointing, it has very little selections. but there are so many bar and restaurant nearby. overall stay was pleasant.

Room Tip: choose room with pool access
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I wanted the best beach strip available without the maddening Boracay crowd. Shangri-la and Discovery Suites were outside of our budget; Estacio Uno (formerly Waling Waling) seemed like a safe choice. We knew from the start that this was a resort in transition: new management, lots of ongoing renovation, etc. so past reviews of the resort didn't scare us away.

Location - perfect. Best beach front location we've stayed in so far.

Room - they bumped us up to a Premier Suite without us even asking for it so that was a pleasant surprise! Huge room with a nice beach view (see the pictures). We got one of the old, original Waling Waling rooms.

Amenities - the pool was meh. The floors were dirty with all the room renovations going on. They were also doing the landscaping of the cabana area so twas not a pretty sight.

Food - Ours came with the breakfast package. Nothing special. I had one of the waiters buy items for us from the local market and had them cook it during our 2nd night there. Resort chefs were more than willing to cater to our requests.

Service - they're no Amanpulo, but I love the fact that most of the staff we met tried to please us. From bending the menu to making sure our baby had all she needed (cribs, extra pillows at the restaurant, play time, etc.), the people were genuinely interested in helping us enjoy our stay. Special shout out to Anton at the restaurant for setting up our 3rd anniversary dinner in one of the cabanas.

We would like to visit again and see the resort with all renovations completed and during peak season to see if they can deliver (or exceed) the same level of service with more guests (hotel probably had 7-10 groups of varying size during our stay).

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for the rooms that have pool access..
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Waling Waling Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!