“Great holiday!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Friday's Boracay

You added Friday's Boracay to your Saves list
Friday's Boracay
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Station 1 | Boracay Island, Malay, 5608 Aklan, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Special Rate
Room Only Promo
Ranked #37 of 139 Hotels in Boracay
Moscow, Russia
“Great holiday!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

First of all, this hotel is really very good: very nice rooms, good service, beautiful hotel area and wonderful white beach. I do think that the hotel is situated in the best part of the beach. Breakfast is also quite good and various.
But there are some things that I would like to add in the hotel. The lack of these things do not spoil the impression but with them the hotel would be more perfect. Maybe if i write this the hotel management will listen to my advice. First of all, there is only one mirrow in the room (in bathroom) and it is really not enough, there should be one more in the bedroom. The wardrobe is also situated in bathroom and it is really small for two people. Then, on the beach there are a lot of algae. Hote personel put them away from the beach one or two times in a day, but there are a lot of them in the not deep water. It would be better to put them away too. And the last one, it would be really cool if there is a chin-up bar on the beach.
But however - and I want to emphasize this - Fridays hotel is a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Friday's Boracay. it is the hotel I always frequent with my wife when we go to Boracay. It is a perfect place for a get-away from the noise and pollution of city life. The staff is very hospitable and service is efficient. The rooms are nice and very native which I think blends well with the character of the place. I just think that the rooms need to be refurbished to make it consistent with the 5 star status of the hotel. The food is delicious and they come in big servings. Overall, despite the stiff rates of the hotel, I will strongly recommend it to my friends who want to have a quiet and enjoyable holiday in the beautiful island of Boracay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Best on the beach!
Jojo an AG are the best beach-waiter you could find, high level of intelligent service!

We did not actually stay at the resort but hang out on their beach and ate at their restaurant which probably are top three on the island -the European chef that was there at the time is both good and service-minded at a high level.

• Stayed March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first visit to Boracay, and one of my traveling companions chose Friday's. This is a first class property, safe and secure, spacious and comfortable rooms, ideal location for a more laid-back vacation, a decent restaurant, but for the high price I felt that a few minor details were neglected. Only one room key was issued; that means friends can't split up without coordinating to get back into the room. My room was large, with windows on 3 sides, but it could have used a low table or something to place my suitcase on; instead I had to put it on the floor when I was rummaging through it. A minor detail, but that's what you pay the big bucks for. The room safe was a metal box that was not anchored to anything. There was plenty of hot water in the shower (even 3 floors up), but the shower head was not adjustable. Bugs are persistant (unwanted) visitors; while the staff was attentive and helpful when notified, gaps in the door and windows left opportunites for ants and a tiny scorpion to make their way into my room, and the mosquito netting over the bed was not just for decoration.

Don't misinterpret, Friday's is beautiful, spacious, secluded, convenient with a very attentive staff. The property is adjacent to a large and gorgeous beach, amply supplied with comfortable, shaded loungers. I did not avail myself of the service, but spa treatments and massage were offered at reasonable rates. There is a helpful activities shop on site, and a lovely pool. Breakfast was good, and the dinner buffet with traditional folk dance was a bit pricey, but the food was excellent both in variety and quality, and the dancers were entertaining. A great honeymoon hotel, a bit separated from the crazy nightlife at Station 2, but close enough to walk (at least at low tide).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place was recommended to us by friends and we were so right to follow their advice. Had a wonderful stay with 2 kids (4 & 7yo).

Plenty of activities to do for families and couples. Absolutely amazing staff, From transfer boy, to front desk ladies and waiters and housekeepers. Special mention to their new chef Luciano who is as great with kids as he is mastering his kitchen.

What we loved
Location (quiet) yet not far from night life if you want to
Beautiful ensemble of cottages literally on the white sand beach
The staff (all of them)

What we thought could be improved
Breakfast service a bit slow indeed, maybe a breakfast buffet would do it better
That's it... Can't think of anything else significant...

If what you need is a place where you leave your worries and shoes at the doorstep for your entire stay, think no longer, this it the one.

Enjoy

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at Fridays. We had one of the rooms just off the beach which was perfect. The beach was beautiful and we spent most our time there. The service was a bit slow at breakfast, but the waiters and manager did what they could to keep things going. Food was good and hot when it was served and we had a great view so I can't really complain. The buffet dinners were priced too high so we chose to eat out each night, the food did look good though. Would have been nice if we were given the option to order off the menu if we wanted. Overall a great vacation and I would recommend Fridays to others.

• Stayed February 2013
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been to Boracay Island several times and each time, I always try a new hotel. So 2 months ago, it's Friday's, and yes, this is, I think, the best spot in the long stretch of white beach. Wide powdery sand in front of the resort, with many beach benches to relax on.....just your perfect holiday.

The rooms are very nice as well, the concept is a traditional Filipino dwelling, but with a modern touch. We stayed in a deluxe room and it is just perfect, very near the beach and the resort restaurant and front-desk. The more expensive rooms are on top level of the resort, which, they say, have the best view of the white beach. But personally, I prefer our room because I'm not so fond of climbing the stairs going to the elevated level of the resort. It is closer to the main road, 'though. I only wish the staff were more accommodating. I mean, they were helpful enough, it's just that you have to call their attention first before they respond. (I guess I am just used to hotel staff who are sensitive to their guests needs, but not intrusive).

Breakfast is a set menu. For 2 mornings we were there, I ordered the typical Filipino breakfast, which (sorry, but being a kitchen person myself, I have to write this) needs a lot of improvement. Anyway, you haven't heard me complain, because the staff in the restaurant were friendly enough. But I think it's only the Filipino set, because the other sets look yummy.

Overall, the experience was very good and definitely worth going back to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends