“Great Vacation & Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Boracay Regency Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2 Balabag, Aklan Province 2004, Philippines   |
Ranked #38 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
Seattle
“Great Vacation & Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

We searched many of the hotels in the area and also viewed them once we arrived here. This hotel is a large scale hotel compared to others in the area so if you are looking for a boutique, small feel, this isn't it. I traveled with friends with 3 kids and we chose this hotel for family friendliness, value, and the aesthetics. The hotel is right on the beach and offers that option (complete with beach service) or the option of 3 pools (kid friendly included).
My room was clean and tidy although it looked like the wood in the bathroom needed some repair. I had an inside corridor room and it was actually a bit dark. I think I'd spring for the next level up in room type to get a private veranda. There's more light but my friends who had that room also got more late night beach party noise.
I'd recommend this hotel but if I come again I might choose a hotel that is more of a boutique option just to have that smaller scale vibe.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

This is our second time back in 2 years to this hotel and was disappointed straight away. First, they got the room type incorrect as we checked in. Then they got my sister in laws incorrect too. So, first impressions, already not a good start.
Once all the rooms got sorted out, the hotel experience was great.
Room service was prompt, the rooms were clean, location is perfect, restaurant food is ok but I dont thinks it is great value. There are lots of food options outside the hotel so that is were I suggest people venture out.
There are 2 areas that I believe they can improve on.

1. Check out process - it is annoying when you check out that someone from housekeeping inspects the room to ensure that you have not taken anything from the room?? What is with that? Its not a good message to be giving to your loyal clientele who is there waiting at the lobby to check out only to wait for someone in housekeeping to complete their inspection. This did not happen 2 years ago.

2. Got charged for a glass ? . We dropped a glass by accident and upon check out got a surprise charge for the glass..!!!The hotel is in the upper market in terms of room rates, I dont believe a client should have to pay for a glass.
Its not much, its more about the principle.

Overall, the hotel is still nice but from my opinion the experience has slightly degraded compared to my previous stay here and that is disappointing. So , value for money for I think is slightly tarnished.
I hope they review the 2 areas I mentioned and I will be looking at other hotel options but still happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Mandaluyong, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

We stayed in Boracay Regency on Dec 21-23. The experience is fantastic! We booked 1 family room (6 adults + 1 infant). The location is the best - near D mall and other restaurants. Requesting for extra things (i.e pillow, basin, towel) is very easy. The room is very clean and spacious! It is our first time to experience BORACAY and Boracay Regency exceeds our expectation. We will be back again in BORACAY this year!!
The pools are also clean!!!
PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I stayed at the resort from December 21st - 24th with my family and extended family. It was very clean and the staff was very professional and helpful. The resort really does have the largest beach front property, mainly due to the fact that it's so wide. Beach staff is very helpful with gathering lounge chairs and umbrellas for you, just make sure you obtain a hotel branded beach towel from the poolside or else they won't know you are staying at the hotel.

We had a breakfast buffet included in our package which was definitely worth it. A mix of american and filipino cuisine and restaurant is beach front.

I would highly recommend having the hotel arrange for transportation to and from the airport. There are many "shady" characters once you arrive, so you really don't want to take any chances. The trip include a 5 min hotel van ride to a hotel beach port, then a 15 minutes boat ride, then another 10 minute hotel van ride to the hotel. Resort staff is on hand at all times to assure you and your luggage are transported safely to the hotel.

Most of the restaurants and bars are to the right as you walk out of the hotel. There are some to the left, but are mostly attached to hotels to the prices are slightly higher - still worth a visit while you're there, but you'll most likely be venturing to the other part of the island.

I will definitely be visiting Boracay on my next trip to the Philippines and will be staying at this resort again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
chicago, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this resort on our first trip to Boracay in 2009 not 2010. We picked it because of its proximity to the beach (It is right on it) and the pools.
The resort is one of...if not the largest resorts on the island. They have their own shuttle that usually drops you off right at the hotel, but when we went we had to pile into a van and be shuttled to the hotel.
The staff are friendly and accommodating, the rooms are very nice and large. We were located in the newer section of the hotel and had a nice view of the pool. We had the buffet breakfast every and had no problems.
All in all this hotel is comfortable and relaxing, the pools are nice, the swim up bar is great!
Its a nice hotel and I would recommend this place for a family.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

Prime location, convenient amenities, upscale spa, and the all-too important swim up bar….these were the criteria my husband and I were looking for in a hotel on the Philippine island of Boracay, and found it all at the Boracay Regency Beach Resort.

The hotel was conveniently located at Station 2, where the majority of the popular restaurants, clubs, beach massages, and shopping were. Anywhere we wanted to go to was a short, convenient walk (ie, it passed my high-heels test…I could walk anywhere in heels without my feet getting sore!) The hotel’s amenities were great too. Our M.O. at Boracay was to PARTY, so we wanted a modern hotel with air conditioning and plumbing, so we could recover in comfort LOL (AC and decent toilets are a standard offering at most hotels we’ve been to around the world, but from what we’ve been hearing, not a “given” in the Philippines!)

I personally looked for a hotel with a nice spa as well – not for a massage (which we could get for only $5 US right on the beach), but to rejuvenate after days of being in the sun. The Thai-inspired Kai Spa was beautifully decorated, and the staff was very accommodating. On a wet, rainy morning, my sister-in-law and I enjoyed pampering ourselves at the spa’s whirlpool and sauna, and experienced the most intensive yet relaxing facial (try the Diamond Facial – 90 minutes for only $55 US.)

My husband and I were thrilled when we found out the hotel also had a swim up bar – the only one we found in the area! The bartenders were friendly, changing the background music and making our drinks stiffer when we asked ☺ Also, they served a full menu at the swim up bar as well (we couldn’t get enough of their french fries, fried in coconut oil!) Another perk that we discovered later was the breakfast buffet every morning was included in the resort fee. Every morning after the gym, our group of four enjoyed dining at the restaurant with a beautiful view of the beach (get a seat at the outdoor patio if you can!). They offered something for everyone - Filipino favorites (we all loved their eggs and garlic fried rice) as well as traditional American fare.

With all the advantages of the hotel, there were only a few downers. The staff was friendly, except for those at the Front Desk. They seemed a bit rude and uppity, especially when we tried to get a room with a balcony (that we paid for.) I suggest that before committing to a room, you walk to the room and take a look at it first. We were first placed in a room on the ground floor with no balcony, and had to wait until the next day to move. When we were moved, we did get a balcony, but we also got a view of this dirty, algae-infested pond. Also, before you check out, make sure you don’t take any little thing. The front desk made us wait until we could be officially checked out because they wanted to see if we “stole” anything. They charged us 50 pesos for a facecloth that I wrapped my hot flat iron in!

All-in-all, the Boracay Regency Beach Resort is the only hotel in the area that had it ALL. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

Do stay in a Premier Room (direct swim access to pool) East Wing.
Use Hotel for some meals but also try the local fare. A must is a visit to the Fish Market to buy your fresh seafood and then have it cooked at a cafe close bye.
Use the Hotel Lounges on the Beach.
Make use of the many water activities.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Boracay Regency Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!