“Fantastic Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 135 Hotels in Boracay
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

We went there last Jan 15-17, prior to that I have read a lot of reviews and done my research for months before finally booking with them. I did my booking directly with them through email, I would like to commend the person replying promptly to my tons of questions, I didnt need to wait long for answers and that makes me feel that they do their job very well with lots of concern that I sent with her I was amazed she didnt missed a single reply to me keep it up I am not sure of the name I think its Stephanie. I have prepaid my booking already so with that I was given a 20 percent discount even I didnt ask for it.

Our flight was delayed for an hour so I texted them that there are changes on flight status so they need to re arrange the transfer accordingly as well and indeed they call me to confirm it. We were greeted upon arrival at Caticlan and was escorted to the recieving area and waited for a while for the van going to the private pier and from there we were given a bottled water, during our arrival the sea is bit rough so we used the bigger out rigger boat going to Boracay island and again we were meet by the hotel staff at the port and the van is waiting for us already to fetch us going to the hotel, all in all the transfer is sweep nothing to worry about everything is being taken care of. Upon reaching the hotel I look on the surroundings and it was indeed a big hotel and its clean, I do hesitate at the start to come inside since I have a lot of sands in my foot but since guest are just simply goes in and out I just did the same and I wonder how they keep the area clean good house keeping then.

With the check in procedure for me they need to improve this since I was third in line for check in and it took me 20 minutes standing in the line and it was not that crowded during our time I just wish they do checking in with an instant. Since we arrived late and the room will be availabe at 2pm we opt to wait on the lobby before going out, oh by the way you can only have the welcome drinks upon completing the check in and getting the stab would it be nice to offer it upon arrival while waiting in line. While waiting for 2pm I decided to try thhe Wifi service I tried to connect but there is a user name and password required so I asked the front desk for it but to my surprise its not free and I have to purchase an access card for 150 per hour or 500 pesos fo a 24 hour access which I found it over price and not suitable since its a very big hotel and other hotels offers Wifi for free, how much bandwith only it will cost for them since guests are always out.

The room we had is Premier room with pool access, its spacious, ample amount of toiletries, hot and cold shower, no problem with water pressure,they do have a bath tub, bath robe are provided for 2, umbrellas are available on your room, safety deposit box big enough for a 14 inch laptop, a flat screen tv, fridge, and a super quiet split type aircon, even we are just 2 the room has a single bed and a queen size one, the bed are ok as well as the pillows, they do offer a complimentary bottled water everyday for 2 and if you wish to have hot beverage in your room they have an electric kettle and offers a complimentary instant coffee,tea and chocolate drinks.

When going out to the beach they provide towels which you can use and bring every where all you have to do is return it after wards on the same place where you borrowed it. Problems with hawkers are handled by the security guards on the beach and they are not that annoying just say no and they will leave you other wise the guard will approach them. They do also offer now water activities with discounts for in house guests, but I do manage to find a cheaper alternatives with our sacrificing safety and the people I get serve as our tour guide as well.

With the food we took the breakfast and dinner package only since we are out during lunch doing island hopping, during our first night for dinner (Jan 15) I would like to commend the team on that shift they are very attentive and looks well for the customers need and that an exceptional customer service. With other issues about the food they do add or change the menus during our stay, one thing I just noticed is that on the desert station there is problem regarding flies since there is no cover on the food unlike the main dish where it is protected by cover I just wish they can do some thing with it since flies are touching the deserts. But all in all the food is great I forgot that I am dieting and my wife even told that its good that I took the package so we dont need to worry about food since everything is there already.

About the band playing outside the hotel I didnt find it a problem at all I dont know if its just not peak thats why its not that loud or I am still young to manage the sounds, but in our room you could not hear a sound at all from the band all we can hear are the wind that is whooping on our glass door.

All in all we have a pleasant stay and looking forward again to stay next year.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

If you are in a country with hospitality as a middle name, you will not go wrong with this resort/hotel. The service is superb, although you might seem to feel that they expect you to tip, but people who works hard everyday for a monthly salary that you earn in a week or less , and serves you like royalty, what is a dollar? Very good buffet breakfast. The facilties are great, although they have to change the finishing of the jacuzzi installed in the middle of the pool from sandy and rough to atleast tiled as going up to the jacuzzi is an ordeal on anyone's skin. But that is just minor. The new wing is really nice and the restaurant serves reasonably priced a la carte and of course buffet. Nightly entertainment on the beach. Super fine, white, powder like sand. Boracay and Regency, a good combination.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
constantino sud. marilao, bulacan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

boracay regency is superb..The hotel rooms are big enough..,the staff are very friendly..

Stayed September 2009
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

When we checked in at the hotel we had initially asked for a standard room with a queen but they did not have any standard rooms left with a queen. So, they upgraded us to a deluxe room with king bed instead with an ocean view. SWEET!

The location is wonderful because it is close to the party scene but not too close to where you cant sleep at night because of the noise. It's just a walks away from DMall and other places to eat. The food at the hotel was OK, nothing special and the service I thought was great all around. We also tried the Kai Spa and it was really relaxing. Once again the service was great all around. When we go back to Boracay, we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Quezon city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

if your looking for a hotel that is clean, in a good location, ocean fron swimming pool, and good service, i highly recomend regency hotel. we went there last febuary, it was kinda rainy so we really ddnt enjoy the beach that much, most of the time we stayed inside our room. although i hope the pool is heated.:)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
HK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

This hotel is in a convenient location. Close to both the DTalipapa and D'Mall. The hotel does try to project itself as a high class resort. However, you could not get away from the feeling that the hotel view you as a low-life.

For example, for my room, we paid for a bed and breakfast for my son to be in our room. . . however, they only gave us two towels, so we requested for an additional set. . .so housekeeping comes and asks us to sign for forms that we took extra towels. When we go to the beach, there are several places that you could borrow towels, one by the pool area and one by the beach area. So when you ask for a towel, you are of course asked for your room number and sign for it, and when you return the towels, they count it and mark it off. . . However, one morning I returned several towels, and on one of the towels I was asked "where did you get that towel?", I said I am returning it for my sister, and they told me that I should not return it there, and I have to return it to where it was originally "checked out from". You HAVE TO return it to the exact booth you borrow it from!

I don't know about you, but when I'm on vacation, I am there to enjoy myself and relax & have fun. . . I don't care for the gestapo telling me that I returned a towel in the wrong line!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

an ideal place to stay especially if you have kids. room is clean, bathroom is well maintained, you can see a nice view of the pool and beach when you stay in the balcony of your room. my son had a great time swimming in the kiddie pool and beach.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Boracay Regency Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!