“Good location and fecilities” 4 of 5 stars

Boracay Regency Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2 Balabag, Aklan Province 2004, Philippines   |
Ranked #33 of 136 Hotels in Boracay
London, United Kingdom
“Good location and fecilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed five days with family and friends, enjoyed the location, beach, and two swimming pools.
Breakfast was excellent with great variety, buffet style.
Rooms were stylish and comfortable, make sure to book inner side to avoid late evening/night noise coming from near by entertainment.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Property looks great from afar but that's where it ends. Had been here in 2008 and they have done little to keep up. First night I was given a room virtually on top a lot overridden with garbage,construction debris..you name it and with roosters going at it about 50 feet from the door of my room starting at 6AM.Room had a box wall a/c. Dated!Next night I moved to a room with a mini split a/c that would not get the temp below 24 celsius.Was not working right which I told them from the start.Moved 8 hours later in the middle of the night and they upgraded me to a junior suite.The internet is atrocious even though you must pay 500 pesos for in room use, which they encourage you to do by keeping the free lobby internet painfully slow,surely intentional.The last day after my in room access expired a few hours before check out,and while booking another room at another hotel,I could not get a confirmation as the computer just kept laboring for 6 minutes.I asked that IT come down and he put in a code that is used in the room, and presto instant confirm.As far as internet in the room, painfully slow, though the IT person helped out some and actually gave me my own router which made it tolerable,little more.Come on guys, if you want the big bucks how about upgrading your internet, your box a/c's, and while you are at it, maybe don't allow smoking in the pool itself so people/kids can swim without breathing in garbage.Not worth the $

Room Tip: Stay away from the vacant lot side
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The pictures on their website look better than in reality (which is often the case) but they don't mention rooms with no windows/no view or no balcony.
We had a room with a tiny window and a view of their offices (directly in).
It seemed the hotel were trying to get us to upgrade (AT COST) because when we arrived the lady at check in basically said - your window has no balcony and no view and no wifi. Not the warmest of welcomes to this tropical island.

We did not upgrade our room. We unfortunately on two occasions found cockroaches in our room.
One day our room wasn't made up, housekeeping didn't come.

The main pool (with the swim up bar) doesn't get alot of sun, so no good.
Beach beds are free for hotel guests though.
Beach was nice, see had some seaweed but once you were past it - sea was lovely and warm and clear (AND this isn't the hotels fault).

The restaurant, MESA, is the best thing about this hotel and the location, the second.
Food is MESA is expensive upon menu review - but it's 'fine dining' and the best local food on the island.

I wouldn't stay here again, if I had the choice.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view or balcony room.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
hong kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

2 adults/2 late teens: 5 days/4 nights. The hotel is right on the beach and, as we arrived during the Easter music festival, the Wave DJ music rave right outside our hotel was very loud up to 1.30am... but only for the first 2 nights. Hotel located in Stage 2 and in a good location. We were in block rooms 200+ and, unfortunately, arrived to find lots of insects in both our adjoining rooms, but the Hotel Housekeeping came immediately and treated the rooms. They offered us free dinner, but we chose free in-room Wifi (which you normally pay for). They also offered us different rooms for better sleep quality, but we stayed because of convenient location to the beach. Quieter rooms are by East Wing, but be warned that the ground floor rooms have terraces that are directly ON the pool without barriers, so not good for families with young children. The hotel restaurants are very good, especially Hap Chan Chinese restaurant. Really excellent food. Breakfast was served in adjoining Sea Breeze Cafe which we thought was just OK. Recommend fresh ham hock, poached eggs & salad. Everywhere you walk is on sand, so don't pack high heels! Also, transferring to the island is by a very small boat, so don't take large suitcases! Transferred by 'Southwest' company was very efficient. Overall, we found the hotel 'very good' and would stay there again.

Room Tip: East Wing rooms quieter, but ground floor rooms have terrace on the pool with no barriers.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel Check In:
You need to present your passport, voucher, and the credit card you used to pay for the room. A $2000 pesos will be taken as a down payment. Someone will help you with your suitcase. You get a card for swiping in and out vs a key.
Check Out: You will settle your account

Wifi: Not free in the room; and the free lobby connection was crap. An incident led to me getting free wifi in my room during my stay. The connection was better. I got for free as a customer service issue occured; I am not sure how much it costs per day to use if paying but the connection was a lot better.

Room to choose:
Mine was a garden room 307 facing the path that led to the beach. While the room balcony didnt have the best view; the location was pretty convenient to access.

The rooms are based on which is closest to what pool...so here is an outline of the 3 POOLS:
Pool 1: East wing is behind the main lobby; whirlpool wasn't working when I was there; biggest pool and is seen in most of the photographs; only one that has a bar and provides the best room views as it faces the pool and the lower ones has direct access from their balcony (must request). It is furthest away from the beach and is a bit more peaceful.
Pool 2: By one of the restaurant, Christina's, I found it to be the most sunny as it had less trees around the pool; has a small waterfall; but designed for family and kids I think and so If you don't wish to be around kids this may not be for you unless you have kids yourself. Has a path that leads directly to the beach; and is closest to the main shopping area from the pool.
Pool 3:Most convenient if you go to the pool right after breakfast as it is located behind Seabreeze Cafe (the restaurant that offers the free breakfast buffet); Most shade as there were a lot more trees to form natural shades. It is close to the beach as well but you have to walk through the restaurant to get to it.

RESTAURANTS:
CHRISTINA's-Most fancy of them all; and offers elegant dining (though dress code is not necessary in affect) I had the surf and turf (but with shrimp) with a Beer and it ended up being 805.20 pesos with 12%vat and 10% service tip included. It was a bit of a surprise to see the extra taxes added to the $600 something cost of the meal.
MESA-more traditional filipino food offered in the menu but the presentation is a bit more modern I think. I got the Tilapia with 4 dips and the presentation was fantastic; the fish was fried and presented bite sized but the fish head was sculpted in such a way that it made it very appetizing. With a side dish of rice (yes you must order rice separately); it was about $400 or something pesos.
SEABREEZE BUFFET-this is where the free breakfast buffet is offered and I loved it. It was very clean and appetizing with an amazing view of the beach if you are seated on the patio. The breakfast menu offers traditional filipino food (but of high quality); and also traditional american dishes to offer the comforts of home for those who wish to not try local dishes. I enjoyed eating here very much. It also serves unlimited coffee and tea; various juices.
CHINESE restaurant--I forget the title of restaurant but it is basically chinese dishes which I didn't get a chance to try.
**You can charge the meals to a credit card where most restaurants only accepted cash; and I believe you also had the option to charge it to the room (best option if you had pesos left at the end of your trip you can use cash to pay off your account, as converting pesos to canadian/usd/euro has less value; or you can use your credit card if used it all)

THINGS TO KNOW:
Which Airport to choose: Caticlan or Kalibo?
Best to fly out of Caticlan if you have a choice, as it is closer to Boracay pier (about 10 minutes or so)
Which Boat Station to choose: 1, 2, or 3?
Station 2 is best I think as it has the most access to the activities and entertainment during the day and night. 1 is most quiet; and is the best option if you wish to be away from everything. It was a bit too peaceful for my taste (note: I'm not a party girl) 3: was in between 1 and 2 as far as traffic goes. Personally, I think it is a personal choice of how far in the action you want to be; however, you are able to walk to all sections without using any transportation. But as a solo traveler, I found it best to be in Station 2 as I felt safer by the numbers and easier to access evening entertainment without having to walk more 'quiet' and dark beaches from station 1 to reach station 2.

hotel:
Now I chose this hotel because it had the reputation of being one of the best. I stayed 3 nights at under $200cdn per night. I had another choice via expedia at $90 cdn for all 3 nights. I have to wonder if there was a hotel that was better in choice at a better rate. While Bora regency beach resort was quite comfortable; I don't know if paying that rate was worth it. There were a lot of hotels located beach front and had I had more time to research maybe I would have found something more suitable. There wasn't anything spectacular about this hotel. There wasn't even any photo worthy highlights. But it was very comfortable.

d'Mall and d'Talipapa
walking distance from station 2 (same as 1 and 3 but further)
Visa is not acceptable in most places; Cash only especially in the markets. I would use a credit card for your restaurant meals if possible and save your cash for snacks and market deals.

Where to exchange $
Manila for pocket money to use in between your transports in case you need it
But I found the exchange rate to be better in Bora instead; Forex had the highest rates. for example: $46 for 1 euro vs 43-44pesos in manila; for USD $ small bills (ie 1 dollar bills has less value)=40; and 42-44pesos. Mind you the rates fluctuate.

Massage:
The ones offered in hotels accepted credit cards; but is more expensive i.e $1500-$4000 pesos versus the ones offered at the beach for $250-350 pesos. I found the beach massage convenient and cheap but not as relaxing. There are a few that you can find inside, which offer more private seclusion at $300-$400 pesos. I found this option to be the best. Type of massage: "Hilot"-traditional filipino massage was the best kind.

How does the transportation work?
I booked a pre-pkg for transportation pick up through expedia.
Canada to Hong Kong to Manila; pick up bags; check in to domestic flight; plane arrives; pick up bag; someone will have your name for pick up from airport to pier; from pier by boat to pier (a charge of 175 pesos will be asked of you for environment fee and boat fee). I was sure this was included but I paid just to not have further delays to get on the boat. I sent an email to my contact regarding a refund for this charge; and I was assured I would get it. (which I did on my return); from the pier you will wait for an assigned jeepney to take you to your hotel. A pre-pkg transport arrangements is definitely recommended.

From hotel to airport:
Jeepney will pick you up from your hotel once you have confirmed the time and date of pick up; a breakfast to go box will be ready for you at your request to take with you if you don't have time to sit and eat it. Show your voucher for confirmation of name and Id; you will check in again once you get to the pier; boat to the other side of the pier, you will check in again to confirm which bus to go on (caticlan or kalibo). Once you get to caticlan you will need your eticket and passport to show security before entry to check in. They will weigh your luggage to ensure you are not over 10 kilo or you will pay $200 pesos per kilo over; they will also weigh you for seating arrangements to ensure there is a balance on the plane (lol truestory); there is a departure fee of $200 pesos.

NOTE: I came from Canada. I had 3 stops. Boracay Island. Mainland Philippines (Naga City); and Krabi Thailand (Phi Phi Islands) From Manila to Boracay I was not charged excess luggage because I came from an International flight; but because I was transferring from one domestic flight to another domestic flight I was only allowed 10 kilos from Boracay to Naga; and from Naga to Manila per trip. Therefore at 14.1 kilos I was charged an excess of 4 kilos at @200 pesos ($800 pesos x 2= $1600 pesos total for my transfers). And I only had a carry on size luggage to check in; and large hand bag. I thought I was already compact in packing. I guess not. While from Manila to Hong Kong; and Krabi to Toronto I was allowed 40 kilos. So, you really need to verify baggage allowance each way and pack accordingly.

Overall, as a solo traveler, I thought I would fear the transports and stay in Bora but it was actually quiet more smooth (minus the hidden baggage costs).

Boracay beach was covered in green algae but the water after going in further, was quiet fresh. People said it was too crowded and noisy; but I found this to be quite comforting for a solo traveler as it made the place more lively. English speaking was widely accepted.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Seymour, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We have two pool side junior suite east wing rooms that made this hotel very good. The rooms are spacious and housekeeping do a fabulous job to keep rooms clean. Complimentary drinks in the fridge were always replaced and house keeping ensured even the pool towels were changed if they were wet.
The VIP lounge is in a curious spot in the middle if the hotel with no view but the snacks provided are reasonable and again the customer service provided by Andrea was exceptional.
There are three pools , all well maintained and cater for kids and adults.
Free Wifi provided with our rooms was quick however the general hotel wifi appeared slow and patchy.
BEWARE when booking for additional room costs. We are a family of six and despite our booking clearly stating the ages of our children and being reassured we could have one rollaway / fold bed when we arrived reception reneged on this and we were told we would be charged AUS $50 per night!!! This remains unresolved with management at present.
Breakfast is the normal Buffett selection and just average in regards to quality.
Good location and beach just outside hotel is scattered with America sun lounges.
I can see why this hotel has mixed reviews, and may update before my stay is over

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for 3 nights and had the best time such a great location and the staff are amazing.

Paid for an upgrade to a Junior suite was such a great size room with a balcony looking over the swim up pool bar.

All the restaurants were great with a good selection of different cuisine and local seafood. Wave bar was a stand out with the 2 for 1 happy hour.

Wish we could have stayed longer but after the experience we had will definitely be back in the future.

Thanks one again .

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra to get a view over the eastern side of the building, much better aspect
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Boracay Regency Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!