“Paradise Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 132 Hotels in Boracay
Carol Stream, Illinois, United States
“Paradise Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Let me begin...The round trip transfer was very good,the representatives of the hotel was right outside the airport door and ready and took our luggage right away,no worries.The resort is on the beach front with white soft powdery sand that you can walk barefoot in the beach.Lots of lounge chairs and towels if you need it.The room is regular but comfortable.The included breakfast was good,the restaurant is located at the beachfront.Everything was a walking distance to the resort,D-Mall,restaurants,talipapa,shopping places.

Room Tip: You are out of the room most of the time.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I found the Boracay Regency a beautiful place, not recommended for singles though. As I had previously read on reviews of the Boracay Regency, singles are put in the lower class/ positioned rooms. These are right next to passageways, where the most disturbances happen. No natural light was another thing that was disturbing. Staff were pleasant as you pass through the resort but when it came to service at the restaurant's and at reception, I found that staff had no initiative to serve client but prefer to make sure they were looing good instead. I was lined up for some time behind a fellow traveller who was after some advice. I stood there, waiting in excess of 5 minutes while 4 other staff behind the counter just stood there watching on but not willing to assist. Same in breakfast restaurant. too many people and not enough assistance.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room with a balcony of some sort making natural light a better place to stay.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have always thought of Boracay Regency as a very classy hotel but it was just so so. Maybe my expectations were too high, I don't know, but my overall experience I must say didn't meet it. The hotel looks good from the outside but a bit old and rusty from the inside. The lobby when i checked in was so crowded. There were lots of people and baggage assistants waiting and it was so noisy. It was not organized and the reception was so small considering that there are lots of people checking in because of its convenient location. The room was okay. It was clean but feels old. We had a lovely pool view though. Their pools were not as desirable as the website picture shows. Overall, the room & the place were overrrated. I'd rather pay for a more expensive accommodation because Regency's was worth its value -- average. As always, Sea Breeze restaurant serves the best & yummiest food in the whole of Boracay. One of the reasons I came back. Their buffet is so worth coming back. However the good food experience, the service was quite horrible. My family and I were very disappointed with one particular Sea Breeze staff "Razel" (it's what his name tag says). He treated us with discrimination. You can see how gladly he smiles and serves at foreigners but not to us because we were Pinoys. He was belittling us by constantly asking if we were going to pay in cash even if we already informed him that we'll be paying using credit card. There were 8 of us in the table but only 7 ate (my brother decided not to eat because he was still full). He accused us and embarrassed us by insinuating that my brother ate secretly even if he didn't. How rude! I asked for a supervisor and he was as incompetent as the staff. Very sad. They both made our dining experience terrible. We will not be coming back. Not to stay, not to dine.

Room Tip: If you choose a room with a pool view, expect noise during daytime. However, it's a very nice vi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very good, except the noise during the night from the pool area and from the wave club in the weekend.maybe the food should be more diverse, because was to much chineese food.I will choose the same hotel if i will return.

• Stayed March 2014
Makati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

one of the biggest beach front resort in the island paradise. located in station 2 where you can find the night life and sprawling good restaurants but you will not leave the resort because they can provide that to you, Wave bar, Sea breeze buffet restaurant and cristina's (food choices and drinks are great!). beach front chairs and shades are exclusive for check-in customers... thumbs up! they also provide beach towels. room: clean and big! sheets: clean! design of the room... a little dated but i cant complain because of the room size.

the only downside would be service. considering the number customers they accomodate on a daily basis, their front desk should be manned with a minimum of 4 people for the check-out counter... but upon my check out, there were only 2 front desk officer, so the queuing easily piled up. i hope they considering putting more people there.

Room Tip: choose the east wing facing the pool. far from the noise of the party beach front.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Rooms are spacious. Location is perfect - not too near the crowded areas but not too far to have access to bars and restaurants. Great food at Seabreeze Cafe. Great service. Very polite, helpful, and friendly staff. Ease of transfer from the airport to the port then to the hotel is impeccable. I would definitely come back... Highly recommended.... Five stars.... Two thumbs up....

Jurong, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights..had a wonderful time in boracay..clean beach and ckear water..

I will review the property by stating the pros and cons...

Pros :
1) transfer - took a transfer with them and found it very useful..we do not go thru the normal jetty others took..we had a private lounge jetty to wait and a personal boracay regency speedboat..beat all the crowds to this and all tax n sea port tax settled by boracay regency..highly recommended..

2) got a room right beside the beach..room is abit dated but very clean..

3) huge property with 3 different swimming pool at different wing that closes late at 10pm..private beach well maintained with security overlooking guest..a plus point..

4) friendly staff who constantly greet you..another plus point..free ice upon request..free wifi in lobby..ask for password from front desk..

Cons :

1) i email property requested for room request through e-mail 3 times but they always seem to avoid answering my request..reservation team need to informed me if my request is turn down or ok..abit dissapointed on this..

2) do not buy wifi..its totally useless..pay but get no connection in the room..

3) its a beach property..so i recommend property to provide bathrobe and slippers..

4) they need to increase the beach chair..

5) front desk keep changing the time during our departure..from 12noon to 11.30 to 11 to 10.30...we have to rush as they inform us at 10.15 to tell us that our transfer bus is waiting for us now..its a bit dubious..

I would definately come back here and i hope the management try to improve on certain areas to bring the best of its property..i would recommend others to stay in this property..

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Boracay Regency Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!