“Boracay 2013” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2 Balabag, 2004, Philippines   |
Ranked #26 of 131 hotels in Boracay
“Boracay 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

It wasmy 2nd time at Boracay and my first time at Boracay Regency. My daughter was right when she insisted that we stay at this hotel. Boracya Regency got nice facilities more than enough reason for guests to stay. They have more than one swimming pool and different choices of restaurants. Guest rooms are okey and buffet breakfast offers numerous food selection enough to fill you up until afternoon. Staff are friendly. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

923 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went with a few relates and friends. Stayed at a family room, they bathroom does need a bit of an upgrade, but it was fine.

Definitely enjoyed my time at the resort. They let you rent towels - which comes very useful! I would recommend this place to anyone and stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is my second stay at Boracay Regency and I still couldnt be happier. They do provide excellent service right from the Cataclan airport. First they pick you up at the airport and shuttle you to their private boat dock. Then you take their private boat to Boracay Island and then get shuttled straight to the resort. If you are traveling with many people or with kids this is the only way to go. It saves you the hassle of looking for taxis, wondering where to go, or worrying about your luggage.

The resort location is ideal on White Beach. It is right in the middle of station 2 so its just a short 15 min walk to either end of the beach. Lots of the water attractions depart near station 1 and strangely drop you off near station 3 at the end of the day so being in the middle is ideal so you can easily walk back to your resort.

My room was updated and nice. There were a few tiny ants in the bathroom and I found 1 in my bed. There were 2 other rooms with our party. 1 room found more ants in their bed (about 10) and the other room had just a few ants just in their bath. I usually expect something like that when in remote island locations. As long as there aren't swarms of bugs or insanely large bugs it doesn't bother me.

The nightlife at Boracay Regency is a bit loud for my taste. The Regency beach front turns into a loud night club at night and blasts music till 3AM so if you don't want loud dance music putting you to sleep get a room away from the beachfront.

Be careful when booking flights with CEBU air. They cancel flights anytime it rains because the runway is too short. This is supposed to remedied in about 2-3 years.

If you want some tips on avoiding the aggressive vendor salespeople on the beach check out my Boracay Island review : )

Room Tip: The closer you are to the beach the louder at night it is
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with my bf for 4 days in one of their superior rooms. We arrived quite late, around 7 or 8 pm and because of that we were given the farthest room. Room was just ok, floor is not that clean first thing I looked for was a pair of bedroom slippers but I gues that doesn't come with their room features. ( So next time you have to bring your own bedroom slippers ) Well I didn't really expected that much so was not really disappointed. Our Queen bed is so big, realized that it was two twin beds put together. Sheets and towels were clean. Cr Was just OK. had issues with the flush though. There were ants near the HD TV too.

Since the landscape of the hotel is like a maze, you'll need to work your way through each of the various sections of the hotel. Although they provided us with a map of the resort, We end up asking some of the staff for some directions.

Staff was polite and helpful. I was disappointed with the house keeping because they cleaned the room twice and they never wipe the table. They just do the basic cleaning I guess.

Pools were clean but they only have limited chairs so some of the guests ends up reserving them. I guess management doesn't have any rules about guests reserving those pool chairs for the WHOLE DAY. You'll see them putting books or towels then leave for a few hours then go back and leave again then go back. My gawd!

My bf wanted to send postcards to his family so we asked the staff and told us that we can go to their mini shop and they can send it for us. Now, it has been two weeks and they haven't receive the postcards yet. I wonder why.

Breakfast is 6 - 10 am at Sea breeze. Breakfast was alright,typical and standard choices. The location of the resort is Perfect! It is right on the beach. view is very relaxing.

Overall a good stay,best thing about the hotel is its pools and location. Since they're overpriced we may try other hotels next time though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed this March 2013 for a week and had a deluxe room. The resort is big and right on the beach in the middle of station 2 which is awesome. Staff was very friendly. Rooms were somewhat old. My room had ants near the HD television and the shower was completely old. Sheets were clean. My queen bed was two twin beds put together. Regarding the breakfast buffet, same food every day and got old fast. need to get a better variety, but what do you expect for a "free" buffet that is really included in your hotel room rate.

They do have a nice option to eat right on the walkway so that you can see the water and the sunrise - very nice. Pools were clean and refreshing - BEWARE of gusts reserving the pool chairs. My goodness, I could not believe it. They come down when the pool first opens, put a book and water bottle on the chair then leave for a few hours and come back, and do this all day as the chairs are scarce. These actions should be banned.

Overall, the resort is slightly overpriced -all they need to do is to renovate the rooms, as the remainder of the property is exquisite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

How do I start my review well first of let me tell you that this is my second stay and review for this hotel. We recently stayed in this hotel last Feb 4, 2013 with a premier room. Let me start from the booking, booking was good and fast I actually booked just I think a week before our arrival, luckyly I was able to get the room that I want, at first there is no available premiere room during my first inquiry then came GENEVIEVE replying to my email that she got the room that I want so I told her to give me the qoutation for 3pax for 3days and 2nights package, the reply was fast with tons of my question all are being answered fast. The booking agent was very accomodating and have lots of patience I hope that they keep Genevieve or promote here.

The hotel itself well I have nothing to say its still the same thing since the last time we stayed, checking in was fast I am even surprise that the room was ready when we arrive and I forgot the name of the Manager that assisted us in our booking since I lost my credit card that I used to book with them so Gene endorse me to her to help me proceed with the booking since they need the actual card, but since I really lost my card I dont have nothing to show I only have a scan copy of the card so we opted just to use my other card as a security and I put a security deposit of 2,000 pesos but still they requested for the online record that the transaction has been billed already which I complied with them. We were given welcome drinks and we brought it to our room and rest for a while then decided to have our lunch at D Mall and then we went back and was then given our welcome fruit and after that we take a nap. Let me just share this incident we have in our room when we are taking a nap in the afternoon we were waken up by a large bang in our door my companions asks me to look who is it, I know its not room service since its not a polite knock on the door I tried to look on the peephole I saw a mans face and he is not a staff he even knock again and try to cover the peephole as in he knew I am looking already with that I immediately lock the double lock and the safety latch of the door and called in front desk and inform regarding the incident and they did send in security to look for I try to monitor first by looking on the peephole if the guy is still there and when I saw other people walking by our door and a staff thats the time I open up the door and it was all clear no sign of the man, then after few minutes the security guard come by and ask what happen so I inform him and described the guy that banged our door and said they will look on it and informed that it could be just another guests but I said still they dont have the right to do that and the only thing I am concerned is we were located on the end of the east wing where less people are and what if it happend that I am not around for sure my 2 lady companion will be afraid.Any way still they reacted with it seriously and if they can add up more security that walks around the inside area will be great. I was also surprised with the changes with Boracay regency there is a McDonalds inside the premises already. With the food , about breakfast, there are enough selection I guess that will satisfy your appetite, plus waiters are more attentive and even have initiative to offer beverages to customers. We didnt took lucnh and dinner package but we did try to eat at sea breeze one time for dinner but I was not happy with it we opted eat in the main dining area not the one in the beach I didnt know that it was different the food selection in the main restaurant is few compared to the one in the beach then when we finish I noticed the price is differenta little bit. We should have eaten to other buffet restaurants for the price of 2,100 pesos for just 3 person is too much with the food they offer.

We also opted to take their island hopping activities since they offer it inhouse and I thought that since its Boracay regency the tour operator they partnered are A class as well, but to our surprise we were brougth to this Allan B tours which is in station 3 where in we have to walk from the hotel, and once we are there it is not a private tour for the regency resort some are mixed to go with other hotel guests, I even heared one guest my God look at the vests that they are giving where in is also playing on my mind becaused you could really see that the life vest are worn out and you will think twice if it still floats with the way it look, luckyly our boat has its own vests that are a bit newer, we didnt went to crystal cove since according to the boat man that the tides are high and our boat cant handle where in some first timers are expecting to go there where bit dis appointed, on our lunch which is included on the island hopping package I was not impressed the is a very few selection of food just a big tuna fish, pancit, rice, few veggies, tomato slice, barbeque, and a watermelon thats it. Many of us in the group is expecting something with the price we paid you will really asks for more I think they should see for themselves what they are offering, I have tried other hotels that offer island hopping package were far better than theirs and its not that costly as theirs.

But will all the few things that miss I sitll give them 4 circles since I still have good time and staff were still courteous they still greet you when you see them and if you have request they will make sure attend to it. We all have have different experiences in this hotels I am just sharing mine and it turns out to be a good one. Oh one thing I hope that they look into having a controled water temperature on the pool since sometimes it really turns cold specially at night and morning.

Room Tip: If you dont like noise better book the one in the east wing formerly garden wing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed in a suite with pool access on the east wing for six nights and considering the price, was expecting luxury..... well I didn't get it!!!

The trip from Caticlan was quick and efficient and set my expectations high, but once I saw the room I was disappointed. The fittings look old and dated and I would hardly consider a small table and a couple of chairs a suite!! It was nice being able to open the doors and get straight into the pool but not worth the extra money. I did also get access to the VIP lounge and free internet but the wifi access was sketchy at best and the lounge was rubbish. There were few options and the girl working in there was struggling to ensure there was food available.

The room has a nice patio area where you can access the pool, but they only provide one sunbed. What's the deal with that???? Clearly the room is built for at least two, but one of you will get stuck lying on the floor or crunched up on the chairs. There are more beds by the pool, but if you're going to go there what's the point of paying the extra for a room with pool access????

I ate breakfast at Christina's, which I liked and the buffet which I wasn't so keen on. The selection was good at the buffet, but it was really busy and the staff weren't overly attentive. Signing for anything against my room was a hassle every time. Even though I would indicate this was what I wanted to do before taking a seat and was told that yes that was ok, the waiters always tried to make me pay cash/ card at the end.

I also had room service a couple of times and found the food good and delivery was prompt. I especially liked the clam chowder.

The hairdryer in the bathroom was also rubbish. I hate having to stand up drying my hair as it's thick and long so if you're the same I would recommend taking your own so that you can do it sat in front of the mirror.

On the whole I thought this hotel was only 'ok' and not worth the money. I stayed at the Red Coconut last time I came to Boracay and thought I would splash out this time, since I was taking my Mum away for her Birthday, but I wish I'd have stuck with the Red Coconut. It was much nicer and the staff were far more efficient.

Room Tip: Unless you get a very good deal, I wouldn't recommend paying the extra for the suite with pool a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boracay Regency Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!