TRAVEL ALERT: TYPHOON HAIYAN—HOW TO HELP More info

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2 Balabag, 2004, Philippines   |
Ranked #26 of 130 hotels in Boracay
“didn't expect much.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with my bf for 4 days in one of their superior rooms. We arrived quite late, around 7 or 8 pm and because of that we were given the farthest room. Room was just ok, floor is not that clean first thing I looked for was a pair of bedroom slippers but I gues that doesn't come with their room features. ( So next time you have to bring your own bedroom slippers ) Well I didn't really expected that much so was not really disappointed. Our Queen bed is so big, realized that it was two twin beds put together. Sheets and towels were clean. Cr Was just OK. had issues with the flush though. There were ants near the HD TV too.

Since the landscape of the hotel is like a maze, you'll need to work your way through each of the various sections of the hotel. Although they provided us with a map of the resort, We end up asking some of the staff for some directions.

Staff was polite and helpful. I was disappointed with the house keeping because they cleaned the room twice and they never wipe the table. They just do the basic cleaning I guess.

Pools were clean but they only have limited chairs so some of the guests ends up reserving them. I guess management doesn't have any rules about guests reserving those pool chairs for the WHOLE DAY. You'll see them putting books or towels then leave for a few hours then go back and leave again then go back. My gawd!

My bf wanted to send postcards to his family so we asked the staff and told us that we can go to their mini shop and they can send it for us. Now, it has been two weeks and they haven't receive the postcards yet. I wonder why.

Breakfast is 6 - 10 am at Sea breeze. Breakfast was alright,typical and standard choices. The location of the resort is Perfect! It is right on the beach. view is very relaxing.

Overall a good stay,best thing about the hotel is its pools and location. Since they're overpriced we may try other hotels next time though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

835 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed this March 2013 for a week and had a deluxe room. The resort is big and right on the beach in the middle of station 2 which is awesome. Staff was very friendly. Rooms were somewhat old. My room had ants near the HD television and the shower was completely old. Sheets were clean. My queen bed was two twin beds put together. Regarding the breakfast buffet, same food every day and got old fast. need to get a better variety, but what do you expect for a "free" buffet that is really included in your hotel room rate.

They do have a nice option to eat right on the walkway so that you can see the water and the sunrise - very nice. Pools were clean and refreshing - BEWARE of gusts reserving the pool chairs. My goodness, I could not believe it. They come down when the pool first opens, put a book and water bottle on the chair then leave for a few hours and come back, and do this all day as the chairs are scarce. These actions should be banned.

Overall, the resort is slightly overpriced -all they need to do is to renovate the rooms, as the remainder of the property is exquisite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

How do I start my review well first of let me tell you that this is my second stay and review for this hotel. We recently stayed in this hotel last Feb 4, 2013 with a premier room. Let me start from the booking, booking was good and fast I actually booked just I think a week before our arrival, luckyly I was able to get the room that I want, at first there is no available premiere room during my first inquiry then came GENEVIEVE replying to my email that she got the room that I want so I told her to give me the qoutation for 3pax for 3days and 2nights package, the reply was fast with tons of my question all are being answered fast. The booking agent was very accomodating and have lots of patience I hope that they keep Genevieve or promote here.

The hotel itself well I have nothing to say its still the same thing since the last time we stayed, checking in was fast I am even surprise that the room was ready when we arrive and I forgot the name of the Manager that assisted us in our booking since I lost my credit card that I used to book with them so Gene endorse me to her to help me proceed with the booking since they need the actual card, but since I really lost my card I dont have nothing to show I only have a scan copy of the card so we opted just to use my other card as a security and I put a security deposit of 2,000 pesos but still they requested for the online record that the transaction has been billed already which I complied with them. We were given welcome drinks and we brought it to our room and rest for a while then decided to have our lunch at D Mall and then we went back and was then given our welcome fruit and after that we take a nap. Let me just share this incident we have in our room when we are taking a nap in the afternoon we were waken up by a large bang in our door my companions asks me to look who is it, I know its not room service since its not a polite knock on the door I tried to look on the peephole I saw a mans face and he is not a staff he even knock again and try to cover the peephole as in he knew I am looking already with that I immediately lock the double lock and the safety latch of the door and called in front desk and inform regarding the incident and they did send in security to look for I try to monitor first by looking on the peephole if the guy is still there and when I saw other people walking by our door and a staff thats the time I open up the door and it was all clear no sign of the man, then after few minutes the security guard come by and ask what happen so I inform him and described the guy that banged our door and said they will look on it and informed that it could be just another guests but I said still they dont have the right to do that and the only thing I am concerned is we were located on the end of the east wing where less people are and what if it happend that I am not around for sure my 2 lady companion will be afraid.Any way still they reacted with it seriously and if they can add up more security that walks around the inside area will be great. I was also surprised with the changes with Boracay regency there is a McDonalds inside the premises already. With the food , about breakfast, there are enough selection I guess that will satisfy your appetite, plus waiters are more attentive and even have initiative to offer beverages to customers. We didnt took lucnh and dinner package but we did try to eat at sea breeze one time for dinner but I was not happy with it we opted eat in the main dining area not the one in the beach I didnt know that it was different the food selection in the main restaurant is few compared to the one in the beach then when we finish I noticed the price is differenta little bit. We should have eaten to other buffet restaurants for the price of 2,100 pesos for just 3 person is too much with the food they offer.

We also opted to take their island hopping activities since they offer it inhouse and I thought that since its Boracay regency the tour operator they partnered are A class as well, but to our surprise we were brougth to this Allan B tours which is in station 3 where in we have to walk from the hotel, and once we are there it is not a private tour for the regency resort some are mixed to go with other hotel guests, I even heared one guest my God look at the vests that they are giving where in is also playing on my mind becaused you could really see that the life vest are worn out and you will think twice if it still floats with the way it look, luckyly our boat has its own vests that are a bit newer, we didnt went to crystal cove since according to the boat man that the tides are high and our boat cant handle where in some first timers are expecting to go there where bit dis appointed, on our lunch which is included on the island hopping package I was not impressed the is a very few selection of food just a big tuna fish, pancit, rice, few veggies, tomato slice, barbeque, and a watermelon thats it. Many of us in the group is expecting something with the price we paid you will really asks for more I think they should see for themselves what they are offering, I have tried other hotels that offer island hopping package were far better than theirs and its not that costly as theirs.

But will all the few things that miss I sitll give them 4 circles since I still have good time and staff were still courteous they still greet you when you see them and if you have request they will make sure attend to it. We all have have different experiences in this hotels I am just sharing mine and it turns out to be a good one. Oh one thing I hope that they look into having a controled water temperature on the pool since sometimes it really turns cold specially at night and morning.

Room Tip: If you dont like noise better book the one in the east wing formerly garden wing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed in a suite with pool access on the east wing for six nights and considering the price, was expecting luxury..... well I didn't get it!!!

The trip from Caticlan was quick and efficient and set my expectations high, but once I saw the room I was disappointed. The fittings look old and dated and I would hardly consider a small table and a couple of chairs a suite!! It was nice being able to open the doors and get straight into the pool but not worth the extra money. I did also get access to the VIP lounge and free internet but the wifi access was sketchy at best and the lounge was rubbish. There were few options and the girl working in there was struggling to ensure there was food available.

The room has a nice patio area where you can access the pool, but they only provide one sunbed. What's the deal with that???? Clearly the room is built for at least two, but one of you will get stuck lying on the floor or crunched up on the chairs. There are more beds by the pool, but if you're going to go there what's the point of paying the extra for a room with pool access????

I ate breakfast at Christina's, which I liked and the buffet which I wasn't so keen on. The selection was good at the buffet, but it was really busy and the staff weren't overly attentive. Signing for anything against my room was a hassle every time. Even though I would indicate this was what I wanted to do before taking a seat and was told that yes that was ok, the waiters always tried to make me pay cash/ card at the end.

I also had room service a couple of times and found the food good and delivery was prompt. I especially liked the clam chowder.

The hairdryer in the bathroom was also rubbish. I hate having to stand up drying my hair as it's thick and long so if you're the same I would recommend taking your own so that you can do it sat in front of the mirror.

On the whole I thought this hotel was only 'ok' and not worth the money. I stayed at the Red Coconut last time I came to Boracay and thought I would splash out this time, since I was taking my Mum away for her Birthday, but I wish I'd have stuck with the Red Coconut. It was much nicer and the staff were far more efficient.

Room Tip: Unless you get a very good deal, I wouldn't recommend paying the extra for the suite with pool a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in a Pool Access room in the newer East Wing.

It was certainly worth the extra spend for this wing. Room was spacious and well furnished. The pool was great - albiet a little chilly. Having steps off your verandah into the pool is certainly a great luxury to have, especially as we were travelling with an infant who loves to swim. The pool was cleaned daily and kept in great shape.

Our experience was that staff were very friendly and attentive throughout our stay (including the email reservation process). Most became great friends with our 2 year old boy.

We arrived and departed from Caticlan. The transfer service offered was seamless. Quick, easy and efficient transfer from airport to car to boat to car to hotel and visa versa. Only complaint, is that you still need to pay porters for your luggage transfer at the docks - seems a bit much when you are already paying decent cash for the transfer itself. Minor issue though.

Buffet breakfast was comprehensive, tasty and enjoyed at their beachfront cafe.

The rooms (east wing) are not beachfront, but you are only a few minutes away, no big deal. I know some people go on about needing absolute beachfront, but IMHO, the beach itself is overrated - especially compared to others in the Philippines. The green algae problem seems to be getting worse. So having a resort with such good facilities (ie massive pool) is quite handy. As a side tip, i recommend heading to the North part of the beach - it is much quieter and cleaner there and only a 60P tricycle ride.

Overall, we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and would definitely recommend it, especially to families with young kids.

Travelled as a couple with 2 year old.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Horrible, BAD, ruined my VACA..
* I urge you to stay elsewhere.
* Frontdesk staff took their time so our check in took over 3hrs.
* Rooms stink; 80's decor
* Broken bath tiles & dirty grout ...YUK!!!
* Carelessly prepared, cheap & mostly carbs breakfast; watered down juices ...tasteless!!
* Dungeon-like rooms...staff dont care if you hate room they put U in...really!!
* Old, filthy lounge chairs in pool & beach area
* Dont give a 'hoot' attitude...someone else will take room approach...go leave ...is how guest with confirmed reservations are treated!!!
* Frontdesk do not know/communicate with Manila office - who booked my reservations 4mos prior...debated with me & many other guests!
...had the audacity to say they will not refund my dollars & we can find another hotel @ 10PM at night!
* NO MGR or Supervisor on duty ...cannot be reached by cellphone either...no wonder the stupid staff behaved so badly!!!!

* Do NOT stay ...DO NOT STAY @ Boracay Regency!!!!!! Or any other Regency Hotel locations!!!

You will be so SORRY!!!!...IF you do!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Perth Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Smack bang in the middle of Station 2 on white beach in Boracay. We paid extra to get premier pool access rooms, well worth it. There are three separate wings each with a pool, we had the north wing, which was right at the front near the beach. It wasn't overly noisy at night, yes we could here the music playing til around midnight ish, but it wasn't over the top. The resort itself is old and looks old but the rooms were great, good size, big bathroom with a bath and a separate walk in shower, comfortable beds. I am glad we got the north wing, the pool there was a good size, there was a bigger pool in another wing, but this pool never got crowded too much. We had rooms 129 and 131. Breakfast buffet was good at Seabreeze. Reception staff could be friendlier, all other staff very good. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Boracay Regency? Share your experiences!