“Good locations but not worth the money!!” 3 of 5 stars

Boracay Regency Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Station 2 Balabag, Aklan Province 2004, Philippines   |
Ranked #38 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
London, United Kingdom
“Good locations but not worth the money!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed in a suite with pool access on the east wing for six nights and considering the price, was expecting luxury..... well I didn't get it!!!

The trip from Caticlan was quick and efficient and set my expectations high, but once I saw the room I was disappointed. The fittings look old and dated and I would hardly consider a small table and a couple of chairs a suite!! It was nice being able to open the doors and get straight into the pool but not worth the extra money. I did also get access to the VIP lounge and free internet but the wifi access was sketchy at best and the lounge was rubbish. There were few options and the girl working in there was struggling to ensure there was food available.

The room has a nice patio area where you can access the pool, but they only provide one sunbed. What's the deal with that???? Clearly the room is built for at least two, but one of you will get stuck lying on the floor or crunched up on the chairs. There are more beds by the pool, but if you're going to go there what's the point of paying the extra for a room with pool access????

I ate breakfast at Christina's, which I liked and the buffet which I wasn't so keen on. The selection was good at the buffet, but it was really busy and the staff weren't overly attentive. Signing for anything against my room was a hassle every time. Even though I would indicate this was what I wanted to do before taking a seat and was told that yes that was ok, the waiters always tried to make me pay cash/ card at the end.

I also had room service a couple of times and found the food good and delivery was prompt. I especially liked the clam chowder.

The hairdryer in the bathroom was also rubbish. I hate having to stand up drying my hair as it's thick and long so if you're the same I would recommend taking your own so that you can do it sat in front of the mirror.

On the whole I thought this hotel was only 'ok' and not worth the money. I stayed at the Red Coconut last time I came to Boracay and thought I would splash out this time, since I was taking my Mum away for her Birthday, but I wish I'd have stuck with the Red Coconut. It was much nicer and the staff were far more efficient.

Room Tip: Unless you get a very good deal, I wouldn't recommend paying the extra for the suite with pool a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in a Pool Access room in the newer East Wing.

It was certainly worth the extra spend for this wing. Room was spacious and well furnished. The pool was great - albiet a little chilly. Having steps off your verandah into the pool is certainly a great luxury to have, especially as we were travelling with an infant who loves to swim. The pool was cleaned daily and kept in great shape.

Our experience was that staff were very friendly and attentive throughout our stay (including the email reservation process). Most became great friends with our 2 year old boy.

We arrived and departed from Caticlan. The transfer service offered was seamless. Quick, easy and efficient transfer from airport to car to boat to car to hotel and visa versa. Only complaint, is that you still need to pay porters for your luggage transfer at the docks - seems a bit much when you are already paying decent cash for the transfer itself. Minor issue though.

Buffet breakfast was comprehensive, tasty and enjoyed at their beachfront cafe.

The rooms (east wing) are not beachfront, but you are only a few minutes away, no big deal. I know some people go on about needing absolute beachfront, but IMHO, the beach itself is overrated - especially compared to others in the Philippines. The green algae problem seems to be getting worse. So having a resort with such good facilities (ie massive pool) is quite handy. As a side tip, i recommend heading to the North part of the beach - it is much quieter and cleaner there and only a 60P tricycle ride.

Overall, we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and would definitely recommend it, especially to families with young kids.

Travelled as a couple with 2 year old.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Horrible, BAD, ruined my VACA..
* I urge you to stay elsewhere.
* Frontdesk staff took their time so our check in took over 3hrs.
* Rooms stink; 80's decor
* Broken bath tiles & dirty grout ...YUK!!!
* Carelessly prepared, cheap & mostly carbs breakfast; watered down juices ...tasteless!!
* Dungeon-like rooms...staff dont care if you hate room they put U in...really!!
* Old, filthy lounge chairs in pool & beach area
* Dont give a 'hoot' attitude...someone else will take room approach...go leave ...is how guest with confirmed reservations are treated!!!
* Frontdesk do not know/communicate with Manila office - who booked my reservations 4mos prior...debated with me & many other guests!
...had the audacity to say they will not refund my dollars & we can find another hotel @ 10PM at night!
* NO MGR or Supervisor on duty ...cannot be reached by cellphone either...no wonder the stupid staff behaved so badly!!!!

* Do NOT stay ...DO NOT STAY @ Boracay Regency!!!!!! Or any other Regency Hotel locations!!!

You will be so SORRY!!!!...IF you do!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Perth Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Smack bang in the middle of Station 2 on white beach in Boracay. We paid extra to get premier pool access rooms, well worth it. There are three separate wings each with a pool, we had the north wing, which was right at the front near the beach. It wasn't overly noisy at night, yes we could here the music playing til around midnight ish, but it wasn't over the top. The resort itself is old and looks old but the rooms were great, good size, big bathroom with a bath and a separate walk in shower, comfortable beds. I am glad we got the north wing, the pool there was a good size, there was a bigger pool in another wing, but this pool never got crowded too much. We had rooms 129 and 131. Breakfast buffet was good at Seabreeze. Reception staff could be friendlier, all other staff very good. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Located almost central on the long beach the hotel is convening for all the resort has to offer.
We had a downstairs room on the east wing with Patton leading directly into the pool which was never busy. Rooms in other wings have disadvantages. For example rooms at the beach front look smaller and will be noisy at night.
Take breakfast in Christina's which is much more civilised than the buffet restaurant. Food is international with more focus on far eastern cuisine. This is a resort well used by Filipino's,Koreans and Japanese.
Internet access is restricted to some public areas. If you want it in your too be prepared for huge charges.
Our room was newly refurbished and was generous in size. The bathroom with shower and full size tub was big but beware the floor tiles throughout. They are lethal when wet.
The best way to get to the hotel from Manila is to take the Cataclan flight the pay for Regencies meet and transfer service which isa painless 5 minute drive from airport to jetty where a speedboat gets you there in less than10 minutes.
A good holiday hotel in a busy resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room around a pool. Pay for the best you can afford
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I strongly urge ALL NOT to ever stay at Boracay Regency or any of the Regency hotel chains! What a NIGHTMARE my Feb 2013 stay was! Frontdesk staff were horrible (talk about service without a smile!), Izzi blatantly lied, took 3.5 hrs to check in and we ended up with the last & worst room (dungeon!)! Rob & I were very jetlagged/tired and expected the usual warm Filipino welcome & hospitality -- NOT @ Boracay Regency! When we booked our room 4 mos ahead, I thought we would have a great vaca -- BR room was filthy, smelled like mildew and smelly laundry, furnitures were scratched, old & ugly! Bath tile grout was black with aged dirt! Website pictures looked heavenly & peaceful --NOT!! Breakfast buffet was recklessly cooked and display was messy! Boracay Regency did not care to give service -- entire staff was all about getting your dollars! I urge you NOT to stay there...I regret booking there, they have no integrity...and do not ruin your stay! I will NEVER EVER stay with any of the REGENCY HOTEL chains again!

Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have just come back from our third holiday on beautiful Boracay Island in the Phillipines. As ususal, we stayed at Boracay Regency. The reasons that we always go back to the same hotel are:
- very good Family Rooms, 5 meters from the pool, and 25 meters from the beach.
- the hotel is right on the middle of the beach, so only 10-15 minutes walk away from everything,
- friendly and attentative staff, who do their best to take care of us.

This year, the rooms had been through a minor refreshening, some new paint on the walls, etc. The rooms are not top notch, but since we normally have our eyes closed when we sleep, who cares?

We took the sunset sailing trip, rented Skijets, and had a 90 minute foot treatment - all well appreciated by the various family members.

Even though we were saying that it might be time to go somewhere else next year, I wouldn't be surprised if you find us on Boracay next February aswell.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boracay Regency Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!