“Great stay but.....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Moscow, Russia
“Great stay but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Had a great memorable stay with my fiance. The staff of the hotel was always willing to help us out. Rooms were "fast cleaned" as you might sa. It was clean but you can tell that the beds were not tucked in that well. Other than that, breakfast was ok and BORACAY SHORE made it worth the trip. Can't wait to get back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

851 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The holiday got off to a bad start when we arrived at the airport only to be told we weren't being picked up even though we had requested it. We were told by the local guide that "we must have booked through Agoda as the hotel doesn't pick up Agoda bookings" Anyway, true or not, once we arrived at the hotel all was forgiven, as everything went very smoothly and pleasantly well.
The hotel staff were terrific, the room was good (but will book a better room next time - with a view. The breakfasts were superb, the other meals were ok but a touch expensive, but of course it is Boracay. The icing on the cake, and what more could you want, was direct access to the beautiful light sand and flat sea of Boracay. The hotel is smack in the middle of station two, with only the sandy pedestrian road to cross to get to the glorious beach. If you feel inclined to eat fast food, there is Shakey's Pizza to one side and McDonald's to the other side of the three (or maybe four) of the hotel restaurants on the sandy road. Of course there are hundreds of restaurant choices along the front. The hotel was in good shape generally and spotlessly clean, the pools were excellent and extremely well maintained. The only criticism would be the quality of internet access and the hotels pricing policy. There was weak variable WiFi in the lobby where it is free, but the room WiFi usage was being charged at 500 php per 24 hours, ridiculous in 2012 where the norm now is free WiFi. Overall a really good experience and would go back again, and again, and again ......

Room Tip: Superior rooms do not have a view. If a view is not important then quality of rooms are more than a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kandahar, Afghanistan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a terrible vacation in Boracay because I did not get what I paid for. Once I booked my room i was given a room different than what iI paid for. Because the hotel was booked I was unable to change. The room I wanted was suppose to be a deluxe with kingsize bed. Instead I got a room with 2 beds in the back of the hotel where renovations were going on. The smell of paint was what I had to smell for a week. There is 2 or 3 sections to this hotel. The only one posted on the internet is the main section. That section was the reason I picked this hotel. I will never stay in the Regency again. I love Boracay, but will look for a much better place to stay next time. I am in the military fighting in a war zone. My vacation is the most important time for me. I may not live to see the next one. This was on my mind as I left Boracay.

Room Tip: If you stay at the Regency make sure you are going to be in main building.The main buliding is 1st c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cebu Island, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Our favourite place to stay in Boracay. Stayed three nights with my wife and enjoyed being at this wonderful hotel. This is one place in Boracay that you can feel comfortable and hang around the hotel if you like. Beautiful gardens and the beach is smack in front. In the quieter sector of Station 1 but close enough to the action. The rooms and bathroom were marvelous, the service splendid. The overall ambience of the Crown was worth the money spent. The food was good by Philippino standards. In a nut shell i can't wait to come back. 10/10 from me. The price reflects the quality of this fine hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
mandaluyong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Spent my first time in Boracay in August and decided on the Boracay Regency Hotel. As a person fortunate enough to have stayed at some 5 star hotels all over Asia i was almost sure i would be disappointed in the hotel, although there were glowing reviews about it. I was wrong, this hotel was by far the best hotel I've been to in the Philippines (Because i haven't stayed in a lot of hotels in Philippines). We were unfortunate not ot have stayed at the rooms beside the pool because we booked so late but what an experience it must have been. the Bar by the poolside was also good. Breakfast buffet was nothing special although it was better than the competition. Overall, it was the island that made the hotel all the more enjoyable, but Boracay Regency showed it was well worth the (high) price.

Room Tip: book early, we went during storm season and it was still almost full, and it was a weekday! and get...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a great place for the family especially if you have little kids. The hotel is spread across a large property and has 3 separate pool areas. Each of the adult pools had a kiddie pool too, so you can just allow the little ones to have their own fun. The water in the pool was temperature controlled so that was a nice surprise.
The hotel has some really good restaurants - we loved the chinese at Hap Chans.
Breakfast at their Sea Breeze cafe had a very good spread.
The hotel is right on the beach, bringing the the blue waters of Boracay close to you.
Pleasant staff and clean rooms.

The only down side was all the noise from the renovation of the rooms. The last thing you want on a holiday is to be woken up at 7am with the loud banging.

Also, don't go via Kalibo. The long commute to the airport is avoidable. Caticlan airport is a better option as it will give you more time at the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach are noisier because of the music from the beach that goes on till late at nig...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed at Boracay Regency late October for 3 nights with my husband and 18month old daughter. We were in one of the pool access suites, to the pool nearest the beach.
The room was nice, loved the king bed and the bathroom was nice. Pool access was great too.
The location was great - right in the heart of Station 2 and a short walk to D'mall. The beach was literally steps from our door and the beach is just spectacular.
The breakfast was good too, huge choice and we left very full every morning.
The only thing that let down our stay was the reno's happening above us in our block. There was a note apologising for the noise and stating it would occur from 10am to 5pm every day. We have an 18 month old who naps for 2hrs in the middle of the day but we managed to get her to sleep and dealt with the annoying constant hammering. What annoyed us though was at 6.15pm on every night we were there, when trying to settle our daughter for the night the banging was still going on. Despite numerous calls to reception back and forth until after 7pm and promises that the work would stop it wasn't until my husband went up there to TELL them to stop that they actually did. The shift manager did offer to change rooms, but it was less than 24 hrs before we were due to leave with my husband out on a dive and my daughter having her nap that I got the call so it was going to be too hard to get it sorted and do it alone in the 45mins they gave me to vacate/change.
Loved Boracay though, oh to be back there! Would stay at this hotel again, just make sure I have a room away from the renovations.

Room Tip: Check to make sure renovations aren't going on above or in the room next to you!
Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Boracay Regency? Share your experiences!