“Awesome place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 137 Hotels in Boracay
Melbourne, Australia
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a great hotel in a great location. We stayed in a premiere suite. My wife and I in the bedroom and the two kids (3 and 10 years old) with their grandmoter in the living room. You are in amongst all of the hustle and bustle of the main tourist district but you have your own beach area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ch1020, Marketing & PR Supervisor at The District Boracay, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear ECJ1968,

Warm greetings from The District Boracay, your contemporary boutique beachfront resort in Boracay!

Many thanks for the positive feedback about the resort! We are glad to hear that the resort in general was to your liking. We are very fortunate to have a very beautiful beach that is literally right outside our doorstep, and we couldn’t be happier that all our guests get to enjoy it without going too far.

It was our pleasure to have you at the resort, we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Marketing and PR Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The District is located in a top spot, right close to D'Mall and lots of great restaurants. The hotel doesnt have a big swimming pool but doesnt need to be used with the brilliant beach outside. Our sons 3 years and 10 months old sat and played with the toys the hotel lent us at the beach and there was always a beach chair to sit on. The staff made our stay very easy. Buffet breakfast was good too, enough choices to keep you full.
The room we stayed in was a Deluxe Suite, the 2 kids slept in the living area and we slept in the bedroom, enough space for us all and includes 2 bathrooms which is great.
Only downfall was our room was very noisy, always someone walking past or we could hear the music from the bar located near our room which was unfortunate.

Room Tip: Deluxe Suite great for families - also gets a ocean glimpse from your balcony
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Elisa_B,

Many thanks for the positive feedback, despite your unfortunate experience at the resort. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured that we are already addressing the noise at the room where you stayed at, which is situated near the beach. We try our best to make the vibe at our Star Lounge as chillax as possible to minimize the noise, and we will continue to do so to ensure the comfort of all guests, and the guests of our neighboring resorts.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and entrusting your holiday with us. We hope you can visit us again next time!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The District is THE PLACE to spend your New Year's eve. We were lucky to be able to get reservation at the District to ring 2014. It is quite pricey at 5,000 pesos/person which includes a sumptuous buffet dinner with a wide selection of gourmet food and unlimited cocktails. The service was excellent! The District just opened this year so everything is new, modern, and very classy. At around 11pm New Year's Eve, it started pouring. The staff offered towels and assisted everyone to stay dry. At close to midnight, the fireworks sponsored by the hotel were so enormous, it was in our face. The loud countdown to 2014 was very exciting! My kids vacationing from New York told me that this is the best New Year they had ever! We will definitely go back and stay at the District. Love this place!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. TerrieClemente,

Thank you so much for welcoming the new year with The District Boracay! The pleasure of celebrating this very special occasion was definitely ours. We take the outpour last New Year’s eve as a sign of a prosperous 2014 not just for the resort, but for all our guests who celebrated with us.

Next year will definitely be bigger and better, we do hope you can also join us, even stay with us so you may fully experience what The District Boracay has to offer.

Guam, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The District is one of the best places to stay in Boracay, along with Discovery Shores and Shangri-La. The property is excellently located in a central area near all of the restaurants and bars. The hotel staff are wonderful and genuinely care about the happiness and wellbeing of the guests.

The BBQ grill on the rooftop is great. I loved the ambiance and the food was tasty. The hotel should promote it a bit more because I only discovered it toward the end of my stay.

I have two complaints, however, which I hope the hotel will take very seriously:

1) Caruso's, one of the hotel's restaurants which is managed by an outside company, is very poorly managed. The staff are aloof and are poorly trained. They frequently forget orders and made me feel like I was disturbing them every time I ordered something. They were not familiar with the menu and were unable to answer the most basic of questions without needing to refer to a colleague. The food quality is also no where near as good as Caruso's in Manila. Unfortunately Caruso's handles the drinks at the beachfront, which is really a negative for The District because the restaurant staff almost never come out to check if guests would like to order anything. Every time I wanted to order a drink I had to get the attention of the security guard to call over the waiter. The hotel should take over service at the beachfront and impose their own service standards on Caruso's staff. I can't emphasize how much my multiple negative experiences at Caruso's, both at the beach front and in the restaurant itself, truly disappointed me and affected my stay at The District. The beachfront if a very important part of the experience when staying at The District and I feel that hotel should take greater responsibility to ensure that service is flawless.

2) My second complaint is that the hotel allows guests to leave their towels or books on the beach chairs and disappear for hours at a time, making it difficult for other guests to secure a beach chair. I suggest the hotel impose a rule that if a guest leaves for more than one hour, the security guard shall remove the guest's belongings and free up the chair for use by another guest. This rule is common at other resorts around the world where beach chairs are limited and difficult to secure.

The above two problems, I believe, are relatively easy for management to address. I plan to visit The District again in a month or so and really hope to see a change.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Zerk,

Thank you so much for the generous compliments about the resort, and for the great commendation to our staff. We are very happy to hear that you had a great time at the resort, despite some unfortunate experiences you had at our beachfront and at our partner restaurant. We do apologize for the inconveniences that these has caused you, rest assured that all your comments have been noted and are being addressed to avoid similar incidents from happening in the future.

Our Security Team at the beach makes it a point to ensure that all guests and their belongings are well-attended to. We are already looking at adding more beach chairs, to accommodate more guests who wish to lounge by the beach.

Once again, thank you so much for the valuable feedback, and for choosing The District Boracay as your home in the island. Looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit!

Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed at The District for 5 days in December, during Xmas week. I want to start out by complementing the customer service above everything else – Top Notch! From the airport transfer person, the hotel rep at Caticlan port, to the front desk and other hotel employees we had contact with during our stay, it was very friendly and very good service. For me that’s a big deal because even if I stay in a one star hotel, if the service is great, it will make it feel like a 5 star experience. This was no exception. Service was amazing, 5 stars just for that! Edgar and the security person with him every day (can’t remember his name) – so very helpful moving the umbrellas and keeping the vendors away. The people working the buffet breakfast are super nice and helpful too, especially Apple. I can’t remember names from the front desk or the pool side attendant, but they were all friendly and helped us without question or request. Friendly and great service from start to finish!

The facility itself is nice. The hotel grounds are well kept and clean. Housekeeping did a great job every day on our room, although I think they should be aware of the number of persons staying in the room and leave enough towels for everyone (we had 2 adults and two kids, but were given only 3 towels for some reason). I had to call housekeeping a few time and leave notes in the morning to request more towels. The room we had, not sure of the type, but it was on the second floor facing the pool, with two double beds – it was large enough for our family. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. All modern looking. Bathrooms are nice.

The had the buffet breakfast every morning. It was good, serving fresh fruits and an assortment of Western and Asian hot and cold dishes. The hot food stations change daily, so you don’t have quite the same thing every morning. One thing that I thought was a nice touch – they had a breakfast special that was different every day and we were always offered it be the wait staff. We tried their Italian restaurant for lunch one day. The price was a little high relative to the nearby restaurants, but I was totally surprised by the food – the pizza was really good! A little skimpy on the toppings (I ordered the seafood pizza and there was not a lot on the pizza), but the pizza dough and cheese were very tasty, and it was perfectly cooked. My daughter had the 4 cheese pizza and it was so good. We checked out the lounge on the top floor facing the beach, and ordered our complimentary cocktails. Great view of the beach and of the sunset from up there.

The location is just about in the middle of White Beach. It’s near DMall for other food choices and shopping, ATMs, etc, and Jonah’s is only about 10 minute walk away (best fruit shakes!). It’s a busy area all day and all night, so if you are looking for a quieter place, this might not be the right location. But if you want the nightlife and to be around a lot of other party people, you are in the right spot.

One gripe I did have, although I know it’s for a good reason – just after sundown, I think they spray mosquito repellent in the open air hallways of the hotel. It’s a good thing, but that stuff they use gave me a headache every time I smell it (LOL!).

This was only the 3rd time I have been to Boracay in the past several years, so I cannot compare The District with many other places. But for what I know now after my stay, I do not think there is a better place for my family when we return. For the location, but mostly for the service, we will book our stay at The District again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rockit_65,

Warm greetings from The District Boracay, your contemporary boutique beachfront resort!

Thank you very much for the generous compliments about the resort. We are very happy to hear that you and your family had a great time during your stay, and we couldn’t be happier to hear of your intent to stay with us again on your next visit. I will ensure to pass this very valuable feedback to all our staff.

Our Housekeeping Team endeavors to provide all our guests needs, and we do apologize for the miscommunication about the towels. Rest assured that we’ve already addressed the issue, to ensure that this won’t happen again. We also sorry for the inconvenience that the fume of our insect repellent has caused you. The one that we are using at the resort is made from natural ingredients to ensure minimal effect to our guests without sacrificing its main purpose of protecting them from insect bites. We are already looking at other alternatives, ones with milder scent, to avoid the same experience from happening to our future guests. Thank you for pointing this out to us.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about The District Boracay, and we certainly hope to welcome you and your family back soon!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Was pleasantly surprised here and especially by the hospitality and high levels of customer service provided.

Rooms are clean and modern with the only minor gripe being the small shower and toilet,

Free internet is available throughout all of the resort. Also included in the price are the airport transfers which was a pleasant perk. The breakfast buffet also is quite impressive and included in our stay.

Within the hotel there is also a swimming pool which is clean and maintained well. No gym but hey you are staying on one of the greatest beaches in the world and exercise outdoors would be much more enjoyable.

Can't say enough about the staff though. They really do like to make sure that you enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Most rooms seem fine.There are some rooms which don't have full view of the swimming pool so if...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Andy A,

Thank you so much for the generous compliments about the resort. We are especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The District Boracay. We owe it to our guests to provide the most comfortable and hassle-free service at all times, and we try our best not just to meet but to exceed guests’ expectation.

We are also happy to hear that the location of the resort made it more convenient for you to enjoy everything that the island has to offer. We take pride in our resort’s prime beachfront location, which also provides the best spot to just enjoy the view, anytime of the day.

At the moment, we do not offer any fitness facility but we intend to put up a gym sometime soon, hopefully you'll get to enjoy this on your next visit.

Once again, thank you and we do hope to have you back at the resort again next time!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Great location, excellent service, nice and very clean rooms, good restaurants. The District is really a great choice in Boracay. We spent a week there las December and really loved it (family of 5 in two rooms). All the personnel treat you really well. I highly recommend it.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ch1020, Marketing & PR Supervisor at The District Boracay, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Boston2d,

Thank you so much for highly recommending us to your fellow travelers here on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that you had a great time at The District Boracay. It is of primary importance for us to make each stay a comfortable and memorable one, and every team member makes it a point to provide the most personalized service to all guests.

Once again, thank you for choosing The District Boracay and it was our pleasure to have you and your family at the resort! We hope you can come back and visit us again in the future.

Marketing and PR Supervisor

Been to The District Boracay? Share your experiences!