“Great location & comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
PHP7,336 (PHP)
Ranked #4 of 132 hotels in Boracay
Tokyo, Japan
“Great location & comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very convenient location.Easy access to the beach (just in front of seaside) & restaurants. Hotel size is good to me not too big or small. Amenity's lotion smells good (ordinary coconuts scent though). They don't have a bathtub & water pressure is pretty low, apart from those; I was very comfortable to stay there. I booked next trip already.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last week, it was beautiful. Perfect location in the centre of the resort and right on the amazing beach. Although in the centre the hotel is very peaceful and quiet. The staff are all very helpfull and friendly and the hotel is nice and clean and modern. Would strongly recommend!

Room Tip: Premier room was great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

As you may know, Station 3 is known for a wider beach and relative peace & quiet. Station 2, where the Boracay happenings are – shopping (D’mall), Food – restaurants, and bars. If you do decide to stay in Station 2, I highly recommend The District hotel. Though classified in trip advisor as a B&b, inn, it deserves the hotel monicker than most so called hotels in Station 2. Boutique hotel best classifies it.

Being relatively new, as soon as you enter the airconditioned lobby, you are greeted with the tranquility and the feeling of exclusivity and away from the hustle and bustle of station 2, yet you know, everything is just a few steps away. I guess the steeper prices keep the more noisy people away though there may of course be exceptions. The look and feel of the hotel transports you away from Station 2.

The hotel being small, the staff know you by name or at least by face. Sunday and the staff at reception are very accommodating as well as Edgar who manages the area near the beach. Welcome drinks of calamansi with mint as well as the cold towel was nice and refreshing. No problems encountered with check in and check out. Booked through Agoda and stayed for 3 nights. They do ask for P1500 cash deposit per night upon check in for incidentals so better be prepared for it. I didn’t inquire if a credit card will do. They do warn you of henna tattoo stains on the linen so better be careful so as to avoid a similar incident with the previous reviewer re linen stains.

True beachfront hotel with several lounges at the beach area. Further north of the the District hotel, in the general vicinity of the Astoria hotel is being used as loading stations for people taking the island hopping tours so that area may not be ideal for beach swimming.

The pictures I posted best describe the deluxe room we stayed in (102) as well as the hotel surroundings. We got a room on the first floor with easy access to the lobby and pools. Overall, the room was nice and met our expectations. 2 queen sized beds which can easily accommodate 2 people per bed. One end of the room has a sink, faucet area which has doors on both sides leading to separate shower and toilet stalls. This may be or may not work to your advantage depending on your preferences or how close you are to your room mate. Dressing up in the shower stall with the floor wet can be quite difficult. Some minor points though: An extra trash bin near the faucet area would be useful. The long table below the TV could use a couple of electrical sockets for plugging in a laptop. Lots of sockets though in the bedside table for the phone chargers. The light switches were of the 2 way type (could be controlled from the bedside table and bathroom or near the main door) – so switching on or off the lights could be a little confusing.

The 2 adjacent pools though small were nice and clean. It would have been better if the smaller one was shallow to accommodate small children instead of the deep seats type of a jacuzzi.

The property was spotless and clean. the lobby had a wooden floor which despite being predisposed to sand due to the people passing by, was always being cleaned. The hotel had a terrace on the 3rd floor which was wide and had several tables, lounges.

Didn’t eat in the restaurant so I can’t comment on the food.

If you are looking for a hotel in Station 2 look no further than The District – new, posh, quiet, great staff. My family including my 5 year old sonwould like to say thank you to the hotel staff for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for the weekend. The location is awesome, centralized in the bustling island, close to so many food/pub/massage options. The property is relatively new, and the rooms are very clean, well-equipped and comfortable. The pool is very nice too! I would definitely return to stay if I come back to Boracay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dalian, Liaoning, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My family booked at The District last December 13-16 and we were quite satisfied. What was very pleasant during our stay here, the staff were very courteous. I find the gesture of placing the hand near their heart/chest whenever they greet their guests is truly warming. The pool was very clean and the lifeguard/staff are always there to watch over my kids. The rooms we booked (deluxe room and deluxe suite) were spacious, clean, modern, and very chic! The location is perfect for our needs. Although it's at the center of the buzz and noise in Boracay, once inside the boutique, you won't be able to be bothered by such because it's quiet and peaceful. I'll definitely go back again in The District.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights for a get away vacation. This is my first time in Boracay, and the district hotel definitely impressed me. The location is top-notch, and the style of the hotel is simple, modern, and elegant. Staff are all very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is somewhat pricy but delicious. Love the lounge chairs...highly recommended this hotel for people who like modern living style.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I came to boracay with a friend for 5D4N. We were so glad that we managed to book The District just a few days before our trip since it's kinda a last min decision to travel here. The website of the hotel looks pretty good and it got us interested to stay there.

When we arrived (after different transfer, plane, land, boat.. Haha..), the hotel did not disappoint us! Service was excellent. The staff at the hotel greet us with smile and were professional hotel crew. Since hotel was fully booked, they upgraded us to deluxe suite. We also managed to check in 1hr earlier (cos the guest before us left early). These are bonuses to our trip of course.

The room was big, double-storey, clean and comfortable. Personally I think cleanliness and comfortability are 2 important requirement for the hotel I stay in. The District did not disappoint us in this aspect.

Our room booking doesn't come with free breakfast. I went for their ala-carte breakfast (buffet is available but I didn't take it). I ordered omelette (without onion & cheese), and it was very good. You can enjoy the sea view while enjoying your breakfast and it feels great! Most importantly, there are not a lot of flies around in the restaurant. I've been to other restaurants for meals in boracay and there were either flies or mozzies around, which is really annoying. Besides breakfast, I also had lunch, dinner and cocktail/wine at the hotel. Food taste good, though it's more expensive than other place (12% VAT and 10% service charge) can make your total bill amount to quite a lot of money.

This is a beachfront hotel and I really enjoy lazing at the sun loungers at the beach. I must really commend the man who's serving at the sun lounge area (wearing white polo t-shirt & berms, forgot to ask for his name). He is really friendly, helpful to the needs of the hotel guest. I appreciate the fact that he remember my name on the second day! Awesome service! :) Sunset view at the hotel was nice, but really depends on the weather.

There's a swimming pool too, although it is small, it was cozy and nice. I love to soak in the pool especially when the sea outside the hotel is filled with green seaweeds (or whatever you call it).

Location of this hotel is fantastic! Near to everywhere cos it's so centrally located! It's bustling with activities once you stepped out of the hotel cos of it's location.

On the whole, I really love the hotel and it makes my holiday really a holiday. Everything would have been perfect except that the hotel staff misinformed me of my check-out time. I requested for late check out on my second last day around noon time. The staff at the counter checked and told me that it will be alright and latest check-out time is 2pm. I took her words and did not ask for official confirmation. However a few hours later, when I receive a reminder note that said my check-out time is still 12pm. I was shocked and double-check with hotel again, to realize that I can't check out at 2pm since there will be guests checking in to my room. I was really upset with this miscommunication! I literally spoilt my last evening at the hotel! Not to mentioned that a waitress accidentally spill a glass of water at my table when we dine at the hotel's restaurant. :( I would have gave the hotel all 5 stars if these things did not happen.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to The District Boracay? Share your experiences!