“It's everything I love about Boracay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Isla Azul Boracay

Isla Azul Boracay
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boracay
Isla Azul Boracay
Station 2 | Balabag, Philippines   |
Ranked #75 of 174 Boracay B&B and Inns
Burbank, California
“It's everything I love about Boracay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I just recently returned from our 4th trip to Boracay. First let me get this out of the way... If you haven't been to Boracay, you want to go to Boracay. Since we've gone, we don't vacation anywhere else.

It's amazing to me how everyone else in the world knows it but North Americans are still clueless about this place. Check out Boracay.

One negative is the Speedo. Europeans looooooove to wear them... and I haaaaaaaate seeing them do it.

Okay, Isla Azul.

It's a small family owned place just a few minute walk to the middle of the beach. It's also just a block and a half from the main thoroughfare and all the local businesses. It's clean, safe and cheap. Now, normally I don't see "cheap" as being a big selling point when it comes to vacationing, but when you compare it to the big "expensive" resorts the choice is clear.

Big Comfortable Room (CHECK)
Ice Cold AC (CHECK)
Cable TV w/ HBO and other international channels (CHECK)

But Isla Azul excels in ways the big guys cant, and ways that I appreciate:

An On-site Owner/Operator (CHECK)
A Super Friendly Staff (CHECK)
1/4 - 1/8 The Price Of The Big Beach Resorts (CHECK)

And, on this last visit the owner has added yet another bonus. A cute motorcycle (and helmets) for guests to borrow whenever they want.

My husband and I used the bike 3 times to travel to the other side of the island. And it was FREE.

A great trip. I give Isla Azul 2 big thumbs up! (When you book your trip be sure to tell the owner, Vicki from California said hi!)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

3 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Durham, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

And we're going back in November of this year!

Great place... great price... the nicest woman who runs it and you can't beat it for cleanliness, safety and convenience. Literally go out your door and walk for 5 minutes and you are in the water at White Sand beach.

Amazing that it's so affordable, but I'm not complaining!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

If WIFI, central location, rate, safety and cleanliness are your top priorities, then Isla-Azul Boracay is your place to be. Situated in the locals area just two blocks from the main road, it is only minutes away from the Cagban jetty port. My commute time from the port to the hotel gate was about 15 minutes. It is walking distance to the grocery stores, coffee shops, restaurants and shopping areas (Talipapa). It is smack in the middle of White Sand and Bulabog beaches which are also within walking distance. Daily rate is cheap considering you get a spacious room size, modern interior, comfortable and clean beddings, a functional kitchenette -- not to mention WIFI is fast and FREE. I enjoyed my stay there in January 2012 and will definitely stay there again. Although near the lake, the hotel room was very quiet.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Isla Azul Boracay? Share your experiences!