“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Boracay Island New Wave Divers is dedicated to providing our students and divers with the best possible atmosphere with your safety being our top priority. We can proudly state we have the only clean air certification in Boracay and our team worked hard to achieve this and keep this available to our divers. We also have the only working AED on the island. At New Wave we strive to bring you a warm and welcoming experience with our PADI dedicated and trained staff from all around the globe. We cater to many different languages and cultures to bring you the best possible diving adventure. We also do our best to keep your comfort in mind in between dives while on the boat we have hot coffee and snacks to warm you up. We keep our gear serviced and well maintained with annual purchases to keep new gear rotating through the dive center. Please come join us for a fun and exciting adventure in the beautiful Boracay surroundings.
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I recently completed my PADI open water certification at New Wave Divers and I couldn't be happier with my choice of dive school. The overall experience, from my first email contact with Lynette, through to course completion was excellent and I couldn't find fault with anything. All of the staff were so helpful and friendly but I reserve special praise for Alex my course instructor. Alex was so accommodating from the moment I walked through the door helping facilitate squeezing the complete course workload into my short time in Boracay. With his scheduling skills and focus and patience while out on the water I managed to complete the course in the minimum of time.

The location of the shop on the beach near station 1 combined with the skill, attention and friendly attitude of the staff all combine to make this my number one recommendation for undertaking your open water dive course in Boracay.

I was also happy that I had completed my dive theory online in advance and I would highly recommend this to anyone considering taking the course. It will save you many lost hours studying in Boracay!

The dive locations chosen were excellent also and when everything is considered I would highly recommend New Wave Divers to anyone considering taking their PADI open water dive course in Boracay.

Visited October 2013

Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
“Best part of my trip to Boracay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

New Wave divers is amazing! My wife and I signed up to do our open water dive certification here and they were great from the very beginning. Our dive instructor was Alex. He was by far the most friendly person, EVER! He was calm and patient with us and he let us take our time with learning and getting certified. The experience was so great that we have no decided to do our certification in a month or two.

If you're in Boracay and if you're looking to go diving, I would strongly recommend new wave divers.

Visited September 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“Awesome Open Water Cert. Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Had a great time taking an Open Water cert course! Lynette (owner) sent same day responses to emails and everything was booked online and deposit was paid via Paypal. Everything this day and age should be so internet-friendly/easy!!! NWD even offers to book your hotel and airport/hotel transportation for you. If I hadn't already done so prior to contacting them, I would have gone ahead with it. Cannot recommend this place any more: professional, quick response, a bevy of new equipment, etc. More importantly, you don't get corralled onto a boat with a [--] of other newbie divers like cows with ADHD on parade as witnessed on other companies' boats that day -- so unsafe (to me anyway!). Mad thanks to Tony for braving the "rainy season" with me (you are stealthy as [--] and I hope to be a gliding aqua monkey like you one day), Lee (new instructor? who joined in on the 1st day), JP & the friendly/smiling office staff. Hopefully I can find a company just as awesome as you guys stateside! Peace!

Visited September 2013
Shanghai, China
“Excellent time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I did my Padi Open Water with New Wave. I chose them because they were very responsive to my email requests and addressed my questions, not like other dive shops who just send you their standard information. My stay with the team for 3 days confirmed my first impression. The guys are very nice and the program and timeline was tailormade to my own preferences. Alex is a great teacher. I would come back anytime when in Boracay.

Visited August 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“nothing to complain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Everything was smoothly and extereme friendly staff. Greeting to owners and of course dive instructor Tony ( who I believe is jealous that I saw blue octopus)

Always must complain something hmmm. maybe beer was slight expensive :)

Visited June 2013