“Best place to stay in Boracay” 5 of 5 stars

Hannah Hotel
Station 1, Balabag, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #39 of 190 Boracay B&B and Inns
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Best place to stay in Boracay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I don't know why this hotel has almost no reviews on tripadvisor. I found this hotel via Agoda, where it's rated very good and has a low price compaired with the rest of the hotels in Boracay. I'm so glad we picked this hotel to stay! It was superb! Very very friendly staff and owners, they help you with everything, what a service! It has the cleanest rooms I've ever seen (the rooms are cleaned every day), perfect beds and perfect airconditioning. The location is also perfect, near station 1, just behind the basketball field. Breakfast is freshly created for you every morning.
I want to go back to Hannah hotel! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This hotel is very small. quite secluded. But the service given was awesome. The owner by the name of Paolo, He was very helpful. gave me alot of tips to go around the island. Even tell me the fare to get to the places that i wish to go. Breakfast was just 2 slices of pancakes with mango bites and maple syrup, but do not under estimate it cause it taste wonderful. He is very nice and warmth. When we arrive, he welcome us by name which we were amazed. This is the first time we were greeted by name from this kind of low class hotel. But I would'nt want to rate this hotel as low class cos the service he gave is way better than 5 star hotels. But during our stay there is a balckout for 2 hrs. Totally pitched dark. But after that it was okay. Due to the rain the whole place was blackout with totally no lights accept candles. But his staffs is nice enough to give us a mini torch light than a candle just because I can't handle the heat of the candle. The next day Paolo apologies which we told him it wasnt his fault and shyly agreed. It was a great pleasure to be there. It was so near to Willy's rock which was just a walking distance. I was so happy that we stayed here because it was quite near to other attractions. But it was quite a distance if you want to go shopping. But no worries tricycle are over the place to get you there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Previously I have stayed in three different resorts in Boracay and for my latest trip I wanted to stay in still a new one. I stayed the longest so far (9 days) and I wanted to stretch my budget but not punish myself with a decrepit and roach-infested place.

I browsed through agoda and I found this interesting Hannah Hotel having a very attractive rate and high ratings from previous clients. So without any hesitation I booked for 6 nights.

LOCATION: It is not a beach front property but I did not care! For around $100 cheaper than those beachfront, crowded properties, Hannah Hotel is just a couple of minutes walk to the famous White Beach in the more private Station 1 where the finest and whitest beach sand can be found. [Station 1 is one of the 3 boat docking stations previously used but they were cancelled when the boat docking station was centralized at a port near the tip of the island near just across Caticlan port.] I always wanted to have this option to get away from the beach crowd when I wanted to and just enjoy the serenity and privacy of my room in seclusion away from the beach but not really far from it. If I wanted to dine on the beachfront, I have a lot of options to choose from and they are all a few minutes walk. So for the hotel location I would rate this as 4.5 stars out of 5 stars.

ROOMS: There are more or less 15 rooms in this boutique hotel and I was in my world when I was inside my room. There were times I could not even hear the heavy pouring rain. The rooms are really cozy, surprisingly clean and a bit spacious, albeit a bit lacking some really bright light if you want a real spotlight but it really made me always wanted to doze off. There is no table where I could put my laptop and only the TV rack and the side table with the lamp. I wanted a little more privacy so I always wanted to use my laptop inside my room. If there could have been tables on request then it could have been better. For the rooms I would rate this property as 4.5 stars out of 5 stars.

PEOPLE: The boutique hotel is run by the family owner. Paolo is managing the resort and he was at the front desk most of the time and her mother, 'Ate' Marissa, was always there to greet guests, to give tips on just about everything and to tell stories and all. Most especially she was there, in addition to Paolo, to make sure you were comfortable and everything was okay. The most touching part that they did was when they gave me some baked goodies and water when I was about to leave the hotel after having stayed there for 9 days. I was teary-eyed not wanting to leave the hotel and the island. I was even amazed that they still served my free breakfast even at past 12pm (beyond the 10am breakfast time) as they knew I was leaving that day. People rating for this hotel is absolutely 5 stars out of 5 stars.

As of now, this would be the hotel where I would stay during my next Boracay visits. I hate fancy hotels. I love hotels with a heart and Hannah Hotel is one. Indeed, it was a home away from home for me during my 9 days stay in Boracay.

Room Tip: choose Monica room where I stayed if you just need one queen size bed.