“Small hidden hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of One Azul

You added One Azul to your Saves list
One Azul
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Station 1, White Beach | Brgy. Balabag, Malay, Aklan, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #90 of 189 Boracay B&B and Inns
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Small hidden hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here for 3d/2n, hotel was a bit far from the beach and is at station 1, the happenings are mostly at station 2. The hotel is small, I think it only has 6 rooms. The rooms were a bit small as well. I don't recall the pictures taken by the reviewers to be the same as what we were given. There is wifi in the hotel which is a plus. During our stay there was some construction going on at the neighboring side so it was a bit noisy but it was ok. The concierge guy said that it was going to be a new hotel but not under them. They offer breakfast as well but you only get to choose from 5 dishes. It's a simple hotel, nothing fancy and nothing to rave about. You're only here to get some sleep. Most of the time you're on the beach anyway so this hotel is alright if you just plan to have a room to sleep in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

one azul is quite a distance away from the main road, so be prepared to walk 10mins with your luggage. however, feel free to ask for directions as the locals are really friendly.

we came across a nice gentlemen who was promoting sea sports and he brought us and our luggages all the way to one azul.

tucked away in a little corner of station 1, the littles rooms were really clean and neat. minimal facilities though. no hairdryer, no fridge. just sufficient hot shower water and clean toilets. the rooms are really small but it was big enough for a party of 2.

breakfast is provided by the little kitchen just downstairs, it has a lovely view of the white beach.
along the entire of stretch of the white beach, they're countless of restaurants/cafes/bars/food/drinks.

(i am not proud of this) but! I had a massive hungover one night and puked outside the door. the reception cleaned up after us and even gave me a warm cup of water without complaining.

i'll be back, hopefully with no more hangovers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I have been to Boracay many times , but this time I tried to look for a hotel that is up to par to my low budget travel. And thank GOD I came across this hotel ? Tucked away in station 1 AZUL is sandwiched between discovery and two seasons . This new hotel features very clean and modern rooms on a FRIENDLY budget.

Although it's quite hard to find it's all worth it ! It means you'll have a peaceful and relaxing VECATION away from the no ice in station 2 . And by the way did I mention the super friendly staff, and most of all their awesome beachfront ! BE back again !

Room Tip: Book early to avail of discounts !
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Makati City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

One Azul:

This is a small boutique hotel located in Station 1. For me, I wouldn’t stay in any other Station. It has the best stretch of beach, it’s quiet (most of the time), and it’s where all the really good hotels are (except for Shang and Asya Premier).

The hotel itself doesn’t have any frontage. Meaning the tricycle drops you off at an alley way (which is quite eerie at night and pitch black) by Seawind resort and you have to trek quite a ways to get to One Azul which is probably why the rates are low. The property is located behind/beside Kasbah restaurant and surrounded by two other budget hotels and a few stall type eateries. With it being a budget hotel, please don’t expect 5 star service or even 3 star for that matter. It’s not beachfront per se, but they have sunbeds right in front of the beach.

Rooms:
The rooms however are brand new and modern. They come with a flat screen TV and ample toiletries. Get the rooms on the ground floor, beach level. Aside from the Ocean suite these are the biggest rooms, though only the Ocean suite has a small view of the Ocean and its bathroom has only a curtain for a door, which to me doesn’t make any sense since it’s good for 3-4 people.

Food:
The hotel doesn’t have its own restaurant but does provide free breakfast from one of the eateries.

Verdict:

Will I stay here again? Maybe. If I’m on a budget and I don’t mind walking the distance to and from everywhere. But if you’re looking for a budget place to stay in Boracay in Station 1, I’ll choose this over Las Brisas and the other low budget hotel types.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the walk and are looking for a nice budget hotel then this should do it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

This hotel is hidden behind the moroccan restaurant Kasbah on Station 1. The rooms were small but very clean and the hotel is right on the beach. Stayed here with a few friends for a week at the end of January and had such a great experience. The beach wasn't crowded and was nicer than on Station 2. What really made the hotel great was the very nice and accommodating staff. Christine the coordinator, knows everyone by name, and the rest of the staff were very friendly. We didn't know how to get to the hotel our first night and two staff members waited outside for us until we arrived and carried our luggage to the hotel. The hotel is a little further from Station 2 (where a lot of the bars, restaurants, shops are located) but it is a short trike ride away. Definitely worth it if you want to get away from the noise.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I spent weeks looking for the perfect place to stay in Boracay last November 2011. By perfect I meant the following:
- beachfront
- comfortable and modern interiors
- secluded but with easy access to commercial and activity areas if we want to
- nice part of the beach
- budget-friendly

I took a risk with One Azul as there were no reviews yet. However, I knew that it was newly-built, and the pictures on their website showed interiors which looked comfortable and classy -- so unlike the tacky-looking budget hotels I was generally avoiding despite my limited budget.

Coordination with Miss Christine was very easy and efficient. She replied quickly to my text messages and emails. And all I had to do was deposit my payment and notify her to secure my booking. We extended by another night there and experienced no problems with this.

Location was excellent. This hotel is tucked between Boracay's high-end hotels and quite a walk from all the activities at Station 2. If you're not a fan of long walks along the beach you can take a tricycle. Beach is clean and free of boats.

The rooms were a bit small, but who goes to Boracay to stay inside their room, right? Pictures from the internet are the same as what you would see in real life. The room's cleanliness and overall interiors also ensure that you would get a good night's sleep. Linens and towels were clean and new. The channel options for the tv were very limited, I think their cable tv signal is faulty, but I hope it's resolved by now. Shower door also needs to be fixed. Breakfast is simple and prepared by the neighborhood kitchen. They give you the option of eating breakfast inside your room or eating by the beach (eat by the beach of course!).

I guess what really sets this small bed and breakfast apart from the others is the friendly staff. Kuya Jupy who mainly takes care of the needs of the guests knows how to balance friendliness and courtesy without being overbearing. I am not a fan of people trying to assist me in my every move, but Kuya Jupy always seems to know when we need fresh towels, when to clean our room, and if we need anything else. He will make sure the beachbeds and towels are waiting for you when you want to lounge. I think he also minds our belongings whenever we go swimming. One Azul's customer service was one of the things which made our first Boracay trip one for the books.

Overall a very good stay. I would recommend this for couples on a budget looking for some time away from the crowd. I would have loved to keep this hotel my own little secret. Looking forward to going back to Boracay and booking here again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Small bed and breakfast hotel tucked right behind Kasbah Restaurant. This hotel is between Discovery Shores and Ambassador Hotel. Open Beach of Station 1 in Boracay is just a few steps away. Rooms and bathrooms are small but very clean, and since we just used it for sleeping, then it wasn't a problem. Beddings and towels were clean and of good quality. Staff was super friendly and helpful, specially the Manager Cynthia. Didn't have hot water though in our room, but they're getting it fixed. Small sari-sari store (convenience store/stall) 4 meters across from my room (had the ground floor room) gave it a feeling of staying in a small village. Breakfast is basic filipino fare, but Aling Gloria who owns the kitchenette is a good cook. Overall good value for high season in Boracay.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are actually views of Discovery Shores Hotel. Ground floor rooms are good if you ha...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to One Azul? Share your experiences!