“Value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center

You added Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boat Station 2, Main Road, Barangay Balabag Malay, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #110 of 139 Hotels in Boracay
“Value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We paid for a cheaper price for the hotel, and as expected, we got what we paid for. Indeed, value for our money. With all the bad things I can write for this hotel, I must say the room was beautiful compared to Boracay Regency's. We were unfortunate because our room was situated beside an on-going construction site. Very noisy background. The room was quite far from the lobby. A long walking distance. The personnel at the Wave Rider was very insulting and looked very dirty. I scolded him and educated him about proper handling of guests. The wave surf pool didn't look clean that time and felt "yucky". Fortunately, the pool where the kids' slides are felt clean and my 2 yr old daughter really enjoyed it. I will still comeback to this hotel considering its price, location & room. For me, not bad at all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Overall experience was excellent, staff were great and are very accommodating to all your needs, Facilities and amenities were excellent, my kids absolutely love the wave pool and the golf cart rides to the beach. It's also only few minutes walk to the main beach front. The food there was also great. We will surely go back there, just need to save for it. Also special thanks to Joseph the Manager for making our stay wonderful. Thanks and God Bless.

Room Tip: Choose one facing the pool. Its a blast.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

1. My family of 5 booked a double room. My parents stayed in bed #1, while my sister and her husband stayed in bed #2. Obviously, I was left with no bed, so we asked the staff if they could lend me a folding bed, as other hotels would do. They said no. We said we can just pay for the extra folding bed, on top of the extra head charge. "Where I am I supposed to sleep? On the floor?" I asked them. They suggested I just book my own separate room--for a full price, of course. We pointed out that there were already 21 of us booked in 5 rooms, and we were willing to pay for an extra folding bed. They said no. Pissed, we just bought a cheap roll-up bed from the nearby market and placed it on the floor. My poor, aching back.

2. Their WiFi worked only if you went outside the room and lurked around the lobby or streets to find signal. It often didn't work, so none of us got decent WiFi during our entire 4-day stay.

3. There was no view or anything architecturally pleasant at the Annex. It looks more like an inn or motel. The front desk looked more like a walk-in closet. There are no elevators for the disabled and elderly. We had to cross over to the main hotel to use their pools, but guests still had to pay P1,200/hour to use the wave rider.

4. Today (Feb. 10) was checkout day. After we settled the bill, the receptionist told us we couldn't leave yet; the housekeeper had to inspect the room for damages and missing items before we were cleared. After 15 minutes, a frantic male staffer rushed to the front desk. He was clutching a white sheet and telling the receptionist about a stain. They showed us the white blanket and pointed out the "stain." I couldn't believe my eyes. I squinted to look at about 5 black dots--the size of 5 grains of Boracay sand. I thought it was a joke.

"That's henna!" said the guy in Filipino.

"Did you get henna tattoos?" the receptionist asked us.

"No! I'm allergic to henna," I answered. My blood started to boil.

We all explained that none of us got hennas. My sister's husband even started taking his shirt off and dared them to do a body search to prove that we're clean.

"This is very insulting," I explained. "And pathetic."

"Maybe it's hair dye," the guy said.

"What? Look, none of us dyed our hair this week. None of us got hennas. Maybe the sheet already had those little dots to begin with!" we explained. I was losing my temper.

"We would never place a sheet with dirt like that in the rooms," the guy explained in Tagalog.

"Look, what do you want? Do you want us to pay for the sheets? Go ahead, charge us. Just get it over with and let us go!" I said. "But expect me to write online reviews about how your hotel treated us."

"Wait, see if it washes off first," the receptionist told the guy.

10 minutes later, he came back with the wet sheet and said, "It washed off a bit, but it's still there."

"Oh my God!" I screamed. I told them how insulting, degrading, and pathetic this was. "Just charge us for the sheet so we can leave. But don't blame me if I write a review on tripadvisor and tell everyone about how you treated us," I said.

They receptionist and housekeeper looked at each other. The guy gave me an angry look, then told the girl in Tagalog, "Ok fine, never mind. Let them go."

Wow, Crown Regency, thank you for treating us like thieves--all for 5 dots on a white sheet. From now on, please place a giant sign on your entrance (and website) stating how anal you are about dirt and grime. This is my 10th time in Boracay, and I had far better experiences with cheaper guest houses.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here twice in 2013. September, for a convention and the second time for vacation with my husband in December.
My first stay last September was exceptional-- we stayed in a loft type room at the ground floor. What is exceptional about this hotel is their customer service. The Sales Director (mr wenie maligaya) our contact person for the entire convention just provided everything we needed ( even exceeds expectations in terms of customer service), the rooms division manager (jovy) and f&b manager (rico) were also very reliable, even the head of their security was just efficient.
Facilities of the hotel are nothing extraordinary, though the hotel is relatively new, some areas of the hotel seem "unfinished" but because of the excellent customer service (hotel staff - receptionists, housekeeping personnel, security waiters are well trained), I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel. I thought that they only gave "priority" customer service to us, since we organized the big convention -- but we got feedback from our delegates that they also received the same EXCELLENT SERVICE from the hotel staff. Food service to the thousands of delegates and exhibitors were also great, we received good feedback from them.
One downside I would say is the, POOR / NO SIGNAL in the convention area / some of the hotel rooms - but as confirmed with the sales director, this has been addressed- which is why cellphone signal has greatly improved in December when I went back. Hotel wifi is also only available at the common areas of the hotel.
My second stay here, december 2013 was with my husband, we stayed in their deluxe room and the room as also clean, though there is no view, the room was okay. Bathroom fixtures are maintained although some parts of the room had cracks already. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay here, as always, CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS EXCEPTIONAL, check in and check out were quick even if there were a lot of people. Buffet breakfast was nothing spectacular but it was not bad since the waiters / waitresses were just friendly, sensitive to the customer's requests - i think the way they train their staff is just excellent...

Overall, i would highly recommend the hotel for the ff reasons
1- EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE
2 - rooms are clean and spacious - bathroom fixtures are maintained (bathtub and shower rooms in the hotel are clean)
3 - there is a 24 hr convenience store at the lobby which has almost every basic necessity you would need

This is not a "beach front hotel", it may take a while if u wish to walkto the beach (10mims)
Most convenient is to take a tricycle to the beach at 10/pax or 50pesos (special); this hotel is highly recommended for those traveling in big groups / families

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the wave pool for a nice view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Overall, it was a generally pleasant stay with a lot of “buts”. I’ve read a lot of bad feedback regarding poor customer service but as far as we were concerned, they were very friendly and accommodating. I guess our timing was good since there weren’t too many people and we were lucky to have no check-in issues. The room is spacious and the beds are very huge and comfortable. The toilet and blacony were nice as well.
However, here goes the long list of “buts”.
- The entire hotel was huge with lots of buildings and rooms. The entire space in the middle of the hotel was taken up by the wave pools. There were no areas/paths to walk around except for the actual building hallways. It took us around 10 minutes to walk from the lobby to our room.
- The wave pool was interesting at first but it gets a little boring and tiring after a while. We would have preferred a normal pool which could at least reach chest-level. The pool is probably great for families with kids.
- The wave pool would have been more useful to us if the surfboards came at a cheaper rental rate and a no-instructor rate
- It was far from the beachfront and D’mall. We could have stayed at other less-famous beachfront hotels at less price and better service.
- Wifi was “free” but generally un-surf-able. I was wondering how it can be a convention center.
- The hot shower was not working on a cold January evening.
- One of the kitchen shelves got unscrewed after one of my friends put a cup of noodles on top of it.
- Checkout procedure took around 30 minutes.

Good thing was that we were all in good spirits during our stay, so we just laughed everything off. We got the room at a dealsite, so we pretty got good value for our money if we consider room comfort alone. I guess we were just lucky the place was not full. I pity those who will check in at this resort at peak seasons.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby if you don't want to spend 10 minutes just to walk from the lobby...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Let's see, where do I start? Check in, over an hour, room, a joke, no hot water, food, disgusting, Not a single item at the buffet I would even consider. Drugged and sad lion in the lobby for picture taking? No wifi in the room, one has to go to the lobby whereby I experienced the slowest wifi ever. Poor location. the whole place is a rip, nothing more. The owner of this resort should be jailed. When I got home, checked my bill, guess what, charged me for an extra night, said I didn't show? What, I was obviously there. If you want to experience a truly disgusting hotel experience, on par with swallowing your own vomit, then this is for you. The same company has a beach resort as well that is equally disgusting. Burn it to the ground, jail the owners.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel and the Crown Regency Beach resort. Find the owner, and jail them.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

It was my first resort in Boracay. Overlooking the swimming pool, the room still has a good view without beach. The hotel is newly-built but not well- maintained especially the old towel and the breakfast is a little bit poor because of too many guests. Anyway, it still remains one of the best choices in Boracay.

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the pool
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family