Overall, it was a generally pleasant stay with a lot of “buts”. I’ve read a lot of bad feedback regarding poor customer service but as far as we were concerned, they were very friendly and accommodating. I guess our timing was good since there weren’t too many people and we were lucky to have no check-in issues. The room is spacious and the beds are very huge and comfortable. The toilet and blacony were nice as well.
However, here goes the long list of “buts”.
- The entire hotel was huge with lots of buildings and rooms. The entire space in the middle of the hotel was taken up by the wave pools. There were no areas/paths to walk around except for the actual building hallways. It took us around 10 minutes to walk from the lobby to our room.
- The wave pool was interesting at first but it gets a little boring and tiring after a while. We would have preferred a normal pool which could at least reach chest-level. The pool is probably great for families with kids.
- The wave pool would have been more useful to us if the surfboards came at a cheaper rental rate and a no-instructor rate
- It was far from the beachfront and D’mall. We could have stayed at other less-famous beachfront hotels at less price and better service.
- Wifi was “free” but generally un-surf-able. I was wondering how it can be a convention center.
- The hot shower was not working on a cold January evening.
- One of the kitchen shelves got unscrewed after one of my friends put a cup of noodles on top of it.
- Checkout procedure took around 30 minutes.
Good thing was that we were all in good spirits during our stay, so we just laughed everything off. We got the room at a dealsite, so we pretty got good value for our money if we consider room comfort alone. I guess we were just lucky the place was not full. I pity those who will check in at this resort at peak seasons.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.