“pleasant stay, but will not stay again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boat Station 2, Main Road, Barangay Balabag Malay, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #104 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Manila, Philippines
“pleasant stay, but will not stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Overall, it was a generally pleasant stay with a lot of “buts”. I’ve read a lot of bad feedback regarding poor customer service but as far as we were concerned, they were very friendly and accommodating. I guess our timing was good since there weren’t too many people and we were lucky to have no check-in issues. The room is spacious and the beds are very huge and comfortable. The toilet and blacony were nice as well.
However, here goes the long list of “buts”.
- The entire hotel was huge with lots of buildings and rooms. The entire space in the middle of the hotel was taken up by the wave pools. There were no areas/paths to walk around except for the actual building hallways. It took us around 10 minutes to walk from the lobby to our room.
- The wave pool was interesting at first but it gets a little boring and tiring after a while. We would have preferred a normal pool which could at least reach chest-level. The pool is probably great for families with kids.
- The wave pool would have been more useful to us if the surfboards came at a cheaper rental rate and a no-instructor rate
- It was far from the beachfront and D’mall. We could have stayed at other less-famous beachfront hotels at less price and better service.
- Wifi was “free” but generally un-surf-able. I was wondering how it can be a convention center.
- The hot shower was not working on a cold January evening.
- One of the kitchen shelves got unscrewed after one of my friends put a cup of noodles on top of it.
- Checkout procedure took around 30 minutes.

Good thing was that we were all in good spirits during our stay, so we just laughed everything off. We got the room at a dealsite, so we pretty got good value for our money if we consider room comfort alone. I guess we were just lucky the place was not full. I pity those who will check in at this resort at peak seasons.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby if you don't want to spend 10 minutes just to walk from the lobby...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Let's see, where do I start? Check in, over an hour, room, a joke, no hot water, food, disgusting, Not a single item at the buffet I would even consider. Drugged and sad lion in the lobby for picture taking? No wifi in the room, one has to go to the lobby whereby I experienced the slowest wifi ever. Poor location. the whole place is a rip, nothing more. The owner of this resort should be jailed. When I got home, checked my bill, guess what, charged me for an extra night, said I didn't show? What, I was obviously there. If you want to experience a truly disgusting hotel experience, on par with swallowing your own vomit, then this is for you. The same company has a beach resort as well that is equally disgusting. Burn it to the ground, jail the owners.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel and the Crown Regency Beach resort. Find the owner, and jail them.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

It was my first resort in Boracay. Overlooking the swimming pool, the room still has a good view without beach. The hotel is newly-built but not well- maintained especially the old towel and the breakfast is a little bit poor because of too many guests. Anyway, it still remains one of the best choices in Boracay.

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the pool
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
adelaide
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed here for 8 days on a work trip we were first given a horrible room far walk from entrance of hotel my associate had payed for a junior double suite and once staff were notified and confirmed this we were moved to a much nicer townhouse loft style room near entrance to hotel it is a little walk to beach and if I went again I would choose to stay on beach instead of this hotel however if you were travelling with children this would be a good choice . Entertainment in reception including people dancing with fire etc,, I wad quite appalled by the disgraceful animal cruelty I observed at this hotel there was a extremely unhealthy lion on a chain in reception every day of my stay it was clearly sedated had bones sticking out everywhere and wouldn't have been far off death, it was just a miserable display I spoke to several tourists whom were about to get photo taken with animal about supporting this kind of display only encourages it to continue this seems to be a common thing in Asia as they are very money orientated. Also they did say there was a gym at hotel but there is not one on premises .

Room Tip: Don't go the basic upgrade...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed here for a night for a business trip. The function room is ok, the reception and food staff are ok. They have a nice pool with wave for controlled surfing. The hotel room is adequate in size and clean. Mine have a balcony and tub. However, there is no hot shower, and the maintenence never came when I asked them to check. I was also bothered with the loud noises in the corridor which I can clearly hear inside my room. The hotel too is quite a walk towards the beach. There are better hotels in the area for the same price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
new zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

An absolute disgrace from start to finish. We had booked 5 nights at this "4 star" joke of a hotel. Here are some of the problems we faced and saw.

- We arrived at 5pm on 28th December. The check in was pathetic. They had obviously overbooked the rooms and tried to put us over the road in the "annexe" which was a building site with bags of sand and wheelbarrows all over the place. We refused and they finally found us a room in the main hotel. But the air con didn't work. We finally got a room at 11:30 pm!! All we were offered was a stone cold buffet dinner. No financial compensation was offered despite the fact they had ruined our first night.

- A customer checking on at the same time as us had come all the way from Texas. He had booked the penthouse and 3 rooms only to be told they were not available when he arrived. He was screaming and swearing.

- Another guy told me he had booked 3 rooms for him and his family and asked for them to be next to each other. They were in 3 different blocks.

- Breakfast is poor and they have 2 chefs making omelettes and eggs. The queues are enormous.

- When all of the ATM's ran out of money on NYE they said they couldn't help us. We asked them to put a 10,000 peso charge on our room and we would pay it by card when we checked out but they refused. A good hotel bends over backwards to help its customers.

- They have drugged animals such as lions in the lobby. Maybe they should sort out their room issues before putting on cruel animal sideshows.

- Much of the hotel is not finished and looks like a building site.

- The room cost US$180 per night. I know we were staying over NYE but that was a disgrace. The hotel is no more than a 2 and a half star hotel. How they call themselves a 4 star I have no idea.

- The wireless internet only worked in the morning and not in the evening. That will be interesting when they are trying to attract business customers to their "convention centre"

- In their brochure they say they have a fitness centre. This is a complete lie. When I asked about it I was told "Maybe next year". Complete and utter false advertising which is against the law.

- We asked to speak to the manager 4 times one night but she came to us 2 hours later. Unacceptable!

Overall it is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in when you consider the service against the price. I have stayed in beach huts for $2 a night and backpacker dorms for $5 per night but they represent much better accommodation choices than this place when you weigh up all the issues. An utter disgrace. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I availed an overnight accommodation with this resort where in the check-in time is 2PM.. We were in the hotel just before 2PM. We did book 2 rooms and much to my dismay it was already 4PM and we're not yet checked-in! They said that the rooms are still being cleaned.. Oh my.. you have posted everywhere that your check-in time is 2PM, it is not acceptable for us to wait for 2 more hours especially for us who traveled as family and with lots of baggage. All of us are tired that time and wanted a bed where we could stretch and relax. We like to enjoy the white beach but our 2hours time was wasted as we have to wait for our rooms.. Very pooor service!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crown Regency Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!