“The staff was accomodating but the room was horrible!!!” 2 of 5 stars

La Oviedo Villa Resort
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Bulabog Area, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #84 of 188 Boracay B&B and Inns
Makati City
“The staff was accomodating but the room was horrible!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My friend and I purchased a 3D/2N voucher worth 1,500 from Metrodeal. My friend informed the manager that we will be going to Bora (and thus will be using the voucher) at a certain date and the manager even confirmed it twice via email. So we were shocked when the manager himself told us that their villas were fully booked. Mr. Emil told us that they still have another available room at the extension (which was nearer the beach from compared the their main hotel) but they have to charge an additional 1,500. Since it was near the beachfront, we thought that it was a good deal and we decided to get that room.

The extension was comprised of 2 rooms (up and down) and we got the one on the ground floor. The room has a toilet with shower, mini-ref, tv and a/c. The a/c does not work well, because when we went out in the morning and left it open and when we came back at around 5PM it was not yet "cold" inside the room. Second complain is that the shower don't have a heater, and that the toiler doesn't flush well. The water in the shower doesn't drain also, and there are lots of worms swimming in the stagnant water in the shower.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Masbate City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I and my family stayed there for 3Days/2nights(May 28-30, 2012) at P1,500.00 only courtesy of metrodeal voucher, we were'nt expecting at that amount we could have a great and relaxing vacation at La Oviedo Villa Resort. Sir Emil Oviedo and his staff are really friendly and accommodating. The location is quite near from station 1, 2 and d'mall boracay, they have affordable packages for the activities. Excellent and clean rooms and facilities made our stays more comfortable. If given a chance we love to be back at the said resort. Thank you Sir Emil for the warm welcome!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Purchased a voucher for a 3D/2N stay from Metrodeal but upon arrival, we were told that we could only use it for just an overnight stay since we availed it on a peak season. The problem is, the voucher says otherwise but since we just want to get over with it, the manager and i came to a supposedly win-win situation wherein he offered us a discount on our second night of stay. Instead of paying P1,500 for the second night, he agreed to give it to us at P1,000. Since this sounded "fair" to us we accepted his offer and decided not to transfer to another hotel the following day. However, to our surprise upon checking out, he told us that he will be charging us P1,500 since management has not approved the agreed rate of P1,000. we just couldn't help but raise our eyebrows. talk about good customer service and satisfaction and INTEGRITY. I just hope we would be the last to experience this. If they still have not improved on this matter then I would highly tell you to avoid this hotel as much as possible.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Parañaque, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed in this resort from March 23 - 25. I can say that the room is very clean, water is strong, i commend the resort for having a mini-ref in its room, and also the A/C is working. The location also is not a problem, since it is near d'mall and just few minutes away from the white beach. Some of the staff as well are friendly, some are not but it isn't a problem for us. I can say that are stay in this resort is OK.

Room Tip: Rooms 9 and 10 (where we stayed) is good :)
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Bacolod city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Getting the service more than what you deserve is one of the highlights of this place. Sir Emil and the whole staff are really friendly and accommodating. It's like being with family even if you're far from home. Thank you for allowing us to have a great time during our stay there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

It was a great stay and exprience in boracay. The resort is very accommodating and budget-friendly. Also has an excellent wifi-connetion... Thanks for Emil for reserving us the room, and to the friendly owner who gave us pancit canton for free..

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

After going through a lot of hotels and B&Bs online, I found this little gem of a resort.
I needed to have two rooms for two nights at a peak season (Chinese New Year), so most resorts rejected my requests for accommodations. Only Emil of La Oviedo promptly replied and gave me a commitment that he could reserve two rooms for me when I needed them.

Pros: This is a good and clean place to stay. It has the basic amenities - TV, aircon, spacious bed, hot shower - and really, if you're in Boracay, that's all you'll ever need. The rooms are also reasonably priced, and if you have a Metrodeal coupon, you might even get a 20% discount. The caretaker was also accommodating and helpful whenever we needed assistance in planning our outdoor activities. Other people might say that it's too far from the beach, but I appreciated how the walk to La Oviedo gave me a view of the community that thrived in Boracay, as well as the small eateries that offer great food at a reasonable price. La Oviedo is also near D Mall, so the walk to White Beach is not boring at all. Wifi signal is also very strong all throughout the resort, and it's for FREE!

Cons: If you are nitpicky about your room, this resort might not be for you. The lock to our bathroom is defective, there are only two pillows in the bed, the blanket is too thin, and there's no breakfast. But I slept comfortably in the resort, and for me, that's what matters. I also shared my room with friends, so the defective lock wasn't much of a problem.

Would I book myself to La Oviedo again? Definitely. Would I recommend it to friends? Of course!

Room Tip: Ask Emil the caretaker about the family room - if you're going as a group, this might be better...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to La Oviedo Villa Resort? Share your experiences!