“Crystal Sands will NOT disappoint.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Sand Beach Resorts

You added Crystal Sand Beach Resorts to your Saves list
Crystal Sand Beach Resorts
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Beachfront, Boat Station 1 Balabag, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #52 of 139 Hotels in Boracay
“Crystal Sands will NOT disappoint.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I came to Boracay for the first time for a 3 day stay during our 3 week visit to the Philipines, (also a first).
We stayed for 2 nights at another place the other side of the main road in station 3,1 minute walk from the beach.
Whilst wandering along the beach on the second day, we saw Crystal Sands and my wife fell in love with the location and expressed a wish that she would love to come back to Boracay and stay in the hotel as it had such a great view and was perfectly located for the beach, shops (D'Mall) and restaurants, plus all the activities I would want to do are situated a very short walk in either direction along the beach.
I decided to try to give her our last day and night at the hotel and enquired if the room was available. It was and we were even allowed to bring our belongings much earlier than the 2pm check in time.
From the moment we arrived, we were made so welcome, nothing was too much trouble for the staff who are the most friendly people we have encountered so far.
Our room was on the ground floor on the beach front with a private patio meaning we could eat and drink whilst enjoying the spectacular views.
We loved it so much, I negotiated another 2 nights stay totalling a 3 days and nights stay departing early on the 4th day.
We cannot fault anything about our stay here, the staff were fantastic, the food so good we did not eat anywhere else and the rates quite reasonable. The room was clean and cool and service was exceptional.
We have 1 day and night still to go before we return to Manila, if a room was available, we would stay till the end of our holiday! Guess what, I have booked and paid a deposit for a 3 week stay next year!!!
Stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights on the second floor. The room was comfortable, clean and functional. I enjoyed waking up early, sitting in front of the hotel overlooking the water as the sun came up. Very tranquil! Service was great, food was great. Location was very convenient to the beach, bars, restaurants and shopping. We'll definitely stay here again if we return to Borocay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was a walk-in. Arrived with no reservation and the duty manager gave me a great deal! The location is perfect! Beach front with just enough privacy and peace. The location gets the right amount of sun but the trees provide enough shade if you want it. The food is not great though. But the good restos are just a few steps away.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed in rooms 209 and 201 they are great basic rooms with airconditioning that are kept very clean. Staff are helpful and efficient and the hotel is absolute beachfront. A nice breakfast is included each day

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the beach
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed for only one night on 2nd september and I have the highest regards for them. I arrived in the evening and they have put up a great board welcoming my family. I was really impressed by its location , just 20 metre rs from the sea. I booked their deluxe room and it had a beautiful huge balcony overlooking the blue sea and white beach. The staff were so helpful, courteous and well trained. One thing that astonished me was that, when I asked for an Indian Hotel to dine the front office staff Ms.Paz had accompanied my family up to the Hotel. You will not get this service anywhere in the world. In the middle of the night, when I asked for water, the security staff had rushed and bought a mineral water bottle in 2 minutes. Everything about the Hotel is nice. it's very clean, neAt, well located, good staff and I highly recommend for all!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Lovely hotel, amazing location! the view from room 209 is juts breathtaking! Basic decor and facilities, but staff is really helpful and polite, so couldn't fault it in any way.
The only problem was, that our room had the noisiest aircon ever! but you do get used to it...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

It has now been 12 days since i stayed in Crystal Sand Resort and I m still itching and in serious discomfort from being savaged by bed bugs there. I ve travelled a lot in the past 15 years to various parts of the world, stayed in cheaper and more basic accommodation and never had this happen to me before.

A doctor on the island confirmed it was bed bugs ( as my GP has since returning home ) but the owner of the hotel insisted they were "sand flies" and denied responsibility. I checked out immediately and they didn t even have the decency to try and make amends or apologise and to their shame even charged me for soft drinks from the mini bar.....

It raises serious questions about the hygiene there - if you fancy your holiday being ruined and the disgusting feeling of having been eaten by these foul creatures stay at Crystal Sand, Awesome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo