“Mixed experience, probably because of the typhoon rather than the place itself” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spider House Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Spider House Resort to your Saves list
Spider House Resort
Diniwid Beach, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #24 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My experience at Spider House Resort was mixed, this is probably because of Typhoon Haiyan which passed nearby and caused damage though.

There was no hot water, wifi, dessert (I like ice cream) or electricity during the day time while I was there! Despite these issues, clearly caused by the devastating typhoon and not necessarily a reflection of the place itself there were some issues.

Such as, even when the power worked at night there were only two small fans to cool the room. It can get hot in the room especially with the morning light shining through the curtains and bamboo shades.

Also, 90% of the time the staff were excellent except one or two who did seem to have an attitude problem. Especially when the bartender short changed me on purpose, well, didn't give back any change at all. Also, when inquiring about my reservation payment the staff said they would follow up on it, over the course of three days they never did. It was only resolved when one of the other staff members who knew the answer to the question resolved it then and there. It could have been resolved earlier if they followed up on my requests.

Despite these issues, 90% of the staff provided excellent service and I feel alot of the negatives were probably just stressors from the typhoon.

I recommend it, especially for the food/views!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at Spider House was the start of our world travels and what a start it was. We were so spoiled that it is difficult for anywhere to live up to the high standard.

Spider House has a great location on the edge of the beautiful and peaceful Diniwid beach. The views from the rooms are sensational, the swimming from the restaurant amazing, jump off at high tide into the clearest blue water.

On top of all this our stay was made extra special due to the excellent service. In particular thanks to Paul and Carlo you made our stay so memorable.

• Stayed October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I really enjoyed the location and the ocean view of the rooms. The staff were really nice. Perfect place for just enjoying the ocean and relaxing...working for the weekend (which was the case for me since I was on business from Manila).
Excellent night swimming and views!
Only complaint is the food..needs improvement..skip breakfast bread was not very good..Nami rest next door is good..and has a nice view.
I would only order the prawn sushi again...the rest I did not enjoy. Also, they cook with palm oil which gives a bad odor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My friend and I were going to stay in Spider for three nights. But after first night we prolonged our staying for three days more. It's just an amazing hotel and it was great expirience for me! You can hear the whisper of waves all the night, feel the breeze just right in the room, watch incredible view around... Only you and nature, relaxing of mind, freedom... There are almost no walls and no windows, only bamboo floor and cotton curtains... Hotel location is ideally in my opinion. There is its own small beach beside the hotel (Diniwid). And it's also easy to get Station 1 and White beach (around 20 mins by walk). The staff was very friendly and welcoming (thank you guys!) we enjoyed our staying so much.. The food was also perfect and the most delicious shake i tasted there. I just fell in love with this place and if i get the chance to go back to Boracay i'll stay definitely in Spider <3

Room Tip: The corner room (#1) is really big and has one of the best view in the hotel (IMHO).
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My friend and I just stayed at Spider House. The location is so beautiful. Diniwid Beach is just perfect. It is quiet and has gorgeous white sand and turquoise water. The food is great, the rooms are comfortable and have lovely views, but the staff at Spider House are by far the best thing about staying here. They are all so warm and helpful. I was happy we chose this as our Boracay home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dongducheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Spider House Resort was a pretty cool stay, it felt like a fantasy club house that I always wanted when I was a kid. I love how the layout of the place felt very organic and not merely rooms that were stacked on top of and beside each other. The view from the bar area was great and the staff were very friendly.

I do have a few complaints though. Since it's an open air room, there is no air conditioning and it can get very hot at times. I knew this before I booked the room though and I thought it would be cool, but I think I would have much rather preferred the comfort of a room with AC. The bathroom's were a bit subpar in my opinion as well. The free wifi signal from my room was very strong though. There were even some gentlemen that helped carry my bags over the beach to the hotel (or at least the said the worked there) were we got dropped off by the trike.

The atmosphere of the place is quite magical. However, if you prefer the comforts of air conditioning, television, and room service, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was the most amazing place to go on a vacation that I can imagine. What a unique experience. The staff was awesome. The atmosphere it provided is something you wouldn't get at a 5 star resort, the location was perfect. I can't say how much I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Spider House Resort? Share your experiences!