“nice view, nice place, and most of all...nice staff” 5 of 5 stars

Spider House Resort
Diniwid Beach, Philippines   |
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Boracay
Taipei, Taiwan
“nice view, nice place, and most of all...nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stay there for 3 night and I have great time over there. People over there are friendly and significant view from my balcony..every thing is so great and you have to come here once in you life. One night, there is typhoon, staff changes my room immediately with charge, so I can have a good sleep. I am so touching....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Me and a friend stayed here for three nights. It was a perfect true Philippine experience. Open air room with so much comfort. If you would like breakfast included in your stay, book online. The food was good and also a few restaurants around. Spider house is only a fifteen minute walk along the beach away from the main beach. The beach outside spider house was quite dirty but we put that down to the month of staying.

• Stayed October 2013
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This resort seemed very ideal for my friend and I because we didn’t wanted to be bothered by all the beach vendors on the touristy, White Beach area--and we were correct by choosing Spider House on the Diniwid Beach which was very secluded from other resorts and tourists. Additionally, the ocean view and waters were amazing~!!! Also, if you want to check out all the restaurants and shops it is very easy to get to White Beach (Station One) via tricycle for only 100 pesos (FYI: make sure to have small bills, because it was difficult to get change).

If you’re worried about transportation to the resort, I believe the updated Spider House website now has arranged transportation from the airport to the resort. Also, if you search Boracay Island Reviews “GREAT TRANSPORTATION [From Boracay Caticlan Airport to hotel on Boracay Island” by Kayla Kayoung] it explains how we got to Spider House hassle free and it was reasonably priced.

So on, the Spider House food was so delicious and it was great to get the welcome drinks once we arrived. The staff and security guards were very helpful and friendly--they always seemed ready to answer any questions every time we walked by their station. Next, our room was spacious with an ocean side view. We also had to climb a short ladder to even enter our room, which was exciting. My friend and I decided to get a room with our own bathroom, which was nice (it also might be smart to have sandals to shower in). Lastly, this place had the best water PRESSURE out of all the hotels we stayed in while in the Philippines (We stayed in 5 different hotels ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

Don’t Be Afraid :-)
Choosing this resort I knew that it would be a bit more outdoorsy (so don’t expect a 5-star resort). Our room had a tree literally going through it, which made the experience that much better; however, there are insects at the resorts, but the spider net provided did a good job keeping out any pesky mosquitos. Anyway, I do have a very strong aversion towards insects. But dealt with a few ants, spiders, and other random bugs and I survived just fine. So if there are any other travelers not fond of insects don’t be afraid, because the stay here will be worth it :D

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The best resort I have stayed in! My partner and I were awed by the amazing ocean view. The rooms were absolutely cozy and perfect. The food was delicious, and the welcome drinks were great. We could pick one drink each from the menu for free. My only regret was not jumping from the restaurant to the sea down below. Until now I am still amazed by the great ocean view. Waking up with the ocean right in front of you is one of the best experiences ever. When I go back to Boracay, there will be no other option but to stay at Spider House again. The staff and the guards were very friendly, and made us feel right at home. The manager even lent me his charger because I lost mine at the airport.

Already, I have friends inquiring on where I stayed when I uploaded just a single photo on Facebook. What more when I post the whole album. I would also like to thank Noy of Diniwid for giving us great rates for our activity packages and being a great tour guide.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My girlfriend and myself stayed in the Spider in September, 2013. We found the place absolutely amazing. The place is located a bit out from the main tourist area which makes the place quiet and charming.

The house is well connected to the nature of Boracay. Cottages are made of bamboo. The decoration includes banana leaves and shells.

We stayed in the superior room, which had two twin bed with mosquito canopy nets, bathroom and a large storage area. We had a big balcony with a stunning ocean view. There wasn't air condition, however there were two big fans.

The staff is possibly one of the strengths of the Spider House. Everyone was friendly, helpful, approachable and caring. They definitely know how to go the extra mile. I would like to take the opportunity to say thank you to Carlo, who was extremely helpful and for any future visitors i highly recommend to spend a day out with him sailing in the Spider House boat.

The food was really good, simple, fresh and great value. I recommend the philippine breakfast and the calamaris and the Mango shake.

The palce is very safe and there is a 24h guard at the entrance.
I will definitely recommend this place for anyone but specially to those who are looking for a rustic, traditional and more natural oriented holiday.

shh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Spider house is a natural house ,very close to the view. superior room have 6 styles to choose ,each room has different style ,must be know cleanly before you decision. suggest take a flashlight with you .friendly staff.

Room Tip: room number is RM B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Most memorable stay in our lifetime so far! I arrived around 7pm and it was already dark. Moment we get off the transport we could see the skies were filled with stars. The next morning, we were greeted by sounds of waves crashing on rocks. The water was crystal clear and the sea bed were comfortably filled with very fine sand and no rocks or sea urchins. And the water level were just nice for swimming/dipping in the sea. There was even a platform where you could jump straight down (ard 5m) to the sea. Heavenly! No breakfast was included but they do sell breakfast on their menu and it was great and value for money, considering the view that you have while enjoying your breakfast. Me and my fiancee spent the whole day and night sitting at their restaurant area (which is right above the water) reading our books, having lunch and dinner, seeping ice cold beer and jumping into the water whenever we feel like it. It was truly the best and most beautiful stay we had thus far. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. The food was good in my opinion and not too expensive. Even though the room does not have TV, air-con or fridge, we really enjoyed our stay there and hope to go back soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Spider House Resort? Share your experiences!