“Spider House was a great experience~!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Spider House Resort
Diniwid Beach, Philippines   |
Ranked #14 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Park City, Utah
“Spider House was a great experience~!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This resort seemed very ideal for my friend and I because we didn’t wanted to be bothered by all the beach vendors on the touristy, White Beach area--and we were correct by choosing Spider House on the Diniwid Beach which was very secluded from other resorts and tourists. Additionally, the ocean view and waters were amazing~!!! Also, if you want to check out all the restaurants and shops it is very easy to get to White Beach (Station One) via tricycle for only 100 pesos (FYI: make sure to have small bills, because it was difficult to get change).

If you’re worried about transportation to the resort, I believe the updated Spider House website now has arranged transportation from the airport to the resort. Also, if you search Boracay Island Reviews “GREAT TRANSPORTATION [From Boracay Caticlan Airport to hotel on Boracay Island” by Kayla Kayoung] it explains how we got to Spider House hassle free and it was reasonably priced.

So on, the Spider House food was so delicious and it was great to get the welcome drinks once we arrived. The staff and security guards were very helpful and friendly--they always seemed ready to answer any questions every time we walked by their station. Next, our room was spacious with an ocean side view. We also had to climb a short ladder to even enter our room, which was exciting. My friend and I decided to get a room with our own bathroom, which was nice (it also might be smart to have sandals to shower in). Lastly, this place had the best water PRESSURE out of all the hotels we stayed in while in the Philippines (We stayed in 5 different hotels ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

Don’t Be Afraid :-)
Choosing this resort I knew that it would be a bit more outdoorsy (so don’t expect a 5-star resort). Our room had a tree literally going through it, which made the experience that much better; however, there are insects at the resorts, but the spider net provided did a good job keeping out any pesky mosquitos. Anyway, I do have a very strong aversion towards insects. But dealt with a few ants, spiders, and other random bugs and I survived just fine. So if there are any other travelers not fond of insects don’t be afraid, because the stay here will be worth it :D

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The best resort I have stayed in! My partner and I were awed by the amazing ocean view. The rooms were absolutely cozy and perfect. The food was delicious, and the welcome drinks were great. We could pick one drink each from the menu for free. My only regret was not jumping from the restaurant to the sea down below. Until now I am still amazed by the great ocean view. Waking up with the ocean right in front of you is one of the best experiences ever. When I go back to Boracay, there will be no other option but to stay at Spider House again. The staff and the guards were very friendly, and made us feel right at home. The manager even lent me his charger because I lost mine at the airport.

Already, I have friends inquiring on where I stayed when I uploaded just a single photo on Facebook. What more when I post the whole album. I would also like to thank Noy of Diniwid for giving us great rates for our activity packages and being a great tour guide.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My girlfriend and myself stayed in the Spider in September, 2013. We found the place absolutely amazing. The place is located a bit out from the main tourist area which makes the place quiet and charming.

The house is well connected to the nature of Boracay. Cottages are made of bamboo. The decoration includes banana leaves and shells.

We stayed in the superior room, which had two twin bed with mosquito canopy nets, bathroom and a large storage area. We had a big balcony with a stunning ocean view. There wasn't air condition, however there were two big fans.

The staff is possibly one of the strengths of the Spider House. Everyone was friendly, helpful, approachable and caring. They definitely know how to go the extra mile. I would like to take the opportunity to say thank you to Carlo, who was extremely helpful and for any future visitors i highly recommend to spend a day out with him sailing in the Spider House boat.

The food was really good, simple, fresh and great value. I recommend the philippine breakfast and the calamaris and the Mango shake.

The palce is very safe and there is a 24h guard at the entrance.
I will definitely recommend this place for anyone but specially to those who are looking for a rustic, traditional and more natural oriented holiday.

shh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Spider house is a natural house ,very close to the view. superior room have 6 styles to choose ,each room has different style ,must be know cleanly before you decision. suggest take a flashlight with you .friendly staff.

Room Tip: room number is RM B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Most memorable stay in our lifetime so far! I arrived around 7pm and it was already dark. Moment we get off the transport we could see the skies were filled with stars. The next morning, we were greeted by sounds of waves crashing on rocks. The water was crystal clear and the sea bed were comfortably filled with very fine sand and no rocks or sea urchins. And the water level were just nice for swimming/dipping in the sea. There was even a platform where you could jump straight down (ard 5m) to the sea. Heavenly! No breakfast was included but they do sell breakfast on their menu and it was great and value for money, considering the view that you have while enjoying your breakfast. Me and my fiancee spent the whole day and night sitting at their restaurant area (which is right above the water) reading our books, having lunch and dinner, seeping ice cold beer and jumping into the water whenever we feel like it. It was truly the best and most beautiful stay we had thus far. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. The food was good in my opinion and not too expensive. Even though the room does not have TV, air-con or fridge, we really enjoyed our stay there and hope to go back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here with 2 friends and we absolutely loved it. We were going to mix it up and stay somewhere else the second half of the week but once we got to Spiderhouse and had a look around at the other places we couldn't leave. It is a bit further away than the main area - which is part of the charm. The staff were fantastic - esp Nora and the lovely cleaner who sang all the time. The place itself is stunning - with bamboo steps going down from the restaurant straight into the aqua ocean. This is a rustic place so don't stay here if you're a bit precious- as there is no air con etc. But otherwise stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Spider House was even better in real life than the pictures show. The bamboo deck of the restaurant/bar area was gorgeous and made for a perfect chill out/cocktail drinking/eating spot. They also just finished an extension to the deck at the end of our stay which made it even better!

Boracay was stunning and there was plenty to do but Spider House provided a reprieve from the constant noise and hustlers asking every few footsteps if we wanted to buy something, do this, do that (not unlike any other similar holiday destination). The staff was well connected so we were able to ask for various things like snorkeling equipment, arranging a boat trip, other water activities and how much we should pay for things. Further to that they were super friendly - relaxed. Special mention goes to the cleaner who was always so infectiously happy and bubbly: liked singing Christmas carols!

The rooms are clean and bright and airy. All beds are covered by a mosquito net and have a fan nearby (ours did anyway and I looked in at a few other rooms that did too). The water/shower worked and was clean, the beds were fine and it felt private and secure. There was one day where there was a black out but that happens across Boracay from time to time. WiFi was fabulous - no issues there.

In terms of getting in to town, the tricycles were a short walk away and it cost 100 pesos for the 3 of us to get to D'Mall (the main shopping hub with lots of restaurants/bars and bright lights). 100 pesos in AUD is about $2.70 (circa Sep 2013). Otherwise take the scenic route and go along the shoreline around the rocks to get to White beach which took all of 15 mins (a little more precarious at night but still manageable with a phone light and a companion or more); the walk to station 1 is a little longer (30 mins) but there are restaurants and places to eat just on the other side that are again a little away from all the noise and chaos. Kasbah is recommended and I think the Bar at Fridays looked OK!

Spider House was a little couple-y but so is everywhere in Boracay. People go to Spider House for the bar/restaurant so there is a mix of social visits, honeymooners and others - it was not an issue.

My only complaint was the music - but I have to say that the music throughout Boracay was predominantly atrocious!! so not exclusive to Spider House. It's all about local covers of top 40 songs?? Towards the end we asked to play our own music through the sound system which they were happy for us to do.

Overall I would definitely recommend Spider House. The staff were wonderful, it was clean, gorgeous outlook, wonderful building/structure, good food (banana pancakes for breakfast!), good location and sssoooooo relaxing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Spider House Resort? Share your experiences!