“Very cool hotel in a very cool location” 5 of 5 stars

Spider House Resort
Diniwid Beach, Aklan Province, Philippines   |
Ranked #24 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
Hoi An, Vietnam
“Very cool hotel in a very cool location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We only stayed here for one night - since that was the only fee night they had on our visit - but it was definitely worth it! The hotel is very quirky and lives up to the name of a spider house.

By far the best thing was the amazing location. It is further away from the crowded beaches and the front deck has a bamboo ladder straight into the ocean. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Roxas City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have been to Boracay so many times but nothing can compare the experience I had with my stay @ spiderhouse. We stayed there for 3 days and my kids surely enjoyed it to the maximum level. They have a secret cove hidden below the rocks . My kids loved to swim there. We had a fabulous view of the ocean on our standard room 2. My favourite place is the balcony where I can see the horizon, a conducive place to commune , appreciate the beauty of God’s wonderful creations.
We had an early morning swim to start our day and looking forward to a hearty breakfast @ their restaurant. Their mango pancakes are heavenly. Price was reasonable enough. It is also very nice to have a night swimming there where you can swim towards the floating bamboo raft. You can just lay there and see the glittering night sky. They have their own Spiderhouse pumpboat anchored nearby for those who want to go tanning during daytime. Nets are attached beside the bamboo poles so you can lay down endlessly and enjoying the sun.
We had a shared bathroom for 2 standard rooms but it was not a problem. During our stay there, I didn’t encounter a conflict of schedule for our toileting habits or bathing schedules. Some guests wake up late while others wake up early like us. It was big , clean and water pressure was strong. There is another restroom downstairs in the restaurant area. The staffs have a different restroom/bathroom of their own.
You can take a 10 minute adventure walk along the rocks beneath a cemented footwalk in going to station 1,2,3. If you don’t like walking, there is tricycle terminal on the road going to White beach.
Staffs are excellent and very friendly! They see to it that our every need is taken care of from the time we arrived until we leave. My kids loves to hang out on the restaurant because they’ve made friends with Manang Carol.I’d like to thank Hydee ( the cashier) who is ever accommodating to all my inqueries. The security guards and the maintainance man Leo who are all very friendly. True enough we feel we are part of the Spiderhouse family. We will cherish the memories and experience that we had during our stay there. This is not a 5 star resort hotel with all the first class amenities but the uniqueness of the place and the services of the staff makes it no.1 in the hearts of their guests.
We can’t wait to come back here again! Keep up the good job that you have been doing for spiderhouse – a vacation place in Boracay that is worth looking forward to!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had seen the pictures and actually had a friend living in Boracay recommend this place so my expectations were quite high. Before you get to reception you walk along the water, through a cave and arrive. There were 4 people in my group and the whole day we just kept saying wow, and now on day 5 we are still saying wow. The bar/restaurant area is amazing, over the water and has an incredible charm. They added a sushi bar recently and it's perfect for sunset snacks. Staff is super laid back and very helpful. The rooms great, they have fans but no A/C, if you're expecting a luxury room you're not going to get those amenities here but you will get a place unlike any other I've ever come across. It's by no means 'roughing it' but expect to see some critters, all the rooms are open to the fresh, warm tropical air. It's a short ride to White Beach and all the night life, but you're far enough away to avoid the massive crowds and crazy party kids. Some nights were pretty hot but the fans worked perfect. I've been traveling for about 4 years with work all over the south pacific and Asia and this is by far the 'coolest' place I've ever stayed. Can't wait to come again, but next time I'll be staying longer

Room Tip: Room 10 was amazing
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We found this place by searching on here. Reading all the previous reviews we just had to go and find out what the fuss was about. To be honest, I don't know where to start. I was worried about the bats and Mosquitos etc but it really isn't that bad. The rooms all have nets over the beds so it's not a problem, I did have ear plugs in though as the fans can be a little noisy. But approaching the place from Diniwid Beach looks like something out of Peter Pan, it's truly was magical. Walked through a cave and up some steps where we were met by some security guards, they made you feel very safe. Once we checked in we were given welcome cocktails (so nice) and we rested in our room. We had the Sunset Room which was amazing, it's right next to the bar but the bar I think closes around half 10 at night so it never disturbed us. The room was amazing with our own en-suite and private steps down to the sea. We had the perfect view of the sunset every night. The only downside was we only booked it for 3 nights and wished we could have stayed for longer. Thanks to Paul the manager and his team for making us very welcome.

• Stayed April 2013
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a big group of 7 guys and stayed one week. Never been on such a location. It's perfect, literally on the water. Our room was almost like open space, really enjoyed it. Sunsets from here might be the best in whole Boracay. And it's awesome to wake up in the morning when the light sea wind comes in to your room.

Diniwid beach is also away from the hustle and noise of the main White Beach, which is good. But you can either walk there through the beach or take a short tri-cycle ride.

Management and workers are very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere is relaxed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

There are have excellent view, relax environment, and very nice host.
We stayed 3 night, felt very well.
We don't speak English very well, but still really convenience.
And I commend reason, just like other person same.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seoul,Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I didn't stay there but enjoyed lunch with Philippines style food.
The occean view and clelan blue water was so beautiful and I will visit again for snorkeling.

Just relaxing and looking at the ocean made me as if I am in the heaven.
Staff was so kind and food was delicious and clean prepared where I can see how they cook.

Just for lunch and swimming is okay and strongly recommendable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Spider House Resort? Share your experiences!