“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 132 Hotels in Boracay
San Diego, California
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had seen the pictures and actually had a friend living in Boracay recommend this place so my expectations were quite high. Before you get to reception you walk along the water, through a cave and arrive. There were 4 people in my group and the whole day we just kept saying wow, and now on day 5 we are still saying wow. The bar/restaurant area is amazing, over the water and has an incredible charm. They added a sushi bar recently and it's perfect for sunset snacks. Staff is super laid back and very helpful. The rooms great, they have fans but no A/C, if you're expecting a luxury room you're not going to get those amenities here but you will get a place unlike any other I've ever come across. It's by no means 'roughing it' but expect to see some critters, all the rooms are open to the fresh, warm tropical air. It's a short ride to White Beach and all the night life, but you're far enough away to avoid the massive crowds and crazy party kids. Some nights were pretty hot but the fans worked perfect. I've been traveling for about 4 years with work all over the south pacific and Asia and this is by far the 'coolest' place I've ever stayed. Can't wait to come again, but next time I'll be staying longer

Room Tip: Room 10 was amazing
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We found this place by searching on here. Reading all the previous reviews we just had to go and find out what the fuss was about. To be honest, I don't know where to start. I was worried about the bats and Mosquitos etc but it really isn't that bad. The rooms all have nets over the beds so it's not a problem, I did have ear plugs in though as the fans can be a little noisy. But approaching the place from Diniwid Beach looks like something out of Peter Pan, it's truly was magical. Walked through a cave and up some steps where we were met by some security guards, they made you feel very safe. Once we checked in we were given welcome cocktails (so nice) and we rested in our room. We had the Sunset Room which was amazing, it's right next to the bar but the bar I think closes around half 10 at night so it never disturbed us. The room was amazing with our own en-suite and private steps down to the sea. We had the perfect view of the sunset every night. The only downside was we only booked it for 3 nights and wished we could have stayed for longer. Thanks to Paul the manager and his team for making us very welcome.

• Stayed April 2013
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a big group of 7 guys and stayed one week. Never been on such a location. It's perfect, literally on the water. Our room was almost like open space, really enjoyed it. Sunsets from here might be the best in whole Boracay. And it's awesome to wake up in the morning when the light sea wind comes in to your room.

Diniwid beach is also away from the hustle and noise of the main White Beach, which is good. But you can either walk there through the beach or take a short tri-cycle ride.

Management and workers are very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere is relaxed.

Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

There are have excellent view, relax environment, and very nice host.
We stayed 3 night, felt very well.
We don't speak English very well, but still really convenience.
And I commend reason, just like other person same.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seoul,Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I didn't stay there but enjoyed lunch with Philippines style food.
The occean view and clelan blue water was so beautiful and I will visit again for snorkeling.

Just relaxing and looking at the ocean made me as if I am in the heaven.
Staff was so kind and food was delicious and clean prepared where I can see how they cook.

Just for lunch and swimming is okay and strongly recommendable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a wonderfully unique hotel, which sits overlooking one of Boracays lesser known and very beautiful beaches. It is built in a traditional Filipino style with a very imaginitive design which includes a walk through a natural cave to reach it, adding to the excitement. You will never want to leave! Everything, from the cocktails in the beach bar and friendly staff, to jumping off into the turquoise water, made for a perfect and very memorable holiday. Few places I have stayed have ever lived up to this experience. Highly recommended. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Note, fans only. No air conditioning, but design makes it cool enough at night.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

well, every guests know how beautiful it is and how spectacular the view is! I just regret that I only spent two nights here... I could spend a month here just indulge myself with the warm hospitality, wonderful wonderful staff, the breathe-taking scenery & absolutely natural environment... during my stay, i already received a dozen of requests on where i was staying... i wanted to be selfish and just keep spider house as my little secret place. i don't want to let anyone else know about this place, because i'm afraid the more popular it become, the more commercial it will become... i guess, i'll just have to go back again before any more people know about this paradise of mine.... check out the pictures, you will know what i meant!!!

p/s: if you're looking for luxurious environment and 5-star hotel service, please close this page, go search other branded hotel....

Room Tip: the best room would be the suite (more spacious & with a bathrooom attached). i stayed in the st...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Spider House Resort? Share your experiences!