“Authentic Italian food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rima at Shangri-La's Boracay Resort and Spa

Rima at Shangri-La's Boracay Resort and Spa
Barangay Yapak | Shangri-La's Boracay Resort and Spa, Philippines (Formerly Rima)
+ 63 36 288 4988
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 206 restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Hidden amongst the tree-tops overlooking Shangri-La's Boracay Resort and Spa, Rima offers creative dining in a romantic setting. Rima is open for dinner from 6pm, serving culinary masterpieces paired with excellent wines.
“Authentic Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were staying at the Shangril-La and wanted to try a nice romantic place to celebrate our anniversary, we were recommended Rima restaurant. The location of the restaurant is at the highest point of the resort, the view and atmosphere was magnificent, very romantic for a special occasion and the food is very Italian. We had such a nice dinner that we have return to Rima 4 times while we stayed at Shangri-La.

Visited December 2013

81% Recommend
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious food among the tree tops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at the Shangri-la this week and dined twice at Rima. If you are staying in a treehouse or loft villa, it is up on the side of the hill and an easy walk from your villa. The restaurant is high up above the resort, giving a great view and a fun experience amongst the trees. At night time it is romantically lit and a nice breeze refreshes you if you're on the balcony (in our opinion the best seats).

The service is impeccable. The first time we dined the staff were very attentive and friendly, they are very happy to alter items on the menu to suit your taste. The second time we dined we were welcomed back with complimentary cocktails and all of the staff thanked us for returning. We ordered the same pasta (which we had both enjoyed so much) and they remembered the alterations we had made the first time.

There is the choice of a set menu or a la carte. Both times we chose a la carte and were happy with our selections. In particular we enjoyed the fresh pasta.

It is cheaper than we would pay in Australia for similar quality, although others are saying it is expensive for the Philippines. To be honest, if you're after a budget holiday I don't know why you are staying at this resort. If you're a Golden Circle member, you can redeem points for F&B vouchers as well, and they go a long way in this restaurant.

We'll be back!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Markham, Canada
“Great food ... service a little lacking but they tried their best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Ate here last night for our first romantic dinner together since we are staying in the hotel. The hotel is excellent and service is superior. RIMA has great food entree but dessert was just ok. A beetle landed in my dessert and they made me a new one to take home with me to my Villa. I have nothing bad to say about this place ... only good things. One suggestion I would give is for future feedback is that it would be great to have the guest choose from two types of dessert instead of just one choice on the set menu. Because I can't really eat creamy stuff and the only dessert on there was the italian canolli dessert filled with cream. Of course my husband devoured my portion. Overall, great good, beautiful restaurant, good service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Makati, Philippines
“#TheProposal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Simply put: I proposed to my girlfriend here. This restaurant will be part of my life forever. Also, the view, the staff, the crowd, the pricing and.... the serving sizes :-) were aligned perfectly like the stars above Rima.

Visited July 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We ordered the seared tuna, squid ink risotto, pan fried grouper, the kurobuta and prosciutto pizza for the kids. We all thought it was average, plus it was really hot in the restaurant, not a single breeze! Better head on to the strips of restos along white beach and get your money's worth on seafood :)

Visited May 2013

Been to Rima at Shangri-La's Boracay Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rima at Shangri-La's Boracay Resort and Spa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.