“Average food, terrible cocktails” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #100 of 229 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An epicurean dream from brunch to the wee hours of the morning, EPIC BORACAY servesa culinary journey into the heart of a Boracay holiday, with dishes that are perfectlyexpressive of the magical alchemy of sea, sun and sky.EPIC Boracay recently launched the brand new EPIC Beach Cuisine menu by Chef CarloMiguel, the genius behind Manila's top tables at Opus, Draft Gastropub and Beso CusinaVinoteka.With fresh, bold island flavors that promise to be the culinary highlight of your Boracay trip,the new menu offers a wide variety of fun favorite beach holiday dishes prepared simply toshowcase the island’s freshest seafood and produce. The brilliant epicurean menu adds agood dose of “epic” flavors and exciting dishes to explore and share on every visit.
“Average food, terrible cocktails”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The bar/restaurant is certainly eye catching and one of the nicer establishments on the island. However that's all it's good for - looking good. The food was average, nothing extraordinary but no complaints either. The cocktails were terrible. Our pinna colada tasted like coconut milk gone bad and my friend's B.Mary - we didn't know what it tasted like, it was that bad. The waiters also did a very poor job of explaining the happy hour "rules" to us. Magaritas and daiquiris were part of happy hour, but not the fruity ones, just "plain normal" ones, etc etc. Too many rules around what's part of happy hour and what's not.

We go to boracay quite often and this was the first and last time we will be eating or drinking here......

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Provo, Utah
“Horrible Service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The bar/restaurant location is excellent. The furnishing was great, so we decided to give it a try, even though the price at Epic is definitely higher than most places in the D'Mall.

We ordered 3 appetizers and 7 entrees and 1 kid meal. It took them over 15 minutes before they come take our orders. When they did, they didn't bring us our drinks another 10 minutes. They never bring us water until we asked.

Two burgers came first. The burgers were actually excellent. Then some pasta dishes came. Still no appetizers. Then over an hour later, we got one appetizer. Still no kid's meal. By then, my 3 year old was sobbing with hunger pain. Her food finally came after ALL the other food was serve (minus one appetizer). It was a mac and cheese. And believe it or not, the dish that the mac and cheese came in was freshly out of the oven HOT! The serve put the plate right in front of my 3-year old!! I was VERY upset.

I finally walked out to the bar and asked for an extra plate, so I could serve the HOT food to my hungry little girl. The server said "sure," but she kept standing at her spot not getting me the plate that I desperately needed.

My dad eventually got very upset and complained. Someone finally came with a few plates after another 10 minutes. By then I already gave my little girl a dirty plate so she can at least start eating.

I will definitely not recommend this place to ANYBODY. Total waste of my time, even thought the burger and the pasta dish were quite good.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had dinner here last night. We weren't sure what to expect as most of the things we heard about this place was about the bar/club. My husband wanted a small meat dish and I was looking for something simple. He had the Angus beef salpicao (appetizer) and I had the Thai salad with crispy pork belly. The beef salpicao was delicious! Very flavorful and just the right size. I was also happy with my Thai salad. I recommend getting the dressing on the side vs. having them serve it over the salad. The service was prompt, considering the previous slow service we've experienced on the island. I think the food is priced reasonably and so are the drinks. I'd recommend this place to everyone to try.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Warm beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for a drink as the place looked to have a good atmosphere, plenty of people. Service was very slow. When our drinks arrived the beer was warm and cocktail, cool at best.

Oslo, Norway
“Tasty food and low price vine & beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Nice service
Ok menu. The food was very well prepeard and spices care fully.
We desided to take another starter after the main food.

1 borle imported white wine for only 1000 PHP

Will go back later for more nice meals

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere