“Good Food, Poor Service” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
San Diego, California
“Good Food, Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

The food here is just OK...I had no complaints about it. However, the service is another story. When asked about some of the items on the menu, the waitress had no idea what they were. She went to get another waiter to help, he too, had no idea what the items were as well. It took 3 people to explain what the HAMA specials were....The bad service took away from an otherwise nice meal in a nice surrounding.

Visited December 2011

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
“Great service, awesome staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I would like to recommend this place to those who are looking for a quieter place where they can sit and relax. The place does not have a lot of visitor but that does not mean the food is not good, it is awesome. You would want to try rolls, sushis, and all the other types of Japanese food because everything is really great there. The staff are Filippinos but the chief is half Japanese half Filippino, so knows the deal :)

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baguio, Philippines
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Best place for Japanes cuisine in Boracay.I tried numerous other Japanese restaurants but only Hama makes me want to come back again and again.

Visited April 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“'the best'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Hi im marty varian of chicago,illinois. made a review in Aria restaurant too,for this is the only 2 places we been to that is awesome!Hama japanese cuisine is so warm,we had our lunch there and i ask for ramen and wow it was so delicious,that was just for starters lol,i love sashimi and sushi so we ordered deluxe boat where they have sushi,sashimi and maki rolls in one boat, the presentation was delightful,the uyako don with so many side dishes,the service was fast even we ordered that much food,they took care of us with so much warmth which is so important for us,the manager was even helping out,my own bartender who served me with delicious shakes oh i tried everything,the waitresses and waiters and the 2 guys behind the sushi bar thank you guys for the best service,i would certainly tell my friends about you and your restaurant,by the way my friends are telling me too that they're going to tell their friends about you,good job!

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Makati, Philippines
“Best Japanese restaurant in Boracay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I love the food here! It's really unexpected to see a good Japanese resto in Boracay. One thing I miss about Boracay is Hama's katsudon! I'm a big fan. The serving is also enough for my big appetite :) My friend tried their beef curry and green tea drink. She said the beef is tender and the rice is fluffy. The green tea drink needs more milk, perhaps. Because it has a bitter aftertaste. Over-all though, I love Hama and it's one of the restaurants I go to when I'm in Boracay!

• Visited May 2011