I come to boracay almost every month. and I usually stay at Boracay Regency. Anyway, my friend and I stayed here in Nandana last labor day weekend. Like I mentioned, I would usually stay at the Regency but since most of the happenings are in Station 1 during the time, we decided to stay in a hotel at least closer to the main event. I always see Nandana when they were still constructing it. It looked really nice in the picture so it was our first choice to stay in the area. BUT..... Okay so this is where the problem/issues/annoying things started:
1. BOOKING THE HOTEL: reservations agent were not very knowledgable about the hotel, rooms, rates and the area. They even gave me the wrong price for the poolside room.
2. PAYMENT: After negotiating, the manager and I agreed to pay for 1 night thru bank deposit and balance upon arrival. 2 days before our reservation, I'm not sure but I think it's the same reservations agent that I talked to is asking why I did not deposit the full amount of our stay. In short, they don't have coordination.
3.ARRIVAL: When we got to the hotel, it wasn't how it looks like in their website. definitely not. I don't know but for me the lobby looks cheap. Not what I paid for. Don't get me wrong, the hotel itself is nice, the walls, lights and such but the set up just looks so cheap. That's for me.
CHECKING-IN: Front desk people are okay until my friend conversed in a very friendly way and one of the front desk girl responded in a not professional way. She was even jokingly sarcastic which I think is in appropriate.
4. ROOMS: I was expecting a poolside room. Outdoor swimming pool. Sadly, the swimming pool is indoor (really indoor pool in boracay? with such beautiful view?!) The rooms don't have any view at all. Our room didnt even have a window. Also, the room set up was very awful! my friend would describe it as a cheap motel room.
5. SERVICE: on our 2nd morning staying there, at around 6am a hotel staff just opened the room using her universal key without knocking. It just means that anyone can go inside your room without permission, besides housekeeping of course. People are not well trained. Especially the restaurant staff in the lobby. Mygoodness those people are no help! really.
6. BREAKFAST: food is soooo awful I didnt even avail of their breakfast on our second day until we left. Food menu was like they dont even wanna feed you. Not a lot of choices. And oh, they don't have water with ice because they dont have ice. The waitress said they don't usually have ice and she doesn't know why. haha
Just to summarize this review, I was not satisfied with this hotel. I felt like I PAID TOO MUCH for such a really bad experience and I am never staying there again nor will I tell my friends to stay there. Don't get me wrong, Nandana has so many potential. it's in the perfect location but everything inside the hotel just seems to be wrong. Maybe change the management? I hope the owners will read this review cos I personally think they can do so much better! I do
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.