“Nice big rooms, on the beach, pleasant staff” 4 of 5 stars

Victory Divers Resort Boracay
Stn.2 Balabag, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #53 of 180 Boracay B&B and Inns
New Englander
“Nice big rooms, on the beach, pleasant staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed here one week as a walk-in during super peak 2011/12. The room is roomy, quiet, nice big bathroom too. I wound up having to work quite a bit and was pleased with the speed and reliability of the Internet. Desk staff were always very friendly and responsive to any questions and requests. Laundry was always ready next day. The location is right next to Nigi Nigi (also nice), so easy walking distance to D Mall and the many nice restaurants in the Station 2 area. Their restaurant looked fine but there are so many places nearby so I enjoyed the local variety. Location is right on the beach, though no view from my room. I was very pleased with Victory Divers and would be happy to return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed in this resort for a couple of days, and it was a very unpleasent experience. The front desk associates were condesending and rude, and refused to help us with even the most basic of requests (clean towels, mildew-free bathrooms, etc).

As if that weren't bad enough, our room was broken into during our last night's stay. I hope the staff has fixed this problem.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I booked via email, Richie was excellent. He arranged transfer from Manila to Kalibo and then had somebody meet me at Caticlan jetty port. Arriving at the centre my bags where carried to my room and all reception staff where so friendly and full of smiles.
Rooms where a very good size and clean but basic. Very good layout, only bad point no safe but with security on the premises I felt safe to leave stuff about, house keeping was excellent.
Victor wasn't about but Pancho and AJ were excellent (I will admit to knowing AJ from his time in Dubai) but this doesnt detract from the fact that these people will do anything to help you and feel at home.
Dive setup was excellent, after putting my gear in mesh bag it was on the boat everyday, rinsed at night and hung up to dry.
Station 2 is pretty lively and the girls at the centre bar were awesome, pretty and always on hand to serve (well done girls)
The white beach is a stones throw away and the best beach I have ever seen.
Lots of bars nearby but no sleepless nights due to noise, infact I could hear anything.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

The Good
* great staff. great location. has beachfront. you can walk from here to any of the bars/restaurants in any station no problem. although its very near the nightlife, you can't hear any of the nightlife sounds/music after midnite. the "ocean view" rooms are quite large.

The Bad
*Hot! Air conditioning was miserable. Barely made cold air although it was a huge machine and poured out water at various times throughout the night.
*Just "dirty" or as the brits say dodgy. Dark moldy water spots on the ceilings, rust on all metal fixtures, window sills haven't been touched by soap in ages. They were full of bugs and dust!
*WiFi was barely there. Could only access it in the lobby and the hallways, not in the rooms.
*No fridge. This wasn't the budget room I was staying in and it had no fridge. Have fun drinking hot drinks or just buying everything you need at beach bar prices. Not that expensive but extremely inconvenient if you want something cold in your room.

Again, very nice staff but the rooms are just not worth the money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

Following the recommendation of several friends we visited Victory Divers for our children (ages 10 and 12) to learn to dive.
We stayed in adjoining rooms within the property. The rooms were a good size, simple and clean with everything required. Staying within the dive school was extremely convenient and we quickly felt at home. The staff in reception were always very helpful whilst the service in the bar was always good. The food was of consistently good quality (we had breakfast and lunch there every day). The property is right next to the beautiful white beach.
Our children took their Junior Open Water course during our stay whilst my wife and I took the Advanced Open Water and Nitrox courses. The standard of teaching was extremely high and we would like to say a very big thank you to Eric and Stano our instructors.
I would thoroughly recommend Victory Divers particularly if you want to dive or take diving courses. The care and patience they took with our children was especially impressive.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I stayed there in December 2010. It supposes to stay for 2 weeks. After 4 days I left the hotel. The hotel is located on the White Beach - Station 3 (very busy). Even like that u cannot see it even that u have the sea view rooms because there is a building in front which is the divers spot and because of the big coconut trees. Anyway is better than looking inside of a local house or some other resorts roofs which are 1 meter away. The door from balcony cannot be close because is broken. The biggest problem is the bathroom which lets u feel that is not clean because of very old ceramic tiles. The towels and the sheets are also a big problem - old and dirty. The room is poor, the air con is very noisy.

From the ceiling in rainy days u'll get rain inside in two different places

Free WI-Fi signal does not exist in the rooms

The only place that I recommend is the outside round bar located in front of the hotel and the staff - Anna; Flora (waiters); Victor (the bartender) and Jay from reception which are really great people.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Panglao Island, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Victory divers/resort is located at Station 2. It’s a beachfront resort with a dive shop and bar in front of it. Upon checking in, their staff welcomed us with a very lovely smiles and a helping hands. The room was quiet big for the two of us and its really spacious and clean (thumbs up) . The staff are nice. I can see that they are not so smiling but when they see you, they would give their sweet smile and greetings. I had fun with their bar men named Victor (hehe not the owner but the 2nd boss) he is fun to talk with and he work so gracefully with matching sing and dance which is so nice and also Ms. Anne at the bar is nice. The macho men at the buffet dinner are great! They are working full of fun and grace out of the busy hour . I had a chance to meet and talk with the owner VICTOR, he is sooo OK to talk with,he is so approachable and he is really welcomed. He is the owner and working and managing the dive shop as just one of his leisure time which is great! The staff and divers are awesome, they always have the laugh around and they are so friendly though I don’t talk and understand German I can see and feel they are are good and I am so glad I had a great chance to sit,talk and drink on there diver’s place (a table and chairs that is exclusively for divers and friends) though I feel awkward and to sit there but they told me to relax and feel good and assure that I have nothing to worry coz they won’t bite me and that is so nice of them. The food that they serve are MASARAP and I love their burger…my gosh, I miss it! I could hardly eat it all but I did. :p Staying with them in a week was all fun and good. I met the lovely dog “Ysulde” (don’t know if it’s the right spelling hehe) she is so lovely indeed and so cute! Thanks to my bf, who took me there and to you all guys. I’m looking forward of seeing you soon again.:)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Victory Divers Resort Boracay? Share your experiences!