“Calypso Dive Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 113 Specialty Lodging in Boracay
mkushi
“Calypso Dive Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed there for 10 nights and it was the best holiday ever, the staff are very helpful and friendly, the food is amazing and it is right on the beach front so you wake up to the sound of waves every morning.
They have a National Geographic dive centre and the dive instructors are excellent.
We got engaged there they made it extremely fabulous and romantic. I would definitely recommend it to anyone headed to Boracay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Me and my wife were staying at some resort when we came across this lovely resort one night while we were strolling around the island. Actually, we didn't know it had a resort - what attracted us was their bar and Mongolian buffet neatly arranged under a tropical hut (so far the cleanest Mongolian buffet I have ever been to). I loved the colorful tribal designs on the hut's concrete posts so I decided to take a picture and take a piece of this wonderful island's amazing culture.
A lady smiled at me and I realized she was one of their staff, she invited us to try their Mongolian barbeque. I was informed that they also had a dive shop and a resort. Since I didn't have plans of staying at a single resort in the island, I asked for their rates. The lady excused herself and went to someone at the bar whom I later found as the resort manager. He was very friendly and, despite of being on his day-off, he showed us some rooms. The rooms are nice and clean and affordable!
A nice room, beachfront location, a cozy restaurant and a cool boat-shaped bar - definitely the place to be! But really, it was the friendliness of their staff, specially the resort manager who accommodated us. It was truly a warm Filipino welcome!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Upon arrival I was notified that my towels had to be turned in in person by 6pm or I would have to pay a penalty. I told them I did not go on vacation to be worried about turning my towels in. They conceeded, and directed the maid to tend to towel duty as it should be. A few days into my stay after a long day of kiteboarding I placed a dinner order at the bar. After 90 minutes I asked about my food, and they said they must of lost my order and they would re-order it for me. I told them not to bother, as I would no longer be spending my money there and would be checking out the next day. Upon checkout they tried to bill me for an additional three days, as this was my intended stay, but I refused to pay for days I did not stay there. I was paying around $90 a day there, and I moved to Nigi Nigi Nu Nu for $45 a day. Must better tiki hut rooms with a beautiful garden surrounding each room. The ONE good thing I will say about Calypso is the dive staff and program is exceptional.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Alice Springs, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011 via mobile

Clean hotel & friendly dive staff in a good location. Well organized diving & great customer service. The rooms are showing their age a bit but are spacious & clean. The food is good & lounge/bar is laid back. The hotel is in a great location, between station 2 & 3, so it was quiet enough to get a good night's sleep but close to all the good restaurants/ activities. I definitely recommend this dive company & hotel for its great dive staff & ideal location

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Calypso Diving Resort? Share your experiences!