“Absolute gem in a minefield!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Romero de Boracay

You added Villa Romero de Boracay to your Saves list
Villa Romero de Boracay
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Station 3, Manoc Manoc | Manoc Manoc, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #36 of 180 Boracay B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Absolute gem in a minefield!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

... booked 5 nights for my parents via LateRooms.com. my initial gut feeling was guarded as to their fate at my chosen accommodation but boy! ... what a pleasant surprise! customer service is fantastic, even top class hotels can easily be put to shame. spotlessly clean rooms in a convenient location, comfortable with the basic necessities available. it is definitely excellent value for money. return transport arrangements from the airport were done via James and everything went as planned. it was a team effort on the part of the hotel staff and owner and must commend how they have managed and addressed the demands/requests of their guests which to me is just amazingly admirable. both my parents had a great time and had been speaking highly of their stay at Villa Romero.

... will definitely recommend, no hesitations at all! you have set the bar higher in terms of customer service. you are genuinely kind-hearted folks and that makes you a real winner for both me and my parents. well done and keep it up!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We highly appreciate your acknowledgement for our great Services, For us; Excellent service is not being commanded nor a policy to follow, It's just a natural thing that comes deep in each of our hearts. I mean both the staffs and the owner, work together as one team or one family to create a total workforce just to render great and absolute customer service for all.
I will not go so long with this response, But before I end this, I would like to extend our warm appreciation for your best and sweet works for us and thank you so much for you and your entire family. We are to serve you all.

Good bless you and your family :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Great value for an exquisite place to stay. Just a few steps to the shoreline of station 3. And few steps for water sports station.
We had our group (workmates)vacation composed of 20pax. We were accomodated in a big room and all of us enjoyed everything coz were like a big happy family. I salute to the hotel staff especially mr. James and jesa and the rest of the staff there. They are so accomodating and they made us feel that we are at home!
I love VILLA ROMERO DE BORACAY! Ill see u soon for my next vacay there!

• Stayed April 2013
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Warmest greetings from all the staff and Management of Villa Romero De Boracay Hotel,

The most prestigious award for us is not the "Traveller's choice nor Award of Excelllence", but Good feedback and great comments from our guests. those were very special to us because those will serve as our references of doing more excellent performance and Strengthen our great customer service. Thank you sir, for your time writing your short but meaningful review for our hotel. This will help us a lot. Your always welcome to come back!...and We can't wait of seeing you again.

Gifu-shi, Gifu, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here for 3nights.
good value for money,close to station3,friendly staffs,clean large room.
the tiny problems I had are
• bit noisy(even in the night)
• No Wi-fi in the room(you can use Wi-fi at the lobby)

overall,I pretty recommend this nice Villa to stay:)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, July 3, 2013

hello,

Another warm and overwhelming comment from our guest. Also, another spice that will add to our flavorful love and care for our valued clients/guests in return. You know what ? Villa Romero was just a small hotel, very simple, and seems like your own home. That's why we were called by many as " A Home away from home", and just like in our own home, here at Villa Romero we will treat you as one of the member of the family, You're always welcome to go back anytime you wish to, You can ask for a help anytime you need it, we'll except for financial I guess, hehe just kidding :)

Thank you sir for another set of inspiration, for us to be more efficient of doing our tasks.
just to render excellent customer service for all of you.

Godbles :))
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place is a 2 minute walk to Station 3 beach which is great. My room had a balcony on the front which could be a bit noisy early in the morning but was excellent value for money. Friendly and helpful staff

• Stayed June 2013
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, June 18, 2013

Hi!

It was so refreshing and inspiring to hear your good feedback for our hotel.
by your comments sir/mam, we knew that we did a great job.
and we promise to keep doing great. because here at Villa Romero, we're always after EXCELLENT Service.

James
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed in Villa Romero from June 1-4, 2013, the room was nice and clean and for a budget hotel the room comes with a TV, ref and Hot/cold shower. After a day of stay we requested for a room with a balcony and was immediately transfered by their very nice and reliable staff. The hotel is just 2-3 minutes walk from the white beach in Station 3. It's in a more "quite" part of the beach but its just a short walk from the action of Station 1 & 2. They have free hot/cold water, which is very convenient since you dont have to buy water. We were given cups and glasses which make it even more convenient.It's our second stay in Villa Romero and I'll definitely go back again...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Good day!

We are so overwhelmed of the good reviews that we are receiving.
Thank you very much for the acknowledgement, and for the effort that you did just to say something about us. We honestly appreciate it. And From the bottom of our heart, We love you so much.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in villa Romero boracay - it was the perfect stay , Rooms are well equipped but not huge -, hot water aircon all fine as I was transferred from level 2 to level 3 cause of the noise . Great staff & they got breakfast menu, It is one minute walk from the beach.

just had no wifi in the rooms so you have to go downstairs for wifi which is free ,

Room Tip: 20 minutes walk if you after nightlife to station 1-2
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, June 5, 2013

Hello!

It was very relaxing and rewarding for us to hear such good feedback from our valued guests.
We are honored and happy to receive your good comments for our hotel. It motivates us to perform very well with our tasks and serve you at our extreme best.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I saw this hotel advertised on Wotif.com (which I often use for booking my accommodation), and on that site it shows its location as closer to Station 2 (ie midway between Station 2 & 3). I was disappointed when I later found out that it is actually at the southern end of Station 3 (if there was a Station 4, that's where it would be). I wasn't sure what to expect when my friends and I arrived. Its location is not that bad though, its just a short walk to the beach and to the White Beach Path. Its very convenient if you wish to partake in the water sports. Its a long walk though if you wish to walk to Station 1.

The appearance of the hotel is very nice (see attached photo), from the outside and within the lobby. However, I did not find the rooms very inspiring when I first walked in, but since we spent most of our time at the beach or walking the Path, we did not stay in the rooms much other than to shower & sleep. We found the beds comfortable to sleep in, and the shower was fine once we'd worked out how it functioned (the heater did work well).

There is drinking water available in the hallway, although I recommend you take your own water bottle for filling, as there are no glass or bottle available from the room. There also is no coffee/tea making facilities, which I'm accustomed to from staying in other hotels. This is my first time in Boracay, so I don't know if other hotels of similar budget offer this facility.

Would I stay here again? It depends, if I was looking at a budget hotel for another short stay, then yes, I'd have no problems coming back here. If I'm here on my honeymoon, or staying longer than just a couple days, I'd probably stay at one of the more classier hotels which offer a more relaxing atmosphere away from the beach.

Having said all that, we loved our stay in Boracay and none of the negative things I have said about this hotel have detracted from this. My friends (from Cebu) who stayed here with me didn't complain at all. My expectations may be a bit high, considering the hotel I had been staying in prior to coming to Boracay.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony might be more inspiring
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Good day!

We highly appreciate your good words sir, and for those what make you disappointed, we're deeply sorry...We will surely address all your concern sir. Because what we were always aiming is that to serve you excellently and make you all happy, cause we knew that without you, were nothing. a million thanks :)

Godbless

Been to Villa Romero de Boracay? Share your experiences!