“budget and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Romero de Boracay

You added Villa Romero de Boracay to your Saves list
Villa Romero de Boracay
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Station 3, Manoc Manoc | Manoc Manoc, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #36 of 180 Boracay B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“budget and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in villa Romero boracay - it was the perfect stay , Rooms are well equipped but not huge -, hot water aircon all fine as I was transferred from level 2 to level 3 cause of the noise . Great staff & they got breakfast menu, It is one minute walk from the beach.

just had no wifi in the rooms so you have to go downstairs for wifi which is free ,

Room Tip: 20 minutes walk if you after nightlife to station 1-2
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Good day!

Hello!

It was very relaxing and rewarding for us to hear such good feedback from our valued guests.
We are honored and happy to receive your good comments for our hotel. It motivates us to perform very well with our tasks and serve you at our extreme best.

Godbless :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I saw this hotel advertised on Wotif.com (which I often use for booking my accommodation), and on that site it shows its location as closer to Station 2 (ie midway between Station 2 & 3). I was disappointed when I later found out that it is actually at the southern end of Station 3 (if there was a Station 4, that's where it would be). I wasn't sure what to expect when my friends and I arrived. Its location is not that bad though, its just a short walk to the beach and to the White Beach Path. Its very convenient if you wish to partake in the water sports. Its a long walk though if you wish to walk to Station 1.

The appearance of the hotel is very nice (see attached photo), from the outside and within the lobby. However, I did not find the rooms very inspiring when I first walked in, but since we spent most of our time at the beach or walking the Path, we did not stay in the rooms much other than to shower & sleep. We found the beds comfortable to sleep in, and the shower was fine once we'd worked out how it functioned (the heater did work well).

There is drinking water available in the hallway, although I recommend you take your own water bottle for filling, as there are no glass or bottle available from the room. There also is no coffee/tea making facilities, which I'm accustomed to from staying in other hotels. This is my first time in Boracay, so I don't know if other hotels of similar budget offer this facility.

Would I stay here again? It depends, if I was looking at a budget hotel for another short stay, then yes, I'd have no problems coming back here. If I'm here on my honeymoon, or staying longer than just a couple days, I'd probably stay at one of the more classier hotels which offer a more relaxing atmosphere away from the beach.

Having said all that, we loved our stay in Boracay and none of the negative things I have said about this hotel have detracted from this. My friends (from Cebu) who stayed here with me didn't complain at all. My expectations may be a bit high, considering the hotel I had been staying in prior to coming to Boracay.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony might be more inspiring
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor JAMES at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Good day!

We highly appreciate your good words sir, and for those what make you disappointed, we're deeply sorry...We will surely address all your concern sir. Because what we were always aiming is that to serve you excellently and make you all happy, cause we knew that without you, were nothing. a million thanks :)

Godbless
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

PROS: 2 mins. walk to beach front, unlimited H2O (hot and cold), accommodating receptonist, big rooms with ref and balcony (for quad deluxe), near area for water activities like parasailing, jet ski, etc.

CONS: Defective heater in the shower, saw a cockroach in our room (Room 1) with some mosquitoes flying (don't know where did they come from), stairway going to our room is kinda slippery (I suggest that you mop it twice a day).

Overall: Still a good place to stay given the price that you have to pay per room. There are some thing that has to be improved on like the aircons and cabinets.

• Stayed May 2013
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hi Sir John Lloyd Cruz,

This is James at the reception of Villa Romero...

Thank you so much for your good feedback for our services and for our hotel as well,
though some of our rooms need to be improved :)

We will surely address your concern sir, cause we have already a series of plans for the rooms to be improved.

Godbless :)
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Staying with Villa Romero Boracay was a one good experience. Except during our last day, when I experienced a clogged toilet! The worst part was when I had to pump the toilet with my "poo-poo" in it, or else it's gonna overflow.. Yikes! But even so, I'll still give them 4/5 because the staffs are friendly and accommodating. Overall a great experience, just don't forget to ask for a "toilet pump" when you checked-in this hotel..

On our first day, since the hotel is fully booked and the check-in time is 1pm, we strolled around station 3 and had my toe nail polished. Our things were checked-in their office we don't have to carry them around while we stroll. At Around 1PM, we went back, and indeed there is a room ready for us, clean and ready to embrace our tired bodies.

The room is a bit small, but just enough for me and my friend to retire after a nice visit around.

Every morning we had full breakfast, consists of coffee, rice, fried chicken, bread and fresh mango. We are ready for the day’s activity.

On our last day, we told the staffs of our experience and that we are pleased with their customer service. They even took a picture of us with them, to be posted on their facebook account. Of course I had to tell them about my horror bathroom experience, but we just laughed about it. At the end of the day, it is great service that matters.

I'll definitely go back to Boracay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
jesh850, Front Office Supervisor at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, May 2, 2013

This is James Front Office Supervisor of Villa Romero De Boracay Hotel.

In behalf of all the staffs of the hotel, we would like to extend our warm "THANK YOU SO MUCH !"
for the great feedback that we have received, we promise that we will improve our rooms more, and retain our excellent service for you to have a great stay at the hotel then for you to have a very good experience with your vacation in the Island. Thank you. Thank you.....
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed with my couple in December in Villa Romero, we did not have any trouble at the hotel, the room was clean, the service was good and even we have free water, so what I just can say is that of course it is a budget hotel but for the price you pay you will be satisfied, plus it is just 3mn from Station 3.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jesh850, at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, May 3, 2013

This is James Front Office Supervisor of Villa Romero De Boracay Hotel.

Thank you so much for the Good feedback to our hotel...We highly appreciate your comment...and we will use it a reference of more hard work and Excellent customer service.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I reserved a fan room about a month in advance, which included a deposit and letting the hotel know our approximate arrival time. They called me to confirm on the day of arrival. Once we arrived, they informed us they gave away our room, but they arranged a room at an alternate hotel nearby, yet we would pay Villa Romero the fan room price. The room they took us to 1) did not have hot water, 2) had a worse location (farther away from the beach), 3) did not have a TV, 4) was smaller than the fan rooms at Villa Romero, and 5) had one of the worst beds I've ever slept on (a bunk bed with two tables next to it to support the mattress; the problem was the bunk bed and each table were all slightly different heights!?!). After inquiring at the alternate hotel, I found out their asking price - before negotiating - is P800; P100 less than what Villa Romero was charging us!

Anyway, the next morning I asked at Villa Romero if anything opened up in their hotel or if they could help us locate another place. They said no to both, but that the following night (our third and final night), they could move us back to Villa Romero to a deluxe room. Also, when I pointed out that the alternate hotel charges less than they do, they agreed to reduce the room price to P800 for those first two nights.

So, the following morning we checked out of the alternate hotel at noon, we were supposed to be able to check into Villa Romero. They told us at 1 pm, so we ran some errands and returned at 1. And then, as they took care of the other 15+ guests in the lobby, we waited. And waited. And waited some more. Well after everyone else had been seen to, they got around to us at about 2:30. They did put us in a deluxe room, but either we'd have to pay the deluxe room price (P1500) or they could "convert it to a fan room", which I guess means take away the A/C remote control and refrigerator. The manager offered to give us the deluxe room for P1350 for that night, so we took it.

Now to be fair, I rated the hotel based on the alternate one and my overall experience. The deluxe room at Villa Romero was really, really nice. It was very clean (much cleaner that the alternate hotel), large, had a balcony, and the bed was comfortable. I will never stay at Villa Romero again because I'm still pissed off at feeling like they treated us as second class citizens, but to the rest of you tripadvisor readers, I recommend this hotel during weekdays or low season.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
jesh850, Front Office Manager at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
In behalf Villa Romero De Boracay Hotel,

Our apologies for what had happened. To be honest we really don't want to distribute our guests to other hotels. it's just happen that our old email for reservation has been hacked and about 4,000+ emails including all our bookings and reservations have been trashed away. We really wanted to accommodate you sir to the best that we can,
That's why for the last night of your stay here in boracay we really find ways just to accommodate you at our hotel. We promise that we will do our best for this not to happened again. We're so greatful that you chose our hotel. we're so sad for what happened.
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked our accommodation to Villa Romero via Agoda and chose the hotel through the Tripadvisor recommendation being one of the top budget hotels in Boracay. We got 4 de luxe rooms for a relatively low price for a "near beach front" establishment (just under 5 minutes walk to the beach).

It's our 6th trip to Boracay and we usually book in a hotel in Station 1 but since we would be travelling in a large group (18 pax), we selected one which would be more friendly on the pocket.

1. Villa Romero is the drop of point of motorized vehicles in Station 3, so coming from Jetty port and you get yourself either a tricycle, van or jeep to transport you to Station 3, they will drop you off in front of Villa Romero and chances are if you are staying at another nearby hotel you will walk your way from there or ride a bike with side car.

2. If you'll be getting a room, make sure it's a de luxe room located on the 2nd floor. The "de luxe" rooms on the 3rd floor are smaller and unevenly furnished, meaning the beds are not side by side but perpendicular to each other giving you the impression that it's a "forced" arrangement just to pass it off as a de luxe room. Originally, we were given rooms 4 and 6 in the 2nd floor and 2 rooms on the third floor but we complained on the size of the 3/F rooms. James, the front desk staff was very helpful enough to accommodate us and we ended up occupying rooms 2, 4, 5 and 6.

Room Tip: Room 2 is the best with plush headboards, Room 4 is the "brightest" and the beds have a "built-in" extra bed on the center so there's an extra space as well as stuffed toys so if you have kids this room would be perfect, Room 6 would have been OK but it has too dark drapes and it's smaller than the 2. All of these rooms have verandas. Room 5 has 3 double beds but no windows. If you are more than 4 in a group, you might want to stay in this room if you still prefer to be together.

3. There's a small grocery store just 2 establishments away so it would be very convenient to shop for your emergency items.

4. Make up room is on a "per request" basis. So don't expect a made-up room every day if you didn't specifically requested it upon check-in.

5. The stairways are only a little bit more than 2 feet wide, so it's a little bit narrow. If you have large and heavy suitcases, it might be too difficult to maneuver it upstairs.

It's categorized as a "budget hotel" and for a 2,500/night accommodation, one should not expect 1st class amenities. But what is good about Villa Romero is for that price range, you get to have the basics.

Room Tip: Room 2 is the best with plush headboards, Room 4 is the "brightest" and the beds have a &q...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jesh850, at Villa Romero de Boracay, responded to this review, May 3, 2013

This is James Front Office Supervisor of Villa Romero De Boracay Hotel.

Been to Villa Romero de Boracay? Share your experiences!