“best ever experienced.. 2013!” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Romero de Boracay
Station 3, Manoc Manoc | Manoc Manoc, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #28 of 174 Boracay B&B and Inns
makati city
“best ever experienced.. 2013!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

we've been there for 2days ... a very nice place to stay and its our first time... really enjoy and the best experienced ever...people there were good especially when i met a new friend James Florentino. and we are planning to go back there next month!

Room Tip: choose a good room with a hot and cold shower...!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Brunswick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The 4 and 5 star reviews for this place are absolutely crazy. Maybe like the most penny-pinching backpacker might want to stay here, but anyone else is really going to be let down by this dirty, run down hotel. Really, when you think about your beautiful beach vacation, you don't want to come back to a place like this at the end of the day. Please spend a few more dollars and book yourself something less depressing.

When we first were shown our room, I was surprised because there were 3 beds in it for just my wife and I. I'd booked the 2 bed room because the reviews said it was the best of the room types here. We were soon to find out that (as late check-ins) we were put into the room no one else wanted rather than the one we booked and paid for months ago.

First of all, despite what Agoda says, there is NO wifi in the rooms. You can use it in the lobby, but only if you're lucky. "Try again later, sir" was the response I got when it wouldn't work the first time. I stopped asking after that.

In our room, I walked straight to the patio doors to open them and check out the view from our balcony. Except the patio doors didn't open.. they overlook the staircase that everyone walks up and down to get to their room. Yes, the window overlooks the staircase INSIDE the hotel! You know how soundproof a window is, right? All night long we heard people walking up and down the stairs- at one point a loud group even started banging on the window. Also, since people need to see their way upstairs, there were bright lights on in the stairwell, lighting up our room all night long. Oh yeah, and the hotel offers massage services, and they said they could arrange for a foot massage in our room. We thought that might be a nice pick-me-up before bed, so we ordered one. An hour later and it was 11:00pm and still no word on the massage, so my wife went downstairs to check. 10 more minutes, they said. 20 minutes later I went down and told them to forget it, we were tired and went to bed.

The next morning we found that the shower head was totally broken, and held together by a tied up plastic bag (you'd have to be blind not to see this- why don't they replace something like this???!! Costs $10!) and the toilet hardly flushed. Then I found that there'd been an ant infestation overnight and the third (unused) bed with our suitcases on it was crawling in little bugs. They'd found the gummy bears we'd snacked on on the plane.

The hotel promised they'd move us to our correct room type. They said the people were still in our room, but check-out time was 1pm so they'd move us then. At 4:30 we came back and they still hadn't prepared the room! 10 minutes, they said, so we sat in the lobby waiting. 20 minutes later WE had to approach THEM to ask if it was ready yet. And it was.

And with the new room came a whole new set of problems. Mosquitoes in the room. A GIANT FLYING COCKROACH in the room. When I sprayed poison on it and it ran all over our pillows and blankets, I asked for new ones and had to change them myself. The sheets, no matter which ones they give you, are all stained. The towel rod in the bathroom is hanging down, held only on one end by one screw (why not fix it??). The shower curtain is stained with (what I hope is) rust and mold ($2 for a new curtain- why not replace it??). The bed sheets are being held down by hundreds of tacks. Yes, tacks. And since this is stupid, and not what tacks are for, they are constantly coming loose and falling straight up on the ground all ready for you to step on them. The bathroom is always wet and dripping water (I live in Asia, this is NOT normal, despite what another review said). The ceiling is covered in cobwebs and stains. The floor is dirty and the corners of the room are stained orange and full of dirt. Too many spiders.

On the fourth night WE had to ask the staff to please clean our room. Can you imagine? We had to ask! No garbage change in 4 days. No new toilet paper, towels or sheets!!

Lastly, I have to mention the noise. The new room was horrible for noise too. The hotel is right on an alley that connects the beachfront to the main road. There aren't many of these, so motorbikes are constantly driving up and down from sunrise to sunset. It's so noisy! People yelling and screaming, kids hanging around out front playing music until midnight, some vendor guy yelling "AAAAAA OOOOOO" every morning starting at 6am, construction both across from us and to the left of us. It's horrible. Can't wait to be done with vacation so I can get some sleep!

Some people have said this place is great because of the location. Tip: EVERY hotel is close to the beach. Boracay is not built up beyond the beachfront and the main road 5 minutes behind it. Unless you book some random hotel in the hills, your location will be just as good as at Villa Romero.

Don't bother.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was disappointed with this hotel, other than the fact that it was fairly inexpensive at php 1500/night, which isn't a lot for Boracay, but it's a lot for what you actually get. It's a "bed & breakfast" that doesn't even serve breakfast. The positive was that it's a stone's throw from boat station 3 at White Beach in Boracay. Boracay is pretty fantastic, but you have to walk about 5 minutes from the hotel to get to a place on the beach which isn't right in front of where all the boats for watersports and tours come to shore.

The main negatives, and the reasons that I would not stay in this hotel again, are the service and the rooms. The service was very bad. The young woman at the front desk was friendly, but incompetent. She was more interested in checking her Facebook than doing her job. She overcharged me because she couldn't figure out that I'd paid a 10% deposit when I booked the room. Be aware that while you can pay your booking deposit with a credit card, the hotel itself does not accept credit cards. We had two separate rooms, which I booked about 2 months in advance. Despite that, they couldn't organize their bookings to give us adjacent rooms. They wanted to give me rooms on two different floors. When I complained, they gave us another room on the same floor, but it was a tiny, closet-like room far away from the other one the rest of my family stayed in. We had to leave the room key with the reception so that the room cleaners could straighten up the room. The room cleaner then locked the key in the room and then they couldn't find a spare for about 30 minutes. The rooms were really basic and not very nice. The bed was not very comfortable and it squeaked a lot. The shower had extremely low pressure and was not good at all.

Room Tip: Some rooms are bigger than others, but I think they're all the same price. If you decide to sta...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MALAYSIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We only stayed a night,less than 12hours in exact. The reception staff are truly the gem in this small property,upon check-out,she took the trouble to arrange transport for us. Room is so big,bathroom is clean,hot water supply is available, only the ceiling wasn't working,but the staff quickly replaced it with a standing unit. The construction noise woke us up at 8.30am, be warned, at times it could be the infamous rooster!

• Stayed January 2013
Mandaluyong, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hello I stayed in Boracay for a few days in January and was able to stay here for the majority of my stay. This will be a small review to give you some insight on my adventures and opinions :) I will say I stayed for one night and then came back here two nights later and booked for another few days after being at another resort near station 1/2. (Also reviewed)

Reception - Upon arrival (I had only pre-booked one night as I wanted to see other places for the rest of my trip) was greeted nicely and shown to a room which was ok ; however upon contemplation we asked if there was anything a bit nicer (bigger, not on the top floor) and the girl (very nice, and cute :)) was very sweet to offer us a room on the first floor. This hotel does not have a restaurant however it does have a lobby with a lot of ambiance (and some mosquitoes) lol. I will also say that if you have issues with your flight, transfers even if NOT booked at this hotel they will offer to call and straighten things out as I had some serious issues with the transfer company. (will be reviewed!)

The biggest plus to this place to me is that on the ground floor you can sit and use the wifi and interact with the other guests. The staff goes out of the way to help you lets you use their kitchen utilities and even on one night I had some surprise work I had to do and they let me use their headset/office to do some recordings. I was made to feel like I was part of their little establishment family in a very hospitable way. Also there are some guys outside selling pizza who are cool they talk to me and even get me a beer when I staggered in there one night. Just an overall experience and good feeling to be somewhere that is this type of ambiance and environment.

The only issue I had (and it was resolved fast) is I paid for a deal on a room and then arrived on second trip to find out that we had been put in a different room for some reason. I was never able to figure out how that happened but I guess it was just do to some confusion some of the staff being new to the hotel. I think that the only advice would be they need to coordinate the booking/planning a bit better but it was resolved.

I cannot end this section to say that you can drink all the water you want (mineral) for free here because the owner also owns the water place next door! This probably saved me 300-400 pesos a day at least since I drink a LOT of water and don't wanna drag around a big tub of it :)

Room - For the amount of money I spent this room was awesome very clean and nice and upon request was cleaned and replenished with consumables. (Toilet Paper, towels, soap) Was big enough for two and the beds comfortable and air con and shower and TV worked great. I read some reviews where guests don't like the smell of clean and the bathroom got wet and the latter is true; it's a budget hotel and they will come clean it up no problem for you; not a big deal to me!

Location - It's in the middle of station 3 down a walkway from the main beach maybe a 2 minute walk. So yes it's not beachfront but I didn't mind at all. Very close to the beach and if you care about fitness the walks and runs up and down the beach are actually good for you :) I will also say if you go the OTHER way towards the main road you will find a plethora of local shops that are NOT marked up in price for groceries, laundry, BOOZE, etc. There are some nice places to buy food, like BBQ chicken, etc

Overall - Will go again have already recommended to friends. The staff are great even though somewhat new, very sweet and friendly and offering to help. I like the feeling of the lobby and the ambiance and the free water is great. You also get a decent room and can swing a nice deal if you stay for a few days. For those that don't need right on the beach or right in the middle of the party and their friends/family won't start crying because of that you won't regret it here.

Hope this was helpful!

Room Tip: Room #1 was great - clean, and located on first floor; seemed bigger than some of the others same pr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Panabo, Davao, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

my whole family stayed in villa romero for 4 days and it was a great experience. the place is budget friendly and the staff were great. We arrived at 6am which was very early since check in time is at 1pm but the staff accomodated us and provided us with a room for us to stay and put all our baggages since our assigned family room is not yet ready. The location is great just 2minutes to station 3 beach. They also have a kitchen with available utensils and cookwares for those travellers who want to cook their meals. Definitely we will stay again at villa romero.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

my friends and i stayed at this inn for 2 nights and 3 days.i got to know this thru trip advisor and read good reviews. what you see is what you get. we stayed in the room for 6 people. the room was not very big. but it was neat and had ref and tv. the comfort room was also clean. but the hot shower was not working. however we didnt complain about it anymore.. there are also water dispensers at the corridor. so u can bring your own tumbler to save money from buying bottled water..what i love about this inn is their staff. they were very accomodating. .they brought our baggage to our room. you may also book water activities since they have contacts and can haggle down the price...the staff was very honest. ..my friend left 2 pairs of her flipflops.and when i emailed them they responded right away and continuously communicated with me about it. they had safely kept it..and so we were able to retrieve our flipflops. we just sent money for the shipping fee and they immediately sent it.. thank you very much to LC at the front desk and to the staff of villa romero.more power to your resort.. kudos!:-)

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Villa Romero de Boracay? Share your experiences!