“Poor Service & Average Rooms in a Great Location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Romero de Boracay

You added Villa Romero de Boracay to your Saves list
Villa Romero de Boracay
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Station 3, Manoc Manoc | Manoc Manoc, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #36 of 180 Boracay B&B and Inns
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
“Poor Service & Average Rooms in a Great Location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was disappointed with this hotel, other than the fact that it was fairly inexpensive at php 1500/night, which isn't a lot for Boracay, but it's a lot for what you actually get. It's a "bed & breakfast" that doesn't even serve breakfast. The positive was that it's a stone's throw from boat station 3 at White Beach in Boracay. Boracay is pretty fantastic, but you have to walk about 5 minutes from the hotel to get to a place on the beach which isn't right in front of where all the boats for watersports and tours come to shore.

The main negatives, and the reasons that I would not stay in this hotel again, are the service and the rooms. The service was very bad. The young woman at the front desk was friendly, but incompetent. She was more interested in checking her Facebook than doing her job. She overcharged me because she couldn't figure out that I'd paid a 10% deposit when I booked the room. Be aware that while you can pay your booking deposit with a credit card, the hotel itself does not accept credit cards. We had two separate rooms, which I booked about 2 months in advance. Despite that, they couldn't organize their bookings to give us adjacent rooms. They wanted to give me rooms on two different floors. When I complained, they gave us another room on the same floor, but it was a tiny, closet-like room far away from the other one the rest of my family stayed in. We had to leave the room key with the reception so that the room cleaners could straighten up the room. The room cleaner then locked the key in the room and then they couldn't find a spare for about 30 minutes. The rooms were really basic and not very nice. The bed was not very comfortable and it squeaked a lot. The shower had extremely low pressure and was not good at all.

Room Tip: Some rooms are bigger than others, but I think they're all the same price. If you decide to sta...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
MALAYSIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We only stayed a night,less than 12hours in exact. The reception staff are truly the gem in this small property,upon check-out,she took the trouble to arrange transport for us. Room is so big,bathroom is clean,hot water supply is available, only the ceiling wasn't working,but the staff quickly replaced it with a standing unit. The construction noise woke us up at 8.30am, be warned, at times it could be the infamous rooster!

• Stayed January 2013
Mandaluyong, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hello I stayed in Boracay for a few days in January and was able to stay here for the majority of my stay. This will be a small review to give you some insight on my adventures and opinions :) I will say I stayed for one night and then came back here two nights later and booked for another few days after being at another resort near station 1/2. (Also reviewed)

Reception - Upon arrival (I had only pre-booked one night as I wanted to see other places for the rest of my trip) was greeted nicely and shown to a room which was ok ; however upon contemplation we asked if there was anything a bit nicer (bigger, not on the top floor) and the girl (very nice, and cute :)) was very sweet to offer us a room on the first floor. This hotel does not have a restaurant however it does have a lobby with a lot of ambiance (and some mosquitoes) lol. I will also say that if you have issues with your flight, transfers even if NOT booked at this hotel they will offer to call and straighten things out as I had some serious issues with the transfer company. (will be reviewed!)

The biggest plus to this place to me is that on the ground floor you can sit and use the wifi and interact with the other guests. The staff goes out of the way to help you lets you use their kitchen utilities and even on one night I had some surprise work I had to do and they let me use their headset/office to do some recordings. I was made to feel like I was part of their little establishment family in a very hospitable way. Also there are some guys outside selling pizza who are cool they talk to me and even get me a beer when I staggered in there one night. Just an overall experience and good feeling to be somewhere that is this type of ambiance and environment.

The only issue I had (and it was resolved fast) is I paid for a deal on a room and then arrived on second trip to find out that we had been put in a different room for some reason. I was never able to figure out how that happened but I guess it was just do to some confusion some of the staff being new to the hotel. I think that the only advice would be they need to coordinate the booking/planning a bit better but it was resolved.

I cannot end this section to say that you can drink all the water you want (mineral) for free here because the owner also owns the water place next door! This probably saved me 300-400 pesos a day at least since I drink a LOT of water and don't wanna drag around a big tub of it :)

Room - For the amount of money I spent this room was awesome very clean and nice and upon request was cleaned and replenished with consumables. (Toilet Paper, towels, soap) Was big enough for two and the beds comfortable and air con and shower and TV worked great. I read some reviews where guests don't like the smell of clean and the bathroom got wet and the latter is true; it's a budget hotel and they will come clean it up no problem for you; not a big deal to me!

Location - It's in the middle of station 3 down a walkway from the main beach maybe a 2 minute walk. So yes it's not beachfront but I didn't mind at all. Very close to the beach and if you care about fitness the walks and runs up and down the beach are actually good for you :) I will also say if you go the OTHER way towards the main road you will find a plethora of local shops that are NOT marked up in price for groceries, laundry, BOOZE, etc. There are some nice places to buy food, like BBQ chicken, etc

Overall - Will go again have already recommended to friends. The staff are great even though somewhat new, very sweet and friendly and offering to help. I like the feeling of the lobby and the ambiance and the free water is great. You also get a decent room and can swing a nice deal if you stay for a few days. For those that don't need right on the beach or right in the middle of the party and their friends/family won't start crying because of that you won't regret it here.

Hope this was helpful!

Room Tip: Room #1 was great - clean, and located on first floor; seemed bigger than some of the others same pr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Panabo, Davao, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

my whole family stayed in villa romero for 4 days and it was a great experience. the place is budget friendly and the staff were great. We arrived at 6am which was very early since check in time is at 1pm but the staff accomodated us and provided us with a room for us to stay and put all our baggages since our assigned family room is not yet ready. The location is great just 2minutes to station 3 beach. They also have a kitchen with available utensils and cookwares for those travellers who want to cook their meals. Definitely we will stay again at villa romero.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

my friends and i stayed at this inn for 2 nights and 3 days.i got to know this thru trip advisor and read good reviews. what you see is what you get. we stayed in the room for 6 people. the room was not very big. but it was neat and had ref and tv. the comfort room was also clean. but the hot shower was not working. however we didnt complain about it anymore.. there are also water dispensers at the corridor. so u can bring your own tumbler to save money from buying bottled water..what i love about this inn is their staff. they were very accomodating. .they brought our baggage to our room. you may also book water activities since they have contacts and can haggle down the price...the staff was very honest. ..my friend left 2 pairs of her flipflops.and when i emailed them they responded right away and continuously communicated with me about it. they had safely kept it..and so we were able to retrieve our flipflops. we just sent money for the shipping fee and they immediately sent it.. thank you very much to LC at the front desk and to the staff of villa romero.more power to your resort.. kudos!:-)

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

we stayed there over new years for 4 days and very much enjoyed our stay. the staff were very helpful and the rooms were great. we even got a free upgrade to a bigger room on the last night! overall we couldnt ask for a better place to sleep. i highly recommend villa romero for those who are seeking budget accomodation. good location, great value for money!

• Stayed December 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great, 100m to the beach at station 3. We booked and payed for two nights and wish we only booked for one. The room was large with two beds and the tv had a lot of channels. The bedding and towels were clean, but smelt like they had been soaked in bleach. The bathroom was dark and the floor was constantly wet (couldn't find the cause for it to be so wet), and the toilet didn't flush properly. The room smelt disgusting it was a very strong chemical smell mixed with damp (when we were showed to the room the young receptionist asked if we wanted him to spray air freshener, this is not how to solve the problem!) the room was damp and our clothes felt damp after staying there.
Sleeping - the beds are comfortable, the aircon was abit noisy but this blocked some of the noise from outside. However sleeping past 7am was almost impossible due to noise! There is a road running alongside the hotel, and it is one of the few roads leading to the beach that vehicles can go down making it very busy and very noisy!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Romero de Boracay? Share your experiences!