“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Henann Lagoon Resort

Save Saved
You added Henann Lagoon Resort to your Saves list
Henann Lagoon Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Station 2, Balabag, Philippines (Formerly Regency Lagoon Resort)   |
Ranked #15 of 132 hotels in Boracay
Philippines
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a very wonderful time here. Check in was a breeze. We are so lucky that we were able to check in early...we were in our room by 8am! Thank you to the front desk guys! This is such a great convenience because we were up by 3am to get to the airport for the early flight. So we were able to take a little power nap before enjoying the pool.

The pool was perfect. We travelled with a very active 3 year old and stayed in a premiere room with pool access. Everyone should get this type of room to maximize stay at Regency lagoon.

Shuttle service to their sister hotel, Boracay regency, was prompt. The buffet breakfast was filling. Too bad we were not able to try the buffet dinner. We did try the room service, serving was pretty big and we were full after the meal.

To save on tricycle fare, take the shuttle to Boracay Regency and walk from there to the D'mall. It's just a five minute walk. We bought our supply of water, yogurt drinks and snacks at the grocery.

Sometimes i just dont get why lobby bathrooms do not have diaper changing stations. Just wondering.

Some restaurants at D'mall, like Bite Clube, deliver to hotels! Now I know what to do if I'm craving for a burger snack. :)

It was a very hassle free vacation. :)

Room Tip: It is best to get a pool access room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Iloilo City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The rooms are clean, well-maintained and spacious, most of which come with 2 double beds. The hotel environs is very meticulously maintained (for instance, hallway sand ashtrays are cleaned and stamped with the hotel's shell logo everyday).

The hotel pool is world class, and is one of the biggest attractions of this hotel (as well as the other Regency hotel by the beach).

Food and service is average. The breakfast buffet is tasty and plentiful enough, but don't expect something memorable since it's just the usual bacon, eggs and sausages everyday. The hotel staff are friendly and attentive enough, but not hospitable, welcoming or enthusiastic.

The hotel's location is an issue -- it's not by the beach front. You can either take a 2- to 3-minute walk to the beach front or a one-minute ride on a shuttle. It's an almost imperceptible inconvenience, and plenty of hotel patrons actually consider it a plus since it makes the hotel quieter compared some other beachfront hotels. But if what you're looking for is action the second you step out of your hotel, this isn't for you.

Another thing about the location is that while it's a very short walk to the beachfront (not even five minutes, the hotel's owner emphasized to us one time over breakfast), you'd have to walk through typical Philippine alleys. It's not dangerous or anything, but you will have to deal with tricycles (motorized pedicabs), trisikads (ordinary, bike-powered pedicabs), cars, dust, water puddles and the like, all under the heat of our tropical Philippine sun. It may be a shot walk, but it's not necessarily pleasant.

Overall, I consider this hotel excellent. I stay here with my wife and kids every year when we go to Boracay for New Year celebrations (although I must admit my wife and I are considering staying at El Centro next time -- kind of hard walking to the beach with three very young kids, one of whom has autism).

Room Tip: They're a bit pricier, but we always go for the rooms by the pool. We just jump right in with t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I were walking along the Main Road on Boracay Island when we passed by the Regency Lagoon Resort and decided to check it out.

We found out that they had a dinner buffet for PhP 495+ [doesn't include 21% tax] and 50% off on their cocktails. We ordered Chi-chi which was an amazing cocktail - the pineapple and coconut cream mix was luscious.

We stayed for dinner and sat next to the pool area. The service is excellent and the buffet selection was really good.

If you should find yourself in Boracay Island, this is a great place to have dinner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've been to boracay several times, and I must say this is the best resort I've been to that is very near Station 2.

LOCATION
The resort is located on the small main road around 100 to 200 meters away parallel to the beach front, You can just do a quick 5 minute walk, or use the resort's free golf cart shuttle service to their sister property, the Boracay Regency. I am not a big fan of staying on the beach front (crowded, noisy, overdeveloped), so the Regency lagoon's location is perfect.

The "talipapa" market is also only a block away, so you can do your "pasalubong" shopping there.

POOL
The pool is HUGE! It's like you have your own private oasis, and you will not want to leave the resort anymore.

ROOMS
The rooms are big and spacious. We got the 2nd floor room with a view of the pool. Amenities are top notch.

FOOD
We loved the breakfast buffet. The provide a wide assortment of choices, and the restaurant is located poolside so the ambiance is priceless.

VALUE FOR MONEY
This resort is cheaper compared to their beachfront property - Boracay Regency. We saved around P2000 per person by simply choosing the Regency Lagoon.

Room Tip: Try to get the 1st floor rooms with balconies that open directly to the pool. Its like you have your...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place is amazing. From the moment you arrive at the airport, you can already relax because they will take care of everything. They have their own van and their own speed boat to reach the island. From there, they will pick you up in another van then drive you to the hotel.

I was a bit surprised when we arrived that the picture of the room, pool and resort that we see on their website is exactly what you will get and experience once you're there. The rooms were very clean, the view from the balcony was great and most of all, the food was really good. It was quite far from the beach but that was fine because they have a golf cart shuttle that you can take any time (until 10 pm). This resort really had a service with a smile. For all the staff that was on their shift during my stay, my hat is off to you guys!

I highly highly recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

It has to be one of the most satisfying stays I have ever had in any hotel globally. This hotel is 5 mins walking distance from White Beach and meets all requirements of a potential Boracay reveller. They have a lovely swimming pool and the staff is extremely friendly and courteous. The chef remembered what I had ordered a day earlier for breakfast. That's what I call really personalised service... The rooms are clean, airy and spacious with a lovely balcony overlooking the pool.
2 things that didn't work for me - No free wifi in the room and poor selection of breakfast set for vegetarians. For a non vegetarian - i enjoyed my ham and cheese omelet :)
I will stay here again If I come back to Boracay

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
united states
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel simply went beyond meeting my expectations. The transfer was hassle free and very quick via the hotel's speed boat. Check in was a breeze. We were even accompanied by the receptionist named Keevin to our room and gave us helpful infos about the hotel and the island. Service was very personalized, I may say. The housekeeping, gym, pool and cafe staff were all very polite, courteous and very attentive to your needs specifically a waiter named Marnel who seemed to be very hardworking. Breakfast buffet was delicious and had a variety of food to choose from catering to the taste of different nationalities. I got the chance to see the different room types and I'd say they are all well designed. The hotel can boast of it's very beautiful and vast pool! The gym would be better if it was bigger with more equipments. Regency Lagoon is a service oriented hotel that aims to please it's guests and was successful in doing so during my kinda long vacation in Boracay. I am one pleased and satisfied guest who will definitely be back! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Request for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Henann Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!