Stayed in this hotel last Jul2011. Very impressed! We paid approx 5k pesos (roughly 110 usd) per person for a 3D2N package that includes 2nights stay in family room + airport transfer + buffet breakfast + set dinner. We simply enjoyed a luxury stay but at an affordable price, definitely the best value for money.
Things i like:
1. Family room is superb! There are 2 rooms (1 room has 1 queen size + 1 super single, and another has 2 super single beds). Room is very spacious and clean. Since this is a relatively new hotel, interiors are still very new.
2. Hotel itself has a very big swimming pool, that's why it's called a lagoon perhaps :). You can dip into the pool without feeling too much crowded. Just a sidenote, I notice they have lots of Korean visitors.
3. Location & Transport - it's just a stone-throw away to Talipapa with less than a 5min walk, this is the place to go to for fresh seafood and souvenier shopping, love it!. The hotel btw is not very near to the beach. and to compensate for that, you can take their van transfer to Boracay Regency (their sister company which is a beachfront hotel). The van intervals are very frequent, and the ride is like a 3min ride. You can actually walk if you want to, perhaps it will take you 8-10min or so. Since this is not a beachfront hotel, you'll enjoy a peaceful night without pub noises.
4. Food - I notice there were several bad reviews with the food. For me, the buffet breakfast is typical, nothing much to complain about. I was quite satisfied, other than the usual continental breafast stuff, was able to have some Filipino dishes like palabok, tapa, puto, etc. For the dinner set menu included in our package, the first night we had bistek and cream dory - unfortunately we didnt quite like it. The second night we enjoyed the dinner set more, we had lobster and beef. For the price that we paid, this is already more than what I expected.
5. Service - staff was quite helpful. No bad experience whatsoever.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going to Boracay.
Other recommended things to do:
-take the day tour which brings you to Crystal Cove Island, Pucca beach, etc
-rent a motorbike to take you to Shangrila Boracay, it's worth the time. The motorbike driver also took us to Mt Luho viewpoint which offers a great view of the whole Boracay.
-tons of water sport activities, just check it out with your hotel.