“A Charming B&B with Heart” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lazy Dog Bed & Breakfast

You added Lazy Dog Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Lazy Dog Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Palomar, Bolabog Beach, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #15 of 188 Boracay B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manila, Philippines
“A Charming B&B with Heart”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

It was my first time to stay at The Lazy Dog B&B for this Boracay trip, and I was immediately taken by the charming, intimate courtyard that relaxed me and raised my spirits. Service was very friendly, warm, down to earth and gracious. I met a lot of wonderful friends - fellow travellers from all parts of the globe - in the courtyard where everyone gravitated to, which had big, comfy pillows, hammocks and low tables which were perfect for meals, cocktails and hanging out during the day. A big, old, beautiful tree stands in the middle of the courtyard, surrounded by tropical foliage and cheerful decor. It is such a serene setting that makes one really breathe and immerse oneself in the beauty of this natural environment. The winds on this part of the island are stronger, so we enjoyed a very cool breeze in the evenings.

Rooms are simple yet very comfortable and tastefully done, each with its own private balcony. A short, pleasant walk leads you to D'Mall and onto the main beaches of the Boracay.

The place is perfect for traveling solo, with friends and even with family. The kids seem to love the place too.

The owner, Djila, is ever the perfect host who put me instantly at ease and gathered guests to get to know one another. What a great place to be. I would go back to The Lazy Dog in a heartbeat - it has a great energy about it and made my recent trip a very memorable one!

Room Tip: I like the ground floor rooms that are 2 steps away from the courtyard - Room 101 is great!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Attentive staff. Great breakfast though there's no much variety.
Clean bedroom, quiet surrounding.
Great location, walking distance to White beach and D'mall, Bolabog beach is just behind Lazy Dog.
Definitely will come back again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were a group of 4. Booked 2 standard rooms from 27-30 dec even though our total length of duration was for 6 days but Lazy Dog had no free rooms for last two nights. I liaised over email with Angela from Lazy Dog, she was really helpful and patient! At first, they had no available rooms but I kept checking in on them to see when rooms would be released and each time she replied my email and finally gave me some good news for 2 rooms. She also helped with airport transfer and other tips on where to go in Boracay, she sees each request to the end. She was a really reliable local I could count on for help as a first-timer in Boracay, she seemed more like a friend than a hotel staff to me (Boss of Lazy Dog, if you are reading this Angela is highly recommended for a pay increment!)
Staff was very attentive to our needs - for e.g. we went during rainy season and they were always ready to lend umbrellas as we walked around the compound. My friend also had a cut on his leg and they provided first aid kit a few times to clean his wounds. Also met one of the owners of Lazy Dog called Geela (I think my spelling is incorrect), she made sure everything was okay and to our liking during our stay there. As she stayed in Lazy Dog as well, it seemed as though she was extending her warmth of her house to us travellers. The first night of the stay though, my bed was sandy underneath the covers, but as I had arrived late at night I could not get it changed. My friend's bed however, seemed okay. The only unfavorable comment I have would be about the bed - it is too hard. Woke up with backache the next day. And pillows were old and lumpy. Other than that, it was a great place to stay. It is walkable distance to station 2 where food and partying takes place, yet it is far enough so that we are not bothered by the music when we slept. There was no need to take any tricycles unless we went to the far end of station 1.
I also did kitesurfing and Bulabog beach was just a minute's walk away. Breakfast was so yummy (compared to the second hotel I had to move to) and decor was cheerful and homey. And Whiskey the dog was wonderfully lazy. Great companion to take photographs with and he doesn't mind strangers at all. After having to move to another hotel at station 1 for the last 2 nights, we kept wishing we were back at Lazy Dog because we had issues with the standards of the hotel condition, staff, food and location. Lazy Dog seemed the best accommodation to us, so I would definitely go back to Lazy Dog B&B to stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor did not have lizards on the patio ceiling at night.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Cebu Island, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Can't beat the location- far away enough from the usual tourist crowds, but only a few steps from the kitesurfing beach and a brisk 5-minute walk through the quiet residential area (and across the main road) to the D'mall entrance and White Beach.

Great value for money- our room was large and very clean, the breakfasts were delicious (mango pancakes and beef tapa were our favorites), and the service was very warm and helpful. We were made comfortable even when we arrived during an evening blackout.

Additional perks: a cozy outdoor lounge, a well-stocked bookshelf (managed to finish one book during our stay), and the company of Whiskey, the resident retriever.

Room Tip: You'll need to specify which bed type you prefer- we understood the queen beds were limited for...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Arrived in the dark, and was nervous at first. However I was immediately at ease from the awesome staff and environment Food is good, try the beef tapas! Really short walk to either beach! I would definitely come back. And the music is world class.

• Stayed December 2013
Östersund
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Lazy Dog really is a wonderful B&B. Amazing staff that treat you like family, amazing food (The mango pancake is to die for. And the chicken. And the pork), friendly atmosphere and it´s right next to the kite surfing beach, Bulabog. A little longer walk to get to White Beach, but not too bad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

What can I say? I loved the earthy furnishings, lounge-y outdoor dining area, awesome breakfast and quiet location from the minute I arrived. If that wasn't enough, the staff took amazing care of us during Typhoon Yolanda - I don't think I've ever received such kind, personal attention anywhere else in the world! It's best place on the island, hands down. I would go back to Boracay just to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lazy Dog Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!