“a great, unexpected Stay !” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Tulubhan Manoc Manoc, Aklan Province 5608, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Honeymoon Package
Ranked #8 of 134 Hotels in Boracay
“a great, unexpected Stay !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

After making the trip from Korea to Boracay, my friend and I arrived at the Monaco Suites quiet dizzy. But the way we were welcomed and the absolute ravissant location of the hotel brought us immediately in an ultimate holiday feeling.
The staff was extremely polite, hotel was clean and the view was stunning.
Taking the great breakfast with a view over the bay, was something you will really adore.

Off course we didn't stay in the hotel during all of our stay, so we also visited several times the Private Beach at White Beach. The seawater almost too hot :) sand as white as clouds, and great smoothies in the bar.

To resume our stay, we expected some normal hotel with nice staff and maybe a good view, but we were overwhelmed by a great and helpful staff, with a stunning view, good food, and lovely people.

worth a visit !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Busan, Busan, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

In the past couple weeks I had the pleasure of traveling through Boracay in the Philippines. As beautiful as the island is, the trip was so special because of Monaco Suites de Boracay. This 5 star hotel has beautiful and clean rooms, amazing service and staff, and is overall the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff at this hotel was excellent! Ally at the front desk, to Tess and Herbert on housekeeping, all the way to Jacob in the bar-- we had stellar service! Everything you needed was right at the hotel. The rooms were spotless, the view was amazing, and the food was delicious! I was so impressed with the breakfast buffet with its endless options! In addition, I really enjoyed the fact that Monaco Suites was exclusive and quiet, and a great break from the hustle of White Beach. I recommend this hotel to anyone planning to travel to Boracay and I will definitely be coming back to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I simply loved this place! We got this place via a Groupon voucher, and it included the airport transfer and all. Our first flight was delayed, resulting in us missing the connecting flight. By the time we arrived at Caticlan airport, it was already 3 hours after our initially scheduled arrival time. The guy from Monaco had apparently waited for us at the airport for nearly 4 hours by then!

All the staff were really friendly and helpful. I think the most important thing is that you could tell they were genuinely sincere and happy working here. I didn't quite get all the names, but off the top of my head, there was the housekeeping guy Joel, the guy who brought us to/from airport Florence, and the good-looking dude at the restaurant who seemed to work 24/7.

Because of the rainy weather (it keeps drizzling in June) and my brother was also unwell (the shuttle van driver also dropped us off at the clinic along the way, thanks!), we ended up spending most of the time in the resort itself. But I must say that on a positive note, at least we were spending our time at THIS resort which was pretty much self-contained with all the necessary facilities than anywhere else. If we couldn't get pretty pictures of the beautiful beach, at least we got pretty pictures of the resort!

Restaurant food was great, (the only day when we ate out resulted in my brother falling sick) but tend to come in larger portions than what we could finish. Sorry about the leftovers.

Only grumble I had was on the day before our departure. We went down to reception at about 4pm to ask if they were still able to arrange for us to do helmet diving on that evening. My brother had finally felt slightly better and we were trying to do a last-minute salvage of our holiday you see. Anyway, the receptionist said yes, there was still time for us to do helmet diving and a Monaco representative immediately put us on a van and drove all the way to the beach. However, upon arrival, he checked with the counter and told us that helmet diving booking was already closed. Asked us if we wanted to do parasailing for 1500 pesos instead, which I refused flatly. I think we were more annoyed by the waste of time and getting our hopes up for nothing. Surely he could have just checked by calling them first, instead of driving us all the way there? He then took us back to the hotel by a tricycle, and to his credit, he later tried to make up for it by arranging for a 8am helmet diving experience the next day (we had to leave the hotel by 11am). When we got back to the hotel that evening though, and asked for snorkelling gear which are apparently free to borrow within the resort premises, we were told that they were spoiled, which added to that sour evening.

But other than that slightly annoying evening, we were pretty much happy with the service they provided throughout our stay, so I'm still giving it a 5 star rating!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
saudi arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We took the two bedroom apartment, it is about 132sqm , with large living room and good size kitchen
The resort is excellent in term of apartment’s size, friendly staff, especially the hotel manger, there breakfast is also good with variety of food, the resort restaurant is also good
excellent horizontal swimming pool , it is a great place for people who like see view , the resort is in the beach , but the beach is not good for swimming , they have shuttle bus to the D mall

Room Tip: Great size for families apartments
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

OK. Rooms are old, bed sheets old and it gives a feeling like It's dirty.

Bathroom is ugly and it leaks. And I saw insects in the bathroom ceiling.

View is decent, But location is far from everything.

Food here is bad and only one restaurant. This place is like an insect magnet and They need some pest control.

Worst of all, we wanted to go to front beach at 11.30pm. We asked them to call us a taxi (tricycle ), and They said They cannot and asked me to walk down to the main road. For God's sake, It's a 20 minutes walk on a dark and scary road.

I own one of the largest tour agencies in USA, and I will never recommend this place to anyone. For the amount of money They charge, this is a ripoff.

NOt a five star. I give them 2 stars at most!

• Stayed June 2013
Manila, Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I so love this hotel. Although it's a bit off the white beach, it's very tranquil and peaceful. The one bedroom suite is so big that I can even dance wherever I want. The kitchen is well equipped. The bath tub is separated to the shower. Even the bathroom is so spacious. Love the mango juice that they offer as welcome drinks. The breakfast is ok, but I expect more given the price. The swimming pool and jacuzzi is to die for! It's worth the price. Although we stayed just for one night. Mostly because I only wanted a peaceful place after traveling from Manila to here. We then went to white beach for some night life. :)

Room Tip: If you love party and the night life, choose a good hotel in white beach. Just make sure to choose o...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The congestion of White Beach can be a bit overwhelming travelling with small children - thankfully Monaco Suites is set back on the hills away from the noise and madness, but with direct transfers to White Beach and D Mall as required. The suite we stayed in was quite large, great bedrooms, and a fantastic view! The staff were all excellent, and the pool was lovely. Breakfasts were fine, and room service was available as required. Overall though, the staff were the highlight of our stay - courteous, cheerful and always willing to help!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Monaco Suites de Boracay? Share your experiences!