Wow, what a way to arrive. We were met at Caticlan airport by Florence from Monaco Suites. Within minutes we were in a mini van heading to the beach, ready for our transfer to Boracay. FYI, Caticlan airport is less than a 5minute drive to the ferry terminal and beach (so the closest place to fly into). We literally stopped on the beach and walked to a speed boat (owned by Monaco). Champagne was popped and we toasted the beginning of our holiday as we speed over to Boracay (a 5minute boat ride). Worth every cent of the 3000pesos return for both my husband and I (from airport to hotel in 15minutes or so is brilliant – and the hassle of doing it yourself just not worth it). Our return was just as fast - back to Caticlan airport in 20minutes door to door (now that is brilliant).
Monaco Suites - this place looks and feels like Oia in Santorini (perched high on a hill, villas, gorgeous colours with yellow and white). And it is whisper quiet. Whilst it is in the slightlier windier side of the island, the vibe is like time standing still with gorgeous views – making you feel like you are miles from anywhere.
When you need the hustle and bustle, the free shuttle van runs every 45 minutes to White Beach (D’Mall) and return. Super simple. Alternatively, you can also take the hourly shuttle to Station 3 and the private beach area for Monaco. We went down daily to D’Mall to indulge in hour long full body massage – finding the best place to be Harmonya Spa (station 2) with touts waiting on the beach (for air con full body we paid 350peso). It was also great to sit and watch the world go bye or walk along the beach, stopping for refreshing juices at Jonah’s.
Breakfast at Monaco for us was all inclusive in the room price. And talk about great - it leaves you wanting and needing nothing. Very European – yogurt (Emmi from Switzerland), breads/pastries, meats/smoked salmon, local hot dishes, nectars, great coffee, fresh fruit and omelette’s made to order. You are also served chilled filtered water – delicious to drink.
We ate at Monaco Suites one night – highly recommended as it is so easy (what is easier than a 2 minute walk from your villa). Both my husband and I had the pork ribs and fries – delicious with the meat falling off the bone (just the way you want it). There is also a good menu and great bar.
The stay at Monaco is brilliant – whisper quiet, huge suites, great showers, large fridges and kitchens (2 free bottles of water daily) and in terms of Wifi at Monaco – it is free and fast (accessible from everywhere). There is also a gym (which we visited daily) – treadmill and orbital bike got a workout – thank goodness for the air con.
In terms of Monaco staff – super friendly – from security to Sandra in the restaurant (who makes the best mango smoothie) and Ervin in the restaurant, Honey who was our email contact (and very helpful), Jayson who cleaned our room/helped us with DVD machine, Dionie who was always smiling and welcoming at D’Mall and the manager Thomas who personally assisted us during our stay.
What a great country - we love Filipinos – very friendly, smiley and helpful.
Finally: Best to change money in Manila as the rate is higher than Boracay. USD is the currency to bring (as it yields a better return than AUD).
- Also Known As:
- Monaco Suites De Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Monaco Suites De Boracay Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Monaco Suites on Boracay IslandMonaco Suites de Boracay is the only luxurious exclusive all-suite resort on the island under German Management. Situated in a 16,000 square meter estate in Boracay’s finest location along a seaside hill, Monaco Suites boasts of spacious units sprawling out across well-maintained landscaped tropical gardens, with a panoramic view of Bulabog Beach and Mt. Luho (the highest elevation on the Island) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Monaco Suites de Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.