“Boracay's Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 131 hotels in Boracay
West Allis, Wisconsin
“Boracay's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

How many times can you say "WOW"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the third resort we have stayed at in Boracay and I must say its the absolute "Best" If first impressions are lasting impressions (as the saying goes), I was sold on the very first encounter with the staff from Monaco. Here is the second WOW!!!! We arrived at the Cataclan airport and was greeted by our transfer representative. He led us to a vehicle for transport to Monaco's private boat. Upon departing for the island resort, we were served a nice glass of wine. The check in was very swift, and very friendly. We were taken to our Villa (351). Here comes the 3RD WOW. Upon opening our door, I was in awe!!!! The Villa was beautiful and very spacious. (Let my pics show you what I mean). A wonderful view from are veranda. The pool was shaped like a dolphin. Very pretty site.
Now to the next "WOW". Our trip found us hungry so we went to their restaurant for something to eat. Since we were going to be spending 5 nights there, I decided to start at the top of the menu. Wonderful food coupled by great service. The breakfast was buffet style with many traditional dishes. I wish they served breakfast all day long. As we were eating our dinner at the pool bar, we asked the bartender if you could order something which was not on the menu. He excused himself saying her would be right back. We were then greeted by Joe Ben, the Chef. He asked us what would we like to eat. We told him sweet and sour grouper. He said i will purchase the fish tomorrow and serve it to you tomorrow night. Now this is going over and beyond the service we expected. Here's antother "WOW". I also have to mention that on the day we were to depart, we had a very early flight (7:30 AM), we asked if we could come to the restaurant for just some coffee, tea and toast as the restaurant did not open until 6 AM. Upon sitting down at our table, the waitress said that the restaurant has prepared a special breakfast for us since we had to depart early. This gesture was greatly appreciated.
Our transfer from the resort to the airport was quick, but sad as we really wanted to stay longer.
We parted ways with the staff saying. "See you in April".
Yes, we are going back, and yes I will be saying may more "WOWS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Monaco for the pleasurable stay.

Room Tip: Our Villa required some down hill walking but so well worth the walk.

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had a blast on Boracay and I must have guessed this resort is one of the culprit. ;) Staffs were friendly, food was excellent, the dolphin pool is gorgeous.
I didn't find the private beach attractive though, but I did some photos taking there for fun.
The villa that I stayed has super huge dining room and kitchen (that actually work) so my boyfriend and I did a little cook and stayed home for watching basketball.
I ordered spa for the inroom service (only 1000pesos)! and it was awesome!
I sure will go back here if I had time. =)

Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed there for 9 days in October 9-19, 2012 which is mid-season. Very well managed facility, friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfasts and hotel restaurant. The hotel beach is not great but still swimmable. Shuttle service to the central beach of Boracay is very reliable and convenient.

Room Tip: Lower villas are more quiet and private. i.e. away from public roads and view. Also the sea view fro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just spent 5 magical nights at Monaco Suites. From the moment we got off the plane the hotel staff looked after our every need.
We had a quick boat trip to the island whilst sipping on champange, then a quick mini van transfer to the resort.
On arrival we were treated to a refreshing welcome cocktail then we were whisked away to our suite.
We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was massive. The view is just spectacular. The room was beautiful and clean and had eveything we desired.
There was a wonderful array of breakfast options but unfortunately the hot food was COLD (which seems to be an ongoing problem after reading other reviews I just thought other people were being too fussy). This was the only downside to our stay as it wouldn't be hard to invest in some better heating options for the hot food. We enjoyed a nice dinner at Monaco and again the service made our night!
Although the resort was absolutely stunning I feel the staff made our holiday that much more enjoyable as theyreally seemed to enjoy saying good morning etc and seem like they would go out of their way to do anything for you.
Each day we caught the shuttle to D Mall or Coco Loco and this wasn't a problem for us but did wonder if it would be easier just to stay on White Beach. The only thing would be that we would have missed the amazing customer service from all of the wonderful Monaco staff.
We noticed quite a few guests complaining about the incline up the steep hill to catch the shuttle bus and wondered why the resort don't run people back and forth in their little buggies as staff seem to be plentiful and I think this would prove to make more happy customers return to Monaco Suites. What was even more suprising was that the staff would drive past people and not think to give them a lift up the hill. This didn't bother us as we were staying near the top of the resort but I think it would have been a different story if we were staying at the bottom of the resort.
We would return to Monaco in a heart beat, not only for the amazing facilities and the stunning views but most importantly for the best customer service we have ever received any where in the world.
I do hope Monaco management realise their staff make this resort.

Room Tip: I could only imagine all of the rooms are stunning at this resort and they all seem to have a wonder...
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I travelled to Boracay alone, after I finished a work trip. I'd never travelled by myself overseas and was a little nervous, but from the moment I was picked up from the airport by Monaco Suites I knew I would be in great hands!

STAFF
The customer service at Monaco was absolutely amazing, and made this place stand out amongst the majority of places I've stayed. It wasn't just that they were friendly and polite; they were personable, kind, and went out of their way to make you comfortable. They would have conversations with you and be genuinely interested. They bent over backwards to give you the best service. Special thanks to Tess, Laila and Reyan!

ROOMS
One word - amazing. The views from the rooms are spectacular. Each room has a huge balcony, and the most breathtaking view of the ocean. I relaxed on the balcony, just taking in the view, and felt completely content.
The suites are huge, with hood quality furnishings, large TV and cable, as well as free wifi. The speeds for the wifi were good enough for me to Skype my family back home :)
The bed was a little firm for my liking, but housekeeping came to the rescue straight away with some sort of padding to make it softer. Slept like a baby.
The bathroom was awaiting maintenance but while not the best, I couldn't rate the hotel anything less than 5 based on everything else.

BREAKFAST
The view from the restaurant, like the rooms, was amazing. I found it extremely relaxing enjoying my breakfast and taking in the view!
This wasn't the best breakfast buffet I've been to, compared to others. The selection was fairly basic, while enjoyable. This is probably because it is not over-run with tourists - at times there were only 3-4 tables filled. I wondered at the time if it would be more cost effective for them, and more enjoyable for the guest, just to order from the menu. While selection was lacking, the customer service certainly was not and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience!

BEACH
Monaco Suites overlooks the beautiful Bulabog Beach, the place to be for kitesurfung. This part of the beach is quite windy. From my balcony, I'd watch the locals fish, and kites everywhere. I explored the shore and found the perfect hideaways to sit with a book and just relax. I didn't swim at this beach.
Monaco also has a private peace of paradise in White Beach. This is about a 5 min shuttle away (free of course). I swam for hours, this is what Boracay is famous for! The water is clear, sand is soft, just heavenly! I recommend you have a mango shake at Coco Loco and soak it all up. Loved it!

SPA
Monaco used Bella Isa, which is right next to Coco Loco. I enjoyed a 2 hour treatment, very relaxing and a great price! The only thing I didn't really like was that there were only curtain partitions instead of private rooms, but you can't have it all I guess!

ACTIVITIES
I booked an Island Hopping boat trip fairly last minute from the hotel. They arrange an array of activities at a good price to save you from bartering on the beach ;) I enjoyed the trip and met some great people, however we only 'hopped' to one island and the people running the boat didn't communicate very well with us. A few things you should know before going! Don't expect luxury (unless you book a catamaran I guess), wear your bathers before you leave as you need to wade waist deep in the water to get onto the boat, and consider bringing your own snorkel if you're a little funny about sharing! This was a great day, but more so due to the people and the surroundings than the operators.

OTHER HINTS
- Bring a book to the airport, as there is literally nothing to do there :)
- Wear shorts and cheap shoes as you're coming or leaving Boracay. You'll have to step through a tiny bit of shallow water and sand to board the boat.
- Travel light - do you really need more than 10kg?
- Room Service at Monaco was BRILLIANT!
- try to book in advance for activities - not too far in advance, maybe the day before?

Overall, fantastic stay, I loved every minute with the exception of leaving!

• Stayed October 2012
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

As a hotelier myself, I will say that this hotel have created alot of WOWs moment from the time we arrived, check- in, during stay, check out and departed to Kalibo on the hotel transportation. It's all worth going and staying at the other part of Boracay, even though its far away from the busy station of 1,2&3 and i will say they make it up with their excellent service.

The suite that me and my family was staying commanded a breathtaking view of the ocean, i guess the staff there notice that we have an infant and have locate us right on the highest level of the villas which is without much saying very close to the shuttle going hourly to the bussing part of the island.

We arrived on the island quite late and decided to spend the first night staying at the station 3 instead. Knowing that in case we will need to travel to Monaco the next day by our own expenses, but i have try my luck by email if they can fetch us up in station 3 and without much hesitation, they've came a reply saying that they will be more than happy to arrange it with Pito hut for our pickup the next day.

Next day as promised there was a driver and bellman right at our door step ready to transport us to Monaco Suites. We was bought to the company mini van which is parked at the inner side of a busy road waiting for us and the journey take less than 15 mins. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were ferry by a 6seater buggy to the reception area which is located down hill and was welcome by 3 glasses of chill refreshing mango smoothies.

The checking in process take less than 5mins and we were ferry to our assigned suites right after that. The moment when we enter the suites, the air conditioning was already switched on and this was much appreciated as it was 32 degrees outside. It was just a one bedroom suite that we are staying in, but we were WOW by the huge space that we have. First of all, the living area was double the side of the bedroom and we have a balcony the size of the bedroom and without saying there is ample space for my one and the half years old daughter to run around without us worrying that she will bump into something. Since all is huge and that goes without much emphasizing on the bathroom.

The following day, we took the shuttle out to D'Mall and putting up the makeup room signage before leaving. We were out the whole day and only return back in the evening, to our surprise we were greeted by the heart shape display of flower arranged on the bed with a pair of love swan that is makeup of orange stripe bath towel and yes we did let them know that it our wedding anniversary when we make this reservation. The night before i remember the door leading to the bedroom was creaking when i try to open and close it and this really create a lot of inconvenience especially when my daughter is sleeping and I'm trying to get out to the living room at time, but the next day it was gone and i guess someone must have put some oil on it, this really show how dedicated their attention to details.

On the night before our departure, we are still worry on how are we suppose to get to the Kalibo airport which is 2 hours ride away. This worry was solved by the wonderful staff Rhea at the front desk which help us to arrange a company mini van to Kalibo the next day.

On our departure, Florence was there for our departure to the jetty. There not a time i need to worry on my luggage as it all been well taken care of, my hand was free so i can concentrate on carrying my daughter. Right at the jetty, Florence was also there to charter to our every needs, right from boarding, loading of our luggage and making sure we arrived the other end safety.

The journey to the airport was without saying, the mini van we are in smell new and clean. The driver was quiet throughout the journey but guess it will be safer for us that way. We reached the airport as target and boarded the plane leaving our most memorable experience behind, this wouldn't be possible if it not for this few personnel that make my wedding anniversary a unforgettable one. I will like to thanks Lea, Rhea, Arnold, Florence and the housekeeping team.

Room Tip: Request for a room at the highest peak of the resort
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

It is my 3rd time staying at Monaco Suites and everytime I visit Boracay I keep coming back and stay at this property, It is an excellent hotel that provides a customer service that exceeds every travelers expectations. The facilities are great, and the staff is friendly and attentive. Unlike chain hotels, in Monaco Suites you feel at home. They remember your name, your past stay and even one of your preferences.

For everyone out there, Monaco Suites de Boracay is a must to experience!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Monaco Suites de Boracay? Share your experiences!