“A memorable and unforgettable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Monaco Suites de Boracay
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Tulubhan Manoc Manoc, 5608, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 131 hotels in Boracay
Singapore, Singapore
“A memorable and unforgettable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

As a hotelier myself, I will say that this hotel have created alot of WOWs moment from the time we arrived, check- in, during stay, check out and departed to Kalibo on the hotel transportation. It's all worth going and staying at the other part of Boracay, even though its far away from the busy station of 1,2&3 and i will say they make it up with their excellent service.

The suite that me and my family was staying commanded a breathtaking view of the ocean, i guess the staff there notice that we have an infant and have locate us right on the highest level of the villas which is without much saying very close to the shuttle going hourly to the bussing part of the island.

We arrived on the island quite late and decided to spend the first night staying at the station 3 instead. Knowing that in case we will need to travel to Monaco the next day by our own expenses, but i have try my luck by email if they can fetch us up in station 3 and without much hesitation, they've came a reply saying that they will be more than happy to arrange it with Pito hut for our pickup the next day.

Next day as promised there was a driver and bellman right at our door step ready to transport us to Monaco Suites. We was bought to the company mini van which is parked at the inner side of a busy road waiting for us and the journey take less than 15 mins. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were ferry by a 6seater buggy to the reception area which is located down hill and was welcome by 3 glasses of chill refreshing mango smoothies.

The checking in process take less than 5mins and we were ferry to our assigned suites right after that. The moment when we enter the suites, the air conditioning was already switched on and this was much appreciated as it was 32 degrees outside. It was just a one bedroom suite that we are staying in, but we were WOW by the huge space that we have. First of all, the living area was double the side of the bedroom and we have a balcony the size of the bedroom and without saying there is ample space for my one and the half years old daughter to run around without us worrying that she will bump into something. Since all is huge and that goes without much emphasizing on the bathroom.

The following day, we took the shuttle out to D'Mall and putting up the makeup room signage before leaving. We were out the whole day and only return back in the evening, to our surprise we were greeted by the heart shape display of flower arranged on the bed with a pair of love swan that is makeup of orange stripe bath towel and yes we did let them know that it our wedding anniversary when we make this reservation. The night before i remember the door leading to the bedroom was creaking when i try to open and close it and this really create a lot of inconvenience especially when my daughter is sleeping and I'm trying to get out to the living room at time, but the next day it was gone and i guess someone must have put some oil on it, this really show how dedicated their attention to details.

On the night before our departure, we are still worry on how are we suppose to get to the Kalibo airport which is 2 hours ride away. This worry was solved by the wonderful staff Rhea at the front desk which help us to arrange a company mini van to Kalibo the next day.

On our departure, Florence was there for our departure to the jetty. There not a time i need to worry on my luggage as it all been well taken care of, my hand was free so i can concentrate on carrying my daughter. Right at the jetty, Florence was also there to charter to our every needs, right from boarding, loading of our luggage and making sure we arrived the other end safety.

The journey to the airport was without saying, the mini van we are in smell new and clean. The driver was quiet throughout the journey but guess it will be safer for us that way. We reached the airport as target and boarded the plane leaving our most memorable experience behind, this wouldn't be possible if it not for this few personnel that make my wedding anniversary a unforgettable one. I will like to thanks Lea, Rhea, Arnold, Florence and the housekeeping team.

Room Tip: Request for a room at the highest peak of the resort
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

It is my 3rd time staying at Monaco Suites and everytime I visit Boracay I keep coming back and stay at this property, It is an excellent hotel that provides a customer service that exceeds every travelers expectations. The facilities are great, and the staff is friendly and attentive. Unlike chain hotels, in Monaco Suites you feel at home. They remember your name, your past stay and even one of your preferences.

For everyone out there, Monaco Suites de Boracay is a must to experience!

• Stayed October 2012
Sagay City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is located in the more peaceful part of Boracay so it was kind of a haven.

It was a long walk from where the shuttle van parked to the lobby to our suite. It was not a quick check-in or check-out either but the place was worth it.

We learned that there were only three groups of guests that day and we were the ones closest to the pool and the beach so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The private beach was not that great but when you're sleeping right beside it, then I couldn't complain. We also thought we booked a suite with a bathtub but there was none, but hey the pool was just outside the door.

The service was very intuitive. There were staff who would hand you towels after you've been to to the pool even in the middle of the night. It also seemed that they have a lot of employees for very few guests.

Food wasn't as pricey as I thought so it was worth it. I'm hoping to go back here next time I would be in Boracay.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a bathtub, call them first to make sure you have it. :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here for four days from Sept 28 to Oct 1. Upon arriving at the domestic airport we had a van transport us to the jetty for us to take a boat to our hotel. I must say the hotel looks impressive especially when you arrive at the private dock of the hotel and exactly like what it looked in the photos. A very grand entrance indeed from the boat.

We arrived very early in the morning and they had our suite ready for us already after half an hour which was good. The balcony was huge and the suite was nice and clean with a living room, dining table and kitchen too. We were pleasantly surprised that our hotel package came with breakfast, an hour massage at a nearby spa for each of us with a shuttle service included, a choice of a six hour island hopping tour or a jet ski ride, and also a complimentary dinner for two! Very nice touch indeed since I did not expect anything other than a suite as stated in our hotel voucher.

We had pre-booked some tours before arrival through the website My Boracay Guide and so we went ahead to try the jet ski, horse riding, buggy car, go kart, land tour, jet boat and parasailing. We did not know that our hotel also offered such services as it was not stated in their website so it was too late to book from the hotel. I checked the prices. Both were comparable.

The staff were always very friendly and everyone would greet me with a smile no matter whether I recognised them or not. We called for room service a few times during our stay and it was always prompt.

Overall, I would recommend staying here if you are after a great view. We stayed at room 291 which was right at the top of the hill. This had both advantages and disadvantages. The walk to the lobby was easy as it was downhill but uphill was slightly harder. The hotel was a bit further from the main area downtown but that's a compromise for the great view. The shuttle service was every hour so it wasn't too bad. Otherwise we would just take a tricycle back. We had a very lovely stay here.

• Stayed September 2012
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Monaco Suites is a little off the beaten path, but it's worth it. The free shuttle back and forth to D'Mall (adjacent to White Beach) is quick and convenient. We had a beautiful suite with a large terrace with a spectacular view. The whole place is luxurious - from the landscaping to the pool to the fixtures. The restaurant is excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful. It's not the cheapest place in town, but once again, it's worth it!

Room Tip: The rooms are all good. Very quiet and well situated.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Waldwick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

A vacation I will treasure for the rest of my life!!! We were pampered by very friendly and knowledgeable staff, sumptous breakfast everyday, and the free shuttle van to downtown was a treat. Their private beach looks like one of those featured beaches in magazines, and the infinity pool at sunset is a scene to behold. I can't forget the mango shake they greet you with while checking in. I'll go back there in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

= ROOMS, rather, SUITES =
My friends and I stayed in the one-bedroom suite which were HUGEEEE by regular vacation room standards. And that's really nice because after an exhausting day under the hot sun at the beach, you can just throw your beachwear(ware) on the floor, the balcony or bedroom without cluttering the place as you would a regular hotel room =) Note that many apartments are all owned by people and are leased out on their behalf by the management, so every room has different deco. They are equipped with a full kitchen, but no microwave.

= LOCATION =
The location is both good and bad. It's far from action but that could also be the plus point, depending on what you want. The free shuttle service more than makes up for this by being on time, efficient, helpful and super friendly. When there are too many people to fit into the van, they will send another van. Do look out for rude guests who appear from nowhere and shove their way up the van during pickup at White beach.

The hotel is located on top of a hill, offering a stunning view of the deep blues and kite surfers along Bulabog beach. There is a very steep slope leading to the property so it is physically challenging and you have to choose a good tuk tuk! We had an unfortunate accident the first time we took a tuk tuk back to the hotel, but subsequent times were ok. The property is hilly so expect to walk up stairs or slopes every day to breakfast and pick up service.

= FOOD =
The breakfast spread was ok, and sometimes cold. That and lunch is still edible but really, the service is so great, it makes bland food kinda tasty =)

= SERVICE =
What can I say... From security guard to driver to receptionist, they were all so willing to assist. From the point we were picked up at the airport to the hotel check in, we were greeted with huge smiles and when we left, it was truly with regret, both on ours and their faces, because we had forged a friendly relationship throughout the days we were there.

= $$$ =
There are definitely cheaper alternatives a stone throw away from White Beach so why pay more for this place? I'll say the size of the suite, the great service, the tranquility, the comfort, the view, and the choice of being in the middle of the action or having some time out from the noise.

Boracay's beautiful beach and waters, along with this great hideout made my friends and I vow that Boracay and Monaco Suites de Boracay will be our default Beach Getaway in the South East Asia region!

Tip : Expect a crowd of men at the airport or ferry terminal who eagerly fight to and WILL carry your bags and then blatantly tell you how much to pay them after (usually determined by number of bags and how much of a sucker you look like). But, frankly, that's a common sight when travelling to islands, so let that happen, then move on to enjoy your holiday!

Room Tip: You need to balance Sea View and amount to Walk. If you like sea view, some part of all suites shoul...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Monaco Suites de Boracay? Share your experiences!