We stayed 4 nights here (Nov 17-20). Here are some of the Pros and Cons of the Ambassador:
1. Big rooms and spacious bathrooms
2. Excellent beach location in Station 1
3. Nice beach-front restaurant (although this comes with flies on a non-windy day)
4. Nice hotel staff
5. Comfortable, memory-foam type of beds
1. Took 20 minutes to check-in
2. Lobby is a "sweatbox" with little ventiliation
3. Hotel key card wouldn't open door 3 or 4 times
4. Toilet water kept running after flushing
5. AC had to run constantly to keep the room fairly cool (seemed under-powered)
Boracay in general:
We flew into Manila and then connected into Caticlan where you are shuttled a short distance to a boat loading spot. The loading spot made an awful first impression. It's a small building in a dirt parking lot with shacks next to it. The beach where you are picked up is a bee-hive of industrial activity and looks like an eco-disaster.
We then took a 10-minute boat ride from Panay to Boracay and proceeded to hit another Banca boat on the way to the pier. A crash that left a hole in the other boat's hull. After you arrive at the next pier, we then shuttled up to station 1 (probably a 20 ride) on a narrow, congested road. If you have never been to a developing country before, be prepared for a shock of stray dogs, people walking inches from vehicles, motorized tricycles and cobwebs of power lines. Again, it does not make a good impression.
Boracay is a Beauty and the Beast story to me. It's physically beautiful with great white sand, gradually sloped, warm water with hardly any waves. Lots of hawkers (vendors) selling things but thankfully they were not pushy. The people are nice and English is widely spoken (easy if you are an English speaker). On the other hand, Boracay (and other places in the PI) has been developed un-checked without any sort of master plan. The beach side is fine, the service road is a dump and D'Mall is a bit chaotic.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador In Paradise Hotel
- Ambassador In Paradise Hotel Boracay
- Ambassador In Paradise Boracay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ambassador in Paradise Resort is nested in the best "White Beach" location here at Boracay Philippines. We'd love to accommodate conventions, weddings and guests like you who seeks paradise on earth! See you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, AsiaRooms, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Ambassador in Paradise Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.